Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's your pet peeve?

Tom The Diamond

At the current moment, my inability to find Bronies in real life. I love viewing these forums and all, but I would love to have other Bronies to talk to in person.

I guess you could say I also don't like it when people are close minded and or biased in their interests. I tend to let everything bother me when the general attitude toward me is toxic and negative. I only hope that being part of this community was the right decision to get away from that old mindset.

Mine is on a bit of a hot topic, so don't say I didn't warn you.

People who try to pass off homosexuality as genetic.

If that were true, there wouldn't be anymore homosexuals, because they kind of take their DNA out of the gene pool. Its a behavior pattern and we should all treat it as such.

I hate it when I step in a puddle and get water in my shoes, as I simply despise wet socks. The traffic lights at an intersection around where I live prove to be utterly vexatious, as I always arrive when this light is red, and it easily stays red for at least three minutes, even when there is nopony coming from the other road.

You know what really grinds my gears? When I want some priviacy and them boom, someone has to walk in.

You know what else really grinds my gears? When you plan something and you're so excited, but at the very last minute, they cancel.

But do you really know what really really grinds my gears? When people talk sh*t about my waifu. You, DON'T, I repeat, DONT. MESS. WITH. MY. WAIFU!!! (Sorry, fanboy moment there...)

That is all!

You know what really grind my gears?

People in the 18th century. Get on with the freakin' program people!

No, but seriously, I hate it when people call me n00b outside of the gaming context. Infact, anypony who uses that kind of terminology in real life is my sworn enemy.

We have to save the english language!

Who's with me?

• Brohoof 2

You know what really grinds my gears?! When people are so jealous that they start acting like a dick towards you and then wonder why you are pushed away from them... :huh: Oh, and when my food touches on my plate...or when things aren't loaded into categories on the supermarket check out belts...or when the last person to use the toilet paper doesn't add a new roll (I mean it only takes about 5 seconds). Or when.... *rambles on*

Bugs me out when people act phony with me. I'd hope this is the case for everyone.

You see, don't get me wrong; I'm okay with people not thrilling on me. Comes with the packaging, given how relentlessly honest I can be about things, and it is somewhat reassuring because it means I have a personality with, like, depth that allows people to form their own convictions about me, good or bad. I appreciate it when a guy dislikes me or what I say and they're honest with me about it, incites some personal reflection and whatnot.

And after all...

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."

~ Winston Churchill

That said, it bothers me to no end when a person will go as far as to put on airs around me - for whatever reason, as though I'm too immature to come to terms with someone perhaps not liking me! - and pretend to be cool with me despite it being somewhat common knowledge that I've literal eyes and ears all over the place keeping me in the know about things... abreast of details including, but not limited to, when I'm being slandered as a means to spur conversation.

It's simply somewhat insulting to my intelligence, if that makes any sense.

Edited by Veecèiri

You know what grinds my gears? Having cigarettes and then losing your lighter. It's the worst feeling ever because you know you COULD be smoking, but you have no way of actually getting them lit, so you have to think of roundabout ways to light your damn cigarettes. Bonus points if you have an electric stove, no car lighter, and no gas stations within a reasonable distance.

It's okay if you smoke, but if it really becomes an addiction in which you feel bad when you aren't smoking, then maybe you should start to quit

Politcal discussions. Don't even get me started on how many Youtube vids I've seen people commenting about Obama...When the vid wasn't about politics at all.

Seriously...How does Double Rainbow equel Obama!?

I'm sorry for double posting....But The Arrow in The Knee joke irritates me. Mary sue's piss me off....

But you know what really grinds my gears?

I hate being a woman some days...For monthly reasons.

Straight edge people. It's a strange pet-peeve, I know, but it really annoys me when people say to me, "You know that's bad for your health?"

Posted Image

Thank you Captain Obvious.

• 2 months later...
(edited)

Everyone has them, so tell us yours. Mine has to be people going through my backpack. Mainly when I leave my backpack somewhere and I come back and I see my stuff everywhere and them going through everything. I don't have anything to hide but its bothers me to no end -_-

Edited by McSaltShaker

I dunno i think mine is if someone puts something down and its not straight or something. I have to go over there change it straight and they look at my like 'defuq?'

Also… if I’m watching someone do something wrong I just look at them like ‘LET ME DO IT OR I WILL KILL YOU’ (i don't think thel last one is one... but got it annoys me x3)

Also… if I’m watching someone do something wrong I just look at them like ‘LET ME DO IT OR I WILL KILL YOU’ (i don't think thel last one is one... but got it annoys me x3)

Oh god me too. Especially when i'm helping my parents do something online. I know what to do and i'm trying to show them and they're not listening. I feel like saying "MOVE OVER I CAN DO THIS IN HALF THE TIME ITS GOING TO TAKE YOU!"

And when they use Internet Explorer -_-

• Brohoof 1

Mine is someone repeating themselves knowing I heard them the first time, the sound of foot steps walking by my door, and the ringing of a house phone.

• Brohoof 1

Mine is someone repeating themselves knowing I heard them the first time, the sound of foot steps walking by my door, and the ringing of a house phone.

Geez, how did I miss all of these. I CAN'T STAND my house phone. One day it was ringing so many times, I finally took it and threw it against the wall and that was the end of that :D

• Brohoof 1

Those bloody "Share and like this if u hate cancer" posts on Facebook.

It doesn't help, it could bring back bad memories for certain people, there are many, many betters ways to show support for those who are suffering with cancer/ its effects and it can make you look like an attention seeking asshole using a horrible disease as your reasoning.

Basically, it rustles my jimmies good and proper.