Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you look for in a Girl/Boy Friend <3

Speedy Transition

Hmm... I like a guy who cares about me, understands me, supports me, and spends time with me. So I think it's nice to be friends with someone before taking it to the next level. Appearance doesn't matter very much to me; it's personality that counts.

• Brohoof 2

Posted here before a while ago, maybe I have changed not sure.

- First, has to be nerdy and be at least either interested in cars, video games or at least cartoons.

- Liking EDM music would be great as well as having interest in subwoofers and stereo systems.

- Modest, shy, nice and respectful.

- Looks matter a little only a little, I feel attracted to pretty much everyone. Don't care about height both tall and short are hot, though short girls are hotter. :P So score for shorter people.

- Hair color doesn't matter neither does eye color, though it would be awesome if green eyes as well.

- Also, body type doesn't matter either though petite is best it doesn't really matter since pretty much all body types can be attractive.

- Cuteness is my weakness.

Also, maybe this is just extra but being creative in bed would be a big bonus. So I guess I should be looking for a gymnast.

Looks? Don't care. Short, tall, thin, big, blonde hair, black hair..don't care. Tattoos and piercings are hot, though.

Personality? As long as we can have a conversation, I don't care. I like to be able to discuss politics, history, current events and other things. I like to have an opposite mind to discuss with. My last girlfriend was seriously lacking in that department, to the point where I swear I was just talking to myself half the time. You gotta be intelligent or talkative. I wouldn't mind a geek girl who loves video games and the like, but it doesn't matter: As long as we can have a nice, long conversation or debate without awkward or prolonged silences, that'll do me fine.

Also, maybe this is just extra but being creative in bed would be a big bonus. So I guess I should be looking for a gymnast.

Or maybe a dancer, they can move in some rather interesting ways as well and have good muscle control um down there if you know what I mean. I answered my other criteria earlier in this thread

http://mlpforums.com/topic/21779-what-do-you-look-for-in-a-girlboy-friend-3/?p=1565256

but joking aside I like a woman who is a lady in public but who is not afraid to let her inner slut in the bedroom and of course creativity can help with that.

Edited by EarthbendingProdigy
  • Brohoof 1

I wouldn't mind a girl/woman who is friendly, understanding, caring, loving, generous, and funny. Looks don't matter that much to me, it is all about personality. Oh and a girl/woman who shares my interests but also has her own.

-I'm not gonna lie, I'm a weird-ass mutha. I have a lot of things about me that aren't so typical. Probably most notable that I'm pansexual and agender. I need someone who can understand and accept those things about me, as well as, well, anything else. Basically, someone who gets me.

-Emotionally supportive is good.

-Sense of humor, particularly one similar to mine.

-Similar interests and hobbies.

-Similar age.

-Nice.

-Smart.

-Someone I can both learn from and teach.

-Someone who fosters better qualities in me and helps me keep worse qualities in check.

Mrgh, I'm sure there are other things, but I can't think of anything. I'm already in a relationship, so thinking about these things isn't exactly a top priority.

Or maybe a dancer, they can move in some rather interesting ways as well and have good muscle control um down there if you know what I mean. I answered my other criteria earlier in this thread

I think I shall start learning dancing again.

Well, what I was looking for I found in my current boyfriend, and then some!! 

• Intelligent: Very. He's going to Duke University, the seventh best college in America!
  • Outgoing/Social: I'm working on this one with him, he's a bit shy and worries about what others think of him too much.
  • Athletic/Physically Active: Certainly. He's a wide receiver and defensive back on the football team, and plays lacrosse.
  • Kind/Sweet: He's got this in spades. He is literally the sweetest, most kindhearted boy I've ever met!
  • Attractive: The boy's a prime piece of toned man-meat! Haha that sounded very demeaning to him!
  • Brohoof 1

I need someone who can joke around with me, SHOW they're concerned, be serious when they have to, be my shoulder to cry on...eh, there's probably more, but those are the MAIN things.

Some PLUSES, however, are..bein' a gamer, liking the same music as me, being into the same fandoms I am...and yeah. Those aren't neccesary, but I would love you more if you were. :I

Im looking for (at this point) a boyfriend who is:

-kind and a good person

-kind've nerdy, enough to at least have a clue about the things I do.

-somewhat romantic

-Some looks, but it's as long as they fit in a perception I call "human".

-Somewhat humorous and happy about life to counteract my ways.

-Loves me for me, not my body etc.

Bonuses

-Similar interests

-Good Looks

-Decent taste in music (rare to find)

-Not so clingy

Looks are irrelevant but hey if she is cute as well as my ideal girlfriend I won't say no.

Someone who will be there for me. I want someone I can trust. It'd be nice if she was a gamer but I won't say no just because she isn't. She needs to have a good sense of humour

Someone who can be supportive and won't quit. I can be a handful and a little stubborn when upset or mad. Doesn't happen often but it'd be nice to know she wouldn't stop being there for me cuz I can be a little difficult.

At least some similar interests. I'm not looking for a R63 me but it'd be nice to talk about things we have in common.

Can have fun but know when to be serious and take what I say seriously. I don't mean like orders or something just when I share my concerns on something they aren't shrugged off.

This one is obvious but super important for reasons I am not going into. Someone who genuinely loves me.

Edited by QuirkyUsername

I used to have some standards, but now I just want a moderately cute guy I can get high with and then cuddle and watch MLP ;~;

Being spiritual and caring a little about politics would help too. Also, if theyre a Pink Floyd fan :3

Well I hope this doesn't "objectify" like that one person did awhile ago.

The one thing I really look for in a girl friend is if she's really affectionate, or wouldn't mind if I randomly hugged her all of a sudden... I want her to feel very special  :) .

Honestly, everything else I'd want in a girl friend is small compared to this, not to say I'll fall for them just because they're affectionate.

Edited by Wingin'Wolf

The one thing I really look for in a girl friend is if she's really affectionate,

I don't think there is anything objectifying or disrespectful about that at all, alot of people like to be touched and held and not just sexually (although I like both kinds of touching pretty much equally myself).

Hmm hard to say really... since I believe a relationship can start with anyone, as long as you accept each others differences :P 

But I guess some important things to me would be: 

• Kind hearted
  • Straight forward / honest
  • Chatty (not too much though.. xD) 
  • Funny / witty  would be  big plus
  • Affectionate (very important for me) , kisses and hugs etc =] 
  • Loyal, If I saw them flirting with someone else it would break my heart a bit ( though I would not be one of those types to send 20 texts a day asking where she is, nor would I mind at all her going out to do stuff, as long as she stayed faithful)
  • Most importantly to me. Someone who is my best friend as well as my girfriend. I believe the two shouldn't be that far separated. Should be someone I want to see all the time, I can be natural with and be myself with without any pressure

Looks aren't hugely important to me :P 

• Brohoof 2

he must be funny and smart and good looking and cares about me and loves some of the stuff I do and Cares about me and loves me back and tolerates the stuff I love to do even if they don't like it back.

Relationships are all about emotional synchronization. Humans shoot for quality over quantity when reproducing, and consequently, take a long time to reproduce. It takes a human up to a year to conceive, 9 months for the baby to grow and develop inside of its mother, and up to 12 hours for the mother to give birth to the baby. Human reproduction has a lot of room for error, and since it takes such a long time, can be devastating if it doesn't work out. If a human couple in the wild fails to get it right the first time, they might not even live long enough to have a shot at trying it again. If something happens to the male, female, or baby during the reproduction process, it could very well mean game over.

Since reproduction was such a risky gamble back when we were hunter-gatherers, we developed this neurological electrical-chemical process we call "Love." Love is the 3rd and final stage, in the human attraction process.

Chemical_basis_of_love.png

The human attraction process consists of 3 different stages:

Lust: Which is accompanied by the release of estrogen and testosterone, is what gives us the desire to find love in the first place. It's the force that drives people to look for potential mates to reproduce with. This stage doesn't begin until adolescence, when sexual organs have matured, and testosterone and estrogen are being released. Since these chemicals are being released in such a copious amount during adolescence, it's common for teenagers to become enamored with other people for superficial reasons. It's also the reason why teenagers, especially younger ones are fixated on searching for mates. It's also the reason why many teenage relationships are centered around sex. It's because lust, and the chemicals associated with it, are dominating the brain. Now before somebody gets upset with me for "Generalizing" teenagers, let me say that every teenager is different. Each teenager has deviations in brain structure, and chemical production. Because of this, there will be some teenagers that act differently than the majority do.

Attraction: Also known as infatuation, this stage is accompanied by the release of dopamine, norepinephrine, serotonin, and nerve growth factor. This is the "Honeymoon" phase most couples go through for the first 3-6 months of their relationship. The two people become enamored with each other, and spend almost every moment with each other. This is primarily due to the heightened presence of dopamine and norepinephrine. Dopamine is the brain's pleasure chemical, and is largely related to happiness and euphoria. Norepinephrine affects hyperactivity, sleeplessness, goal-oriented behavior, and attention. Dopamine and norepinephrine are commonly found to coincide with one and another. This stage of the relationship is there to get the couple to spend time with each other in order to get to know each other. What makes them tick, how they are like, what they desire... What they need. It plays a key role in the couple emotionally synchronizing with each other.

Attachment: "Love." This stage is accompanied by the release of oxytocin, and vasopressin. It is also accompanied by a reduction of the hormones that were released during the attraction stage. Oxytocin also known as the "Bonding hormone," is associated with pair bonding, and separation anxiety. Interestingly enough, it's also released during orgasm. Vasopressin, which amongst several other things, is associated with pair bonding. This is the stage where the emotional synchronization starts to finalize.

Emotional synchronization is essential to a relationship. If the emotional synchronization is disturbed, both members of the couple will subconsciously size up the situation. Depending on what conclusion the members of the couple come to, the relationship will either be repaired, or replaced. Factors that go into this decision include things such as how much as been invested into the relationship, how severe the disturbance is, and the availability of replacement mates. If it's something minor such as someone forgot about the couple's anniversary, the emotional disturbance can typically be rectified by reassurance. But something such as one of the members of the couple moved to another state, and long-distance communication and interaction is severely inhibited over an extended period of time, the emotional synchronization will be very affected over a long period of time, and in many cases, results in the relationship's end. That is the reason why many people are apprehensive about online and long distance relationships: interference with emotional synchronization. Emotional synchronization is also the reason why people often look for themselves in their mates. The more they have in common, the less conflict they will get into, the less disturbance. The more they have in common, the easier it is for them to become attuned to the needs of each other, the easier it becomes to emotionally synchronize with each other.

I don't measure people up to an arbitrary list of criteria. If I like a person, then I like them. What should matter is how I feel about a person, not whether or not they are attractive, male or female, tall or short, smart, or funny. If I enjoy being around a person, then that is all that matters. These arbitrary checklists are irreverent, and only serve to reduce the possibilities and freedom I have to find a person I enjoy being around. They are counter-productive, so I avoid them.

• Brohoof 5

What I look for in a guy:

He has an amazing personality. Caring, generous and sweet. 

Has people/social skills. 

I think it's cute when guys are a little shy though.. :3 

Honest and truthful. No lies. 

He doesn't worry too much about his looks. No complements from yourself about your looks 24/7. That's just weird. Your looks don't matter too much to me. 

He'd take me on nice long walks, skip something important to bring me something when I'm sick, and cares about me the same way I'd care about him. 

Forgive me if I did something wrong. 

Won't take his anger out on me.

He can be a gamer. ^^

Can handle my crazy obsessions with TV shows, books, and movies. 

Cuddles=Happiness

Edited by PrincessOfWinterWubs
  • Brohoof 4

I don't look for any qualities, technically. I have them come to me and then I test them to see how trustworthy they are, weather they're going to annoy me or not, if I'll be able to like them back, ect.

So what do you look for in a Girl/Boy Friend? :)

My partner would have to be some of these things <3

• Kind
  • Pretty (looks arnt everything though)
  • Likes me for me
  • Can join in or at least try my hobbies
  • Likes to cuddle :3
  • Who will be there for me, even for silly things
What do you like in yours? :)

Your list is my list all except for num. 2.

Relationships are all about emotional synchronization. Humans shoot for quality over quantity when reproducing, and consequently, take a long time to reproduce. It takes a human up to a year to conceive, 9 months for the baby to grow and develop inside of its mother, and up to 12 hours for the mother to give birth to the baby. Human reproduction has a lot of room for error, and since it takes such a long time, can be devastating if it doesn't work out. If a human couple in the wild fails to get it right the first time, they might not even live long enough to have a shot at trying it again. If something happens to the male, female, or baby during the reproduction process, it could very well mean game over.

Since reproduction was such a risky gamble back when we were hunter-gatherers, we developed this neurological electrical-chemical process we call "Love." Love is the 3rd and final stage, in the human attraction process.

img-2143417-1-Chemical_basis_of_love.png

The human attraction process consists of 3 different stages:

Lust: Which is accompanied by the release of estrogen and testosterone, is what gives us the desire to find love in the first place. It's the force that drives people to look for potential mates to reproduce with. This stage doesn't begin until adolescence, when sexual organs have matured, and testosterone and estrogen are being released. Since these chemicals are being released in such a copious amount during adolescence, it's common for teenagers to become enamored with other people for superficial reasons. It's also the reason why teenagers, especially younger ones are fixated on searching for mates. It's also the reason why many teenage relationships are centered around sex. It's because lust, and the chemicals associated with it, are dominating the brain. Now before somebody gets upset with me for "Generalizing" teenagers, let me say that every teenager is different. Each teenager has deviations in brain structure, and chemical production. Because of this, there will be some teenagers that act differently than the majority do.

Attraction: Also known as infatuation, this stage is accompanied by the release of dopamine, norepinephrine, serotonin, and nerve growth factor. This is the "Honeymoon" phase most couples go through for the first 3-6 months of their relationship. The two people become enamored with each other, and spend almost every moment with each other. This is primarily due to the heightened presence of dopamine and norepinephrine. Dopamine is the brain's pleasure chemical, and is largely related to happiness and euphoria. Norepinephrine affects hyperactivity, sleeplessness, goal-oriented behavior, and attention. Dopamine and norepinephrine are commonly found to coincide with one and another. This stage of the relationship is there to get the couple to spend time with each other in order to get to know each other. What makes them tick, how they are like, what they desire... What they need. It plays a key role in the couple emotionally synchronizing with each other.

Attachment: "Love." This stage is accompanied by the release of oxytocin, and vasopressin. It is also accompanied by a reduction of the hormones that were released during the attraction stage. Oxytocin also known as the "Bonding hormone," is associated with pair bonding, and separation anxiety. Interestingly enough, it's also released during orgasm. Vasopressin, which amongst several other things, is associated with pair bonding. This is the stage where the emotional synchronization starts to finalize.

Emotional synchronization is essential to a relationship. If the emotional synchronization is disturbed, both members of the couple will subconsciously size up the situation. Depending on what conclusion the members of the couple come to, the relationship will either be repaired, or replaced. Factors that go into this decision include things such as how much as been invested into the relationship, how severe the disturbance is, and the availability of replacement mates. If it's something minor such as someone forgot about the couple's anniversary, the emotional disturbance can typically be rectified by reassurance. But something such as one of the members of the couple moved to another state, and long-distance communication and interaction is severely inhibited over an extended period of time, the emotional synchronization will be very affected over a long period of time, and in many cases, results in the relationship's end. That is the reason why many people are apprehensive about online and long distance relationships: interference with emotional synchronization. Emotional synchronization is also the reason why people often look for themselves in their mates. The more they have in common, the less conflict they will get into, the less disturbance. The more they have in common, the easier it is for them to become attuned to the needs of each other, the easier it becomes to emotionally synchronize with each other.

I don't measure people up to an arbitrary list of criteria. If I like a person, then I like them. What should matter is how I feel about a person, not whether or not they are attractive, male or female, tall or short, smart, or funny. If I enjoy being around a person, then that is all that matters. These arbitrary checklists are irreverent, and only serve to reduce the possibilities and freedom I have to find a person I enjoy being around. They are counter-productive, so I avoid them.

My brain just exploded a bit. ;_;

• Brohoof 4

My ideal girlfriend:

- Pretty in one way or another(not too important though)

- Around my height

- Same music taste as me(I love a girl who likes punk)

- Likes at least one thing in common with me

- Make me laugh/smile/whatever else falls into this category

- Loyal

- Affectionate

This is already too much