Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's your pet peeve?

Tom The Diamond

You know what really grinds my gears? The excessive amount of copy and paste bullcrap that spawns on youtube such as "Thumbs up if you agree", Like if you're listening to this in 2011" and "1234 people are <insert unfunny comment here>". I could go on forever with examples of these horrible disgraces of terrible grammar. Hell, How about I show you what I mean?

Who believs in 2012? i dont

cuz i love god and he loves

me, he loves all of us y is he gonna killl us?

HE loves US

Cant u understand thumbs up if u DO believe ME

My mind cannot comprehend this amount of bullcrap. This is an actual quote. What? Is every middle-aged mother letting their 8 year olds type up this crap? I will not believe that anyone over the age of 15 doe this. It really annoys me when they try to hide it with "Anybody agree?" Same thing.

If someone genuinely likes what you've written, they will "like" it. You don't need to beg you effin' whiners.

And that's what grinds my gears. Tom?

Edited by Someponyelse
  • Brohoof 2

You know what really grinds my Gears? Activision, that's what. They're nothing but a bunch of money hungry trolls bent on ruining every awesome game they can find. Call of duty used to be really good, but now they realized that if the release a new one every year it will make them a ton of money, but I can understand that, I can understand wanting to make tons of money of a huge franchise. However! That does not give them the right to ruin 2 of the best video game series of all time. What they did to Crash Bandicoot and Spyro is inexcusable! I like the Legend of Spyro series, but the last one made by Activison was weak. And don't even get me started about that new Spyro adventure game with the statues, where they turned Spyro into some sort of purple and yellow monstrosity. And should I mention Guitar Hero?

You know what really grinds my gears? Kids dating in high school just for popularity or kicks.

Posted Image

I did my best not to date at all in high school because it generally wasn't worth it. There was too much peer pressure and worrying about keeping on image for other people to actually focus on the relationship itself.

Posted Image

I did my best not to date at all in high school because it generally wasn't worth it. There was too much peer pressure and worrying about keeping on image for other people to actually focus on the relationship itself.

I dated once in high school for about 4 months during my sophomore year. All of my cumulative drama prior to dating her, wouldn't even come close as to how much drama and stress I experienced during those four months.

And that's what grinds my gears. Tom?

Thank you Someponyelse.

Now, you want to know something else that grinds my gears? People who take kids ages 5-0 to movies. Why? They're too young, you know they won't remember the movie, and they're not watching it. All they do is yell, scream and cry and ruin the movie for the rest of us. Ruined the first time I watched Lion King 3D. Some jerk brought their 4 year old, and he cried through the first part, the guy finally brings him out, comes back, and guess what scenes on? Mufasa's death. That nearly ruined the movie, that darn kid. But thakfully, I know someone who got me into a really late night showing of it, with no kids, and very few people there.

I mean it, if there was a movie theater that prohibited young kids(Or at least had a separate theater for people bringing little kids) I would go to it. In fact, why haven't they done that yet? God, I wish they did. If I ran a movie theater, I'd be doing that. And that's what grinds my gears.

• 2 months later...

Pretty self explanatory. What are your pet peeves?

For me, squeaky shoes, obnoxious laughs, and ignorance/arrogance are probably tied for first place.

But as a natural whiner, I have plenty more.

You guys can take it from here. What irks you?

Edited by D1SC0RD

Gum smacking.

SWEET LORD I HATE IT.

Oh, and when people correct your grammar.

Oh you'd hate me, I do that so loud just for laughs around other ponies. But I don't eat with my mouth open, that really is annoying. And kinda gross.

For me it'd be when people talk too much. Like my buddy who explains every single detail to the fullest whilst playing a game when he's over.

Oh you'd hate me, I do that so loud just for laughs around other ponies. But I don't eat with my mouth open, that really is annoying. And kinda gross.

For me it'd be when people talk too much. Like my buddy who explains every single detail to the fullest whilst playing a game when he's over.

I actually like when people explain :P

I hate when people try to tell a story, and they constantly go back to the beginning ><

when one ends the thread title with a period...

(okay mostly trolling on that one! hehe)

but seriously where do I begin?

I hate children. Well not all children. I love babies (when they're not crying) and I love toddlers until they start to grow up a bit and decide that being cute is old start being obnoxious shit heads! I like people when they're stupid... not ignorant but stupid.

I hate people who try to act smart when they're dumb! Though I tend to act dumb when I'm actually smart so people don't ask me to do stuff.

I hate when beautiful people call themselves fat or ugly! I hate when ugly people act like they are beautiful!

I hate fat people in skinny jeans or other tight clothing because no matter how good it makes you feel you are defeating the purpose of form fitting clothing if you are going for a form you are definitely not! Own your shape I say!

I hate fanboys. Meaning I hate those who feel they have to defend their fanbase even if I have a legit reason against what they have to say. (Example someone saying that any Nintendo franchise is automatically "Best Game Ever" when there are reasons against such claims)

I hate scores in reviews. When one reviews a game or movie you are a critic who must explain their experience and thoughts on the material, you are not an Olympic judge who holds up score cards for a swan dive! I especially hate how they believe 7's are average. 7 is what I'd call "Good"! 5's are average! Also gaming journalism throws tens around to any game that sells particularly well. 10 is supposed to be perfection, 10/10=100% which is impossible. It is saying that the game has absolutely no downside!

I hate the new generation. Children are being raised to believe that WoW and CoD are the two best games in the history of the universe and that graphics are what decides if a game is good or not. They also have shitty taste in music, movies, television, etc.

But my biggest pet peeve would have to be intolerance. Particularly when one attempts to force upon their opinion and does not accept even the mere existence of an opposition!

• Brohoof 1

me:

people sagging their pants (>.<)

The noise Styrofoam makes when squeezing it

People popping or making noises with their mouth

People rapping for no apparent reason (rap sucks!)

Sleeping with the lights on

Sleeping with my head ON the pillow, I sleep under the pillow

Sleeping in clothes

fanboys, especially legoboy fanboys!

people saying god bless you or saying jesus died for you (I don't have a problem against religion I am non-religious)

People hating against ponies!

I have a whole list of more that would take hundreds of years to read! :P

Oh one more, P30pl3 u$!ng !mpr0p3r gr@mm@r! Spell correctly you clonetard!

Edited by Mordecai

Annoying people on Facebook, pardon me but I don't care about every tiny detail of your life, if not at all.

Kids that go around playing music on their cell phone as if it were a boombox.

People that think they know everything, just because your older than me does not mean you know everything.

Sleeping in clothes

But it's so comfortable to sleep in jeans :huh:

Older people who seemingly make up their own words and little gramatical errors people make like "ain't nothing" or "I seen it". I guess I'm kind of a grammar nazi but that stuff just annoys me.

Older people who seemingly make up their own words and little gramatical errors people make like "ain't nothing" or "I seen it". I guess I'm kind of a grammar nazi but that stuff just annoys me.

But... I have done that :C

Ain't no problem c:

One day I was just too lazy to change into pajamas, and just wore my regular clothes; saved a bit of time the next morning.

LOL, for a while I just slept in nothing but underwear (yeah, a little personal) but mom got mad at me for doing it. :(

My biggest pet peeve is being told what I am or am not, when the pony labeling me knows nothing of my life. I hate it when ponies do that to others as well just as much.

Nopony has the right to decide who I, or others are. That is our own decision, and I like to keep it that way.

A second one is probably being woken early..but I can make an exception for ponies or holidays. Just in general though, I don't like it.

Edited by Hayze