Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's your pet peeve?

Tom The Diamond

Everyone has them! mine include

cotton balls (they make me cringe)

ordering the same thing as someone else at a restaurant

driving without my seatbelt on (even a few feet)

also let me know if you share these. I don't know anyone else who hates the restaurant one too D:

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I have the same one about ordering the same food as someone in a restaurant! It just bugs me haha

If I walk past somepony and they suddenly start to laugh

When I can hear somepony chewing their food (like in a silent room but one pony is eating)

When a group of people is looking at me... I don't know why but it makes me feel like I'm doing something wrong haha

When somepony erases a whiteboard, and they leave little lines and trails of marker behind

Edited by Corrosive Brony
  • Brohoof 1

My biggest pet peeves (( And weirdest )) are probably somepony using bad grammar, or something not being symmetrical. Like I was decorating a house; I'd want it perfect. :D I am also a perfectionist.. -_- 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

When people say "Well you times X by Y to get XY." No, you MULTIPLY X by Y, this isn't third grade, so please use vocabulary that doesn't make you sound like a third grader. I don't know, I get seriously annoyed when I hear that. It's strange.

Having a dirty screen. Seriously, if I have one smudge on a screen, it's getting sprayed by glasses cleaner (which, protip, works really well for cleaning screens)

When people doggy ear books on the bottom of the page.

humming, tapping, whistling etc. during a test or some other silent period where I need to concentrate. 

When people "smack" while eating.

Edited by jackw545
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

When I cough and then people are all like "bless you :)"

IT WAS A COUGGGHHH!!! NOT A SNEEZE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCnGKF_Ro2A

I also hate the modern Minecraft servers with its excessive Mods, and little kid operators flying around and polluting the economy with diamonds, ect.  Theres also wayyyy too many rules and land protection.  Heck, you can't destroy a simple house without being called a "griefer."  Its a game people!  Chill out!

People also say "that's ironic" a lot, which bothers me because 95% of the time they are misusing the word "ironic."

Drunk people piss me off, especially when they're acting obnoxious.

Edited by John
  • Brohoof 2

Hm, idk i really feel like I don't have alot of pet peeves to beggin with, actually i can hardly think of anything at all.

Them being weird narrows it down alot more to.

Um, does people rubbing on styraphome count? That noise drives me bonkers.

I can't think of anything else on my own, :/.

When people say "Well you times X by Y to get XY." No, you MULTIPLY X by Y, this isn't third grade, so please use vocabulary that doesn't make you sound like a third grader. I don't know, I get seriously annoyed when I hear that. It's strange.

Having a dirty screen. Seriously, if I have one smudge on a screen, it's getting sprayed by glasses cleaner (which, protip, works really well for cleaning screens)

When people doggy ear books on the bottom of the page.

humming, tapping, whistling etc. during a test or some other silent period where I need to concentrate. 

When people "smack" while eating.

Being in band and having this constantly rhythm going through my head, even not being a drummer I tap stuff sometimes, typically not during tests though.

Also, while I try to not smack while eating, for some reason I can't not do it, don't ask me why, my brother hates it to, and he gets annoyed with me all the time for it.

So I guess i imagine you'd be pretty annoyed at me to. :/.

Hm, idk i really feel like I don't have alot of pet peeves to beggin with, actually i can hardly think of anything at all.

Them being weird narrows it down alot more to.

Um, does people rubbing on styraphome count? That noise drives me bonkers.

I can't think of anything else on my own, :/.

Being in band and having this constantly rhythm going through my head, even not being a drummer I tap stuff sometimes, typically not during tests though.

Also, while I try to not smack while eating, for some reason I can't not do it, don't ask me why, my brother hates it to, and he gets annoyed with me all the time for it.

So I guess i imagine you'd be pretty annoyed at me to. :/.

It's really only when I'm trying to concentrate that tapping and stuff annoys me. Like if you're at the lunch table or on the bus, tap away my friend, but if it's in the library or during a test, I'd get annoyed with you, yeah. As for smacking, I understand people can't help it (hell, I do it sometimes, mostly with chewy food though) so I just pretty much deal with it. It sucks that I get annoyed at such a common thing though.

• Brohoof 1

It's really only when I'm trying to concentrate that tapping and stuff annoys me. Like if you're at the lunch table or on the bus, tap away my friend, but if it's in the library or during a test, I'd get annoyed with you, yeah. As for smacking, I understand people can't help it (hell, I do it sometimes, mostly with chewy food though) so I just pretty much deal with it. It sucks that I get annoyed at such a common thing though.

Yeah, i know, its just a habit xD. it happens once your in marching band listening to the constant rhythm from the drum major, or just marching to the beat or something. 

If you an actual drummer its even more common to do.

Its just something i do when i have nothing to do, i don't like doing nothing. Infact I find it hard to just do absolutely nothing. Atleast for a while.

Idk what it is with me and smacking. But it seems that i make the noise regardless of what I do.

And its definitely the worst with bread and stuff, anything really hard to chew or stuff that gets stuck to your teeth and gums.

I guess we all have pet peeves, I frankly probably have alot more, i just suck at identifying them :P.

When I'm drivin' on the thruway, and someone changes lanes just to get 'round me. I know the speed limit, damn it! Maybe you shoulda planned your day better if your in such a hurry.

Also, when people wait until right when they turn to put on their blinkers. Lucky I don't ram into their bumper, inconsiderate sods.

You know what, bad drivers in general are my major pet peeve. That and freakin' prostitots. Wear some clothes, damn it, you're in 5th grade!

• Brohoof 2

I can't stand it when my hands are wet.

When I do the dishes I always dry my hands off on the towel in between dishes, even though I know I'm about to stick my hands back in. Also, I get ~6-7 pieces of paper towels at public restrooms and is that normal

What bothers me the most? My weirdest pet peeves?

When people I deem are doing something gross. I don't like saying they do shit gross, but it bothers me whether it was body functions or something. Its a big pet peeve of mine. 

I don't like it when people just look at me like I did SOMETHING.

The worst pet peeves?

My father doesn't listen very well, its like he has to avoid listening to people. I hate it when I'm TALKING to someone and they take like 5 MINUTES to respond. (Offline) I have very low anger gauge for that.

WORST:You must bathe at all times if you sleep over. No ifs, ands, or buts. YOU.MUST.SHOWER. There is NO WAY IN HELL your getting on my clean couches without showering. Its just...disgusting on all levels. ]No matter what I MUST take a bath, even if its late.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I hate Tissues

I hate the feeling of Velvet

I hate when my neck gets sweaty

I hate the feeling of velvet

I hate the sound of Velcro

....Did I mention I hate the feeling of velvet?

Edited by Toa of Ponies
  • Brohoof 1

I hate it when I'm in the car with someone and they stay at a radio station for about Five seconds and then they change it. I mean, make up your mind! The same goes for the Television.

I also hate the sound of the rubbing of styrofoam. It hurts my ears.

I can't stand uncleanliness. 

If something is unorganized, I will spend most of my day making it organized.

Loud conversations in fast food places. 

Babies/Kids/Teens.

People who judge someone based off of looks.

People against gay marriage.

I don't really like religion, in all brutal honestly.

Politician-Republicans really make me angry.

Fox News.

People who can't spell. I don't mind some errors here and there, but if I can't read it...we have a serious problem.

People who can't learn to respect the stupid fact I'm vegetarian,  get over it. 

I probably have A LOT more knowing me. 

• Brohoof 4

Like whealtly my biggest pet peeve is thongs being unclean,

If im anywhere and the plates or cutlery are even slightly dirty i have to get a new set, if im at home it goes right back into the wash :x

This really annoys my parents !

(edited)

-When people drag their feet while they're walking, especially on carpet. I have a coworker who does this all the time, and I always want to yell "PICK UP YER DAMN FEET!"

-I could make an entire list of spelling and grammatical errors that set my teeth on edge, but the most annoying ones to me are the misuse of there/their/they're, your/you're, to/too, then/than, who's/whose, spelling "a lot" as one word, and misusing "__ and I" in cases where "__ and me" are grammatically correct. Also...people who make gross overuse...of ellipses [...]...it's not clever...nor is it appealing to the eyes...so if you could please...tone it down...that'd be great...

Also, please stop calling ellipses "dot-dot-dot". It makes you sound like a second grader. >_>

-Can't stand the feel of denim, so jeans are THE DEVIL. I also don't like the feel of very fine/thin cotton, which is a problem because most of the MLP tees I've ordered recently are made that way. What ever happened to thick, durable cotton shirts?

-When drivers cut me off, especially without signaling. Fuck. You. Whenever I see the signs of someone speeding up in an attempt to squeeze in between me and the car ahead of me, I make a point to speed up and close the gap. If you wanna be a dick, then two can play at that game. :)

-When people chew with their mouths open.

-People whose mouths constantly hang open. I know it's probably mean of me to say, since it's more-or-less involuntary, but...you need to keep your mouth closed. You're gonna swallow a fly that way, and you look like a dope.

I've got a million of 'em, honestly. I'd be here all day if I tried to list them all.

EDIT: Just noticed that some of these aren't necessarily "weird" per se, but I suppose they're worth stating anyway.

Edited by Lowline Thrash
  • Brohoof 1

I still stick with cursing as my choice since it is a big pet peeve of mine. I hate it with a burning passion because it sounds so unprofessional and rude. I believe that you don't need to curse to get your point across.

(edited)
  • When people just start touching my stuff without me saying it's okay to do so (I'm really protective of my possessions)
  • When people sing/ hum a song and they're way off. I'm always like, "You're doing it wrong! It goes like this" (even though I probably don't sound much better).
  • When people poke fun at how "bad" I play the sax. I get that you're just joking around, but it's not funny to me, just annoying
  •  If both my hands are free, the door doesn't lock upon closing and you are more than 10 ft ahead of me, don't hold the door open for me. Don't worry, I can handle the door. You're just making me feel like I'm keeping you waiting when you hold doors for me in that situation.

I feel so bad when I get the squeaky seat/desk in the class during a test because I always shake my leg like mad during tests. The squeaking never stops.   :unsure:

Edited by MuteMutt

-When people touch me like it's ok to just do that.

-When people scratch their seat belts.  The noise make me cringe and shiver for some reason.

-When people pick something of mine up and then don't put it back down exactly the way they found it.

-When others walk up to me and start talking to me when we've never met before.

-When a person calls and asks to speak with someone, but they don't say who they are first.  It should be "Hello, I'm ____. May I please speak to ____?"

-When my coworkers walk up to me and start talking or asking personal questions while I'm trying to work.

-When someone asks me the same question rephrased multiple times in a row.  What about it did you not get the first 3 times?

-Driving. Everything about it.

-If we are walking into a building with two sets of doors, if I hold the first set open for you, the least you could do is not let the second set close in my face you jerk! >_>

-When a person chews with their mouth open.

-People who try to push their political and/or religious views on me. Especially when its clear that I don't care.

-When someone tells me to "get a thicker skin" after I respond negatively to being picked on.  It's like he's trying to make me look like the one in the wrong.

Wow, these will eventually go on into eternity. :o

When people start to act weird around me, without a reason.

When someone starts to steal my stuff.

When someone talks to me about religion/politics, but I start to not care.

People staring at me just because, I'm from a different city or look different.

Camping in Super Craft Bros or Smash Bros.
Four year olds on Youtube and skype.
The clicking noise from typing on the wii u.
People asking for admin when they join.

-all dirty dishes. I don't care if i ate off of it 5 minutes ago, I am not going to touch it.

-eating sounds

-when paintings aren't straight in peoples houses. My friends are always weirded out because i will straighten things in their houses.

-when women expect people to treat them differently because of their gender. This is coming from a woman.

-people who misuse words. I'm shore i do this sometimes with out reelizing it but if you're sentence looks like this than we have a problem.

-touchy people. What do you not understand about personal space? It is not okay to stroke my arm while you talk to me!

-when people obsess about their weight. If you think you look fat, then stop complaining about it and start eating right or go to the gym.

-people who fish for compliments. If you don't know what I mean, it's when you complain about yourself in an attempt to get others to compliment you.

-people who try to force beliefs on others.

-stupid questions and statements. Yes, I realize that my shirt is blue today. Thank you for the reminder.

-excessive...use...of...ellipses

-the sound of utensils scraping plates

-miss-matched socks

-leftover whiteboard or chalkboard markings

-when people try to make it sound like they know a lot about a topic when they clearly don't

I'm sure there are a lot more but I can't think of them at the moment.

When someone doesn't make something perfect.

\When someone doesn't use good grammar.

When someone chews with their mouth open.

When a group of people start laughing near me. (I feel like they are laughing at me for some reason D:)

Thats all I can really think of.