Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's your pet peeve?

Tom The Diamond

Over critical fans who only see the negative and never acknowledge any positive things in a given form of media.

I want to see more people act how this guy points out what little good the despised Star Wars prequels gave us:

• Brohoof 1

7 hours ago, Dreambiscuit said:

On a separate note, I hate the keyboard on my computer. It has flat keys with little space between them and I get typos in every stinking word! I must spend the equivalent of three days a year just correcting all the typos this keyboard causes, DIE KEYBOARD DIE!!! :angry:

Can I also blame my wrong answers on tests on my pencil?

On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 7:11 PM, In Loving Memory said:

Oh there's a pretty long list of them:

• Bigots.
  • People who talk too loudly. Or do most anything to loudly honestly.
  • People who can't stop talking.
  • Hypocrites.
  • People who have absurdly bad grammatical skills.
  • People who have completely unjustified opinions.
  • The sound of a dog licking something.... Absolutely nasty :/...
  • People with constant drama.
  • Stubborn people.
  • People that deliberately try to be aggravating.
  • When I'm playing LoL on a team with people who have no map awareness whatsoever and constantly ask for MIAs instead off actually paying attention to the map.
  • When I'm playing LoL and people ban a pick just because it got reworked or is brand new. Particularly if it's win rate is absurdly low.
  • When I'm playing TF2 and somebody complains about bodyshots.
  • Small children, in general. Some are fine, but most are ridiculously annoying.
  • Probably more, but this list is getting pretty long.

Now I'm going to get political here. Be warned that these views are not for the easily offended. Just know that if you belong to that group, you are on this list too.

• Trump supporters AND Hillary supporters.
  • the Mainstream Media.
  • Snowflakes from both sides of the spectrum (primarily the right).
  • People who get way too easily offended.
  • People who believe in oppressive ideologies (Fascists, Communists, and the like).
  • Militant ideologies from either end of the spectrum (primarily the right).
  • People who are politically oblivious or otherwise ignorant (especially if intentional).
  • Partisan hacks. I'm not a hypocrite here (I support COVFEFE and hate Democrats).
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have a few pet peeves so here they are

1. When people take up most of a grocery aisle for their little social hour.

2. People driving by yell random crap at you or they just plain out make some loud noise. I live on a main road so I have to deal with this a lot. And they often say very rude disgusting things.

3.  People trying to make a random conversation with me. I know it sounds unfriendly but I just like sticking to myself when I'm out. Unless I know the person and I made plans to go out with them in the first place.

4.When I am out somewhere and people treat me like I am the biggest thing in the room even when there is plenty of space around me. They even do this to my cousin and shes a tiny thing.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

-People complaining about stupid things.
-People getting offended.
-Fanboyism
-People getting involved to my business without asking.
-People who had to find something negative from everything (*cough* Bronies *cough* Episodes *cough*)
-People who claim to be better person in the argument when by claiming that moral high-ground they show that they aren't.
-People who think they are better in general
-People who try to repeal facts with feelings or old writings based on nothing solid. 

Edited by The Cerberus

It really grinds my gears when I'm interested in something and some genius comes along to produce a wall of text about why I shouldn't be interested in the thing. 

It's also always irritating to hear from people who say things like "But you HAVE to do this thing or else you're doing it wrong!" when it's about something as simple as wearing certain clothes. Generally that kind of people that demand others to act a certain way.

People that claim that they're so super nice and accepting yet they turn out to be homophobes or racists two minutes later. All homophobes and racists can step off my lawn as quickly as possible so my precious grass won't get tainted.

One of my pet peeves is also my old posts on some forums I was on when I was 12-15. Those are the kind of things that often haunt me in my sleep yet I still go back and see what I've written - and obviously feel disappointed that I can't slap the past me across the face for oversharing so much.

I don't really have anything that grind my gears too bad. But I do find it slightly annoying when people complain about my weird uses of capitalization on Discord when they themselves usually don't even always capitalize their single (I)s. I usually act super polite about it. But it does secretly annoy me a little.

When people make a huge point of bashing something they don't like. There are so many alternatives for expressing dislike; this scenario only occurs when someone wants everyone to KNOW how much they hate said thing for whatever reason.

For some reason it makes me surprisingly irritated when forums have avatar sizes of something like 90x90 or even smaller. How is it even possible to fit anything a bit more detailed into such a small box? Even 100x100 feels pretty small but having the size limits shrunk even more is frustrating.

• 3 years later...

Hmm, what is not my pet peeve?

I hate that thing where you stop and tell somebody to go ahead and they stop and tell you to go ahead and it becomes a battle of wills disguised as politeness and I always cave. I especially hate when that happens at a stop sign and they flash their lights at you. :angry:

I hate the phrase "good morning" or worse just "morning." I don't understand the point of people walking by you and just saying the word "morning" with no other interaction. And why do they say it like 20 hours a day? It's only morning when it's before noon and the sun is up. :angry: (I know this doesn't make any sense but it irritates me.)

There are lots more but that's enough typing.

Currently it’s writing a whole paper about pet peeves and having to cite my opinions with sources. Mostly, citations are the main pet peeve cause they take so long and there’s times, like with this paper, that proof at this level isn’t even needed.

• 1 year later...

The word "please" in written instructions or directions. I'm all for people saying please, but when you're looking up a cake recipe, for example, and it says "please add 8 eggs" (I don't know, I don't bake many cakes). . . ugh. You're not asking me to do something, you're saying, "Do this. Follow the instructions or don't, but this is how it's done." Please has no place there.