50 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

• 1 year later...

This was always a classic episode to me. Though the question remains in my mind, when they solved the crisis of weather - why didn't the three tribes simply return back to their original lands? 

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...

EXPOSITION AND WORLDBUILDING, HELL YAAAAAAAA !

I like this one, everyone plays their part perfectly. Pinkie Pie as a Mayor Pudding or whatever made me laugh, that at is ridiculous. Poor AJ, even in plays she's cast as the poor peasant, it's not her fault she grew up on a farm y'all. Rainbow Dash would be an awesome commander, I'd follow each and every order she gives me o7. Twilight is soo cute in her wizard's apprentice outfit.

So it's cannon that friendship is a trait that ponies need in order to SURVIVE, orderwise some weird and mystical otherwordly power will come down and consume all ! That's some 40K level eldritch powers right there.

8.5/10, any episode with more worldbuilding is great in my book.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

This is a great episode even if it isn’t super Christmas-y. The jokes and humor are great. And the world building is nice and would end up being referenced quite a few times later on.

Also in hindsight it’s kinda messed up that earth ponies were basically serfs who had to pay tribute to the pegasi and unicorns. Also interesting that the separation of the tribes would sort of end up happening again in G5 thousands of years later.

• The title was changed to S02:E11 - Hearth's Warming Eve

Mod Note: I fixed the typo in the thread name. :P

Screenshot_20240227_231126_Firefox.thumb.jpg.c63e0908f2b4af3137d2e230e76c911e.jpg

Screenshot_20240227_231208_Firefox.thumb.jpg.3a3d8f91dacc380a59210300a111c632.jpg

Sorry Heath. It was a good 12 years, but now we must say goodbye.