Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you look for in a Girl/Boy Friend <3

Speedy Transition

Hmm...

• Is Christian
  • Has to be taller than me or about the same height (I prefer taller)
  • Enjoys my cooking
  • Loves me for who I am
  • CUDDLES!
  • Sweet and Kind
  • At least a little good-looking (to me)
  • Loyal
  • Romantic
  • Makes me happy
  • Has the courage to marry me of all people (I'm actually not that bad  ;) )

There. I actually haven't given this that much thought.

Edited by True Rarity
  • Brohoof 1

My partner (more looking for bf) would preferably be:

Kind

Somewhat Positive

Somewhat Nerdy

Can't be one who forces views on people,

of any kind.

Somewhat romantic

Somewhat jovial (cheerful)

Looks: I don't care a lot, but I never was into big blobs of skin and fat...

Loves me for me

Of course, he has to LIKE GUYS in the first place...

Edited by Twilight Sniper

Relationships are all about emotional synchronization. Humans shoot for quality over quantity when reproducing, and consequently, take a long time to reproduce. It takes a human up to a year to conceive, 9 months for the baby to grow and develop inside of its mother, and up to 12 hours for the mother to give birth to the baby. Human reproduction has a lot of room for error, and since it takes such a long time, can be devastating if it doesn't work out. If a human couple in the wild fails to get it right the first time, they might not even live long enough to have a shot at trying it again. If something happens to the male, female, or baby during the reproduction process, it could very well mean game over.

Since reproduction was such a risky gamble back when we were hunter-gatherers, we developed this neurological electrical-chemical process we call "Love." Love is the 3rd and final stage, in the human attraction process.

img-2143417-1-Chemical_basis_of_love.png

The human attraction process consists of 3 different stages:

Lust: Which is accompanied by the release of estrogen and testosterone, is what gives us the desire to find love in the first place. It's the force that drives people to look for potential mates to reproduce with. This stage doesn't begin until adolescence, when sexual organs have matured, and testosterone and estrogen are being released. Since these chemicals are being released in such a copious amount during adolescence, it's common for teenagers to become enamored with other people for superficial reasons. It's also the reason why teenagers, especially younger ones are fixated on searching for mates. It's also the reason why many teenage relationships are centered around sex. It's because lust, and the chemicals associated with it, are dominating the brain. Now before somebody gets upset with me for "Generalizing" teenagers, let me say that every teenager is different. Each teenager has deviations in brain structure, and chemical production. Because of this, there will be some teenagers that act differently than the majority do.

Attraction: Also known as infatuation, this stage is accompanied by the release of dopamine, norepinephrine, serotonin, and nerve growth factor. This is the "Honeymoon" phase most couples go through for the first 3-6 months of their relationship. The two people become enamored with each other, and spend almost every moment with each other. This is primarily due to the heightened presence of dopamine and norepinephrine. Dopamine is the brain's pleasure chemical, and is largely related to happiness and euphoria. Norepinephrine affects hyperactivity, sleeplessness, goal-oriented behavior, and attention. Dopamine and norepinephrine are commonly found to coincide with one and another. This stage of the relationship is there to get the couple to spend time with each other in order to get to know each other. What makes them tick, how they are like, what they desire... What they need. It plays a key role in the couple emotionally synchronizing with each other.

Attachment: "Love." This stage is accompanied by the release of oxytocin, and vasopressin. It is also accompanied by a reduction of the hormones that were released during the attraction stage. Oxytocin also known as the "Bonding hormone," is associated with pair bonding, and separation anxiety. Interestingly enough, it's also released during orgasm. Vasopressin, which amongst several other things, is associated with pair bonding. This is the stage where the emotional synchronization starts to finalize.

Emotional synchronization is essential to a relationship. If the emotional synchronization is disturbed, both members of the couple will subconsciously size up the situation. Depending on what conclusion the members of the couple come to, the relationship will either be repaired, or replaced. Factors that go into this decision include things such as how much as been invested into the relationship, how severe the disturbance is, and the availability of replacement mates. If it's something minor such as someone forgot about the couple's anniversary, the emotional disturbance can typically be rectified by reassurance. But something such as one of the members of the couple moved to another state, and long-distance communication and interaction is severely inhibited over an extended period of time, the emotional synchronization will be very affected over a long period of time, and in many cases, results in the relationship's end. That is the reason why many people are apprehensive about online and long distance relationships: interference with emotional synchronization. Emotional synchronization is also the reason why people often look for themselves in their mates. The more they have in common, the less conflict they will get into, the less disturbance. The more they have in common, the easier it is for them to become attuned to the needs of each other, the easier it becomes to emotionally synchronize with each other.

I don't measure people up to an arbitrary list of criteria. If I like a person, then I like them. What should matter is how I feel about a person, not whether or not they are attractive, male or female, tall or short, smart, or funny. If I enjoy being around a person, then that is all that matters. These arbitrary checklists are irreverent, and only serve to reduce the possibilities and freedom I have to find a person I enjoy being around. They are counter-productive, so I avoid them.

AocoC8t.png

Got to agree with wubs.. my brain hurts now lol, interesting read nether the less :P 

• Brohoof 5

1. Likes me for me

2. Likes the fact that I'm a bit shy. I'll open up if we have good communication.

Unique personality(Surprise me) No weirdos though

She has to be pretty. Sorry I'm just looking for both physical and emotional attraction.

Doesn't care about race or ethnicity

Faithful, loyal, honest, kind, you don't have to be a genius

Someone who likes working out like I do

Likes anime(you don't have to like it) and laughing

Likes music

Likes cuddling 

Likes telling stories(Lol I like listening to stories whether they are true or not)

Someone who wants a career(I'm still in high school but I want to go to college)

Someone who will trust me no matter what

Also someone who enjoys going out and likes to chill

-Snuggles are everything

-sweet/kind

-maybe someone taller then me

-good personality

-someone who will trust me

-looks don't really matter

-Did I forget to mention snuggles? No? Ok

So ya, idk what else to say :P

• Brohoof 2

What I look for in a guy:

He has an amazing personality. Caring, generous and sweet. 

Has people/social skills. 

I think it's cute when guys are a little shy though.. :3 

Honest and truthful. No lies. 

He doesn't worry too much about his looks. No complements from yourself about your looks 24/7. That's just weird. Your looks don't matter too much to me. 

He'd take me on nice long walks, skip something important to bring me something when I'm sick, and cares about me the same way I'd care about him. 

Forgive me if I did something wrong. 

Won't take his anger out on me.

He can be a gamer. ^^

Can handle my crazy obsessions with TV shows, books, and movies. 

Cuddles=Happiness

What I look for in a guy:

He has an amazing personality. Caring, generous and sweet. 

Has people/social skills. 

I think it's cute when guys are a little shy though.. :3 

Honest and truthful. No lies. 

He doesn't worry too much about his looks. No complements from yourself about your looks 24/7. That's just weird. Your looks don't matter too much to me. 

He'd take me on nice long walks, skip something important to bring me something when I'm sick, and cares about me the same way I'd care about him. 

Forgive me if I did something wrong. 

Won't take his anger out on me.

He can be a gamer. ^^

Can handle my crazy obsessions with TV shows, books, and movies. 

Cuddles=Happiness

@_@ WTF. I don't mean to brag or anything but i fit the ticket here.... again, @_@

*Shrugs* There's a first time for everything

-Cute/Sweet/Kind/Fluttershy

-Either a gamer or some one who doesn't mind me playing video games

-Artist( not to bothered but it'd be nice)

-Doesn't care much about looks 

-Blonde (Natural)

-Green eyes

-Freckles (can you see what i'm getting at here?) 

-Loves music 

*Shrugs again* i don't know what to put here apart from the above 

Dont think it quite works that way :P

*Shrugs*

Ummmmm.

...Okay? That's cool... XD

yeah i just kind of just saw it and decided to put that in but hey

CUDDLES!

Snuggles are everything

Cuddles=Happiness

D'awwwwwww! :wub:

I would love to cuddle and snuggle with my girlfriend if I could! :wub: I didn't just know didn't know that being cuddly and snugly is such a valuable trait!  :D

• Brohoof 1

D'awwwwwww! :wub:

I would love to cuddle and snuggle with my girlfriend if I could! :wub: I didn't just know didn't know that being cuddly and snugly is such a valuable trait!  :D

CUDDLES ARE LIFE. Haha. I love being snuggled.

• Brohoof 1

Well, Im someone who likes to joke around and make people smile so, if she is a super serious person she's not really going to be my type.

I also find the shy thing to be an attractive quality and, to be honest with you, being teased in that sort of joking around flirty way is also a personality trait that I find to be attractive.

I really don't care much for looks, as long as she can like me for being me Im happy.

She doesn't have to be 100% compatible with my every interests but, if we don't have any common interests at all, it'd be kind of hard to hold a conversation with her. 

Also someone who I know is going to be there for me, if she just decides to abandon me or, give up on me than thats a no, no. If anything, I at least want her to try.   -_-

And last but not least, a girl who isn't shallow or close minded!  By this I don't mean that she has to be intelligent, I just don't want someone that is going to look at a certain situation and just accept it I for what it is or rather, I don't want someone just to mindlessly accept anything that she might hear. 

Examples of what I mean by this:

-The type of mind set of a girl that I don't like-

Me: Im a brony.

Her: Eww wtf is wrong with you, I heard that all bronies are gay perverts that like to masturbate to ponies. Do you have mental issues!?  

-The type of mind set of a girl I find to be attractive-

Me: Im a brony.

Her: Oh you mean guys that like MLP?

Me: Yeah, you've heard of them?

Her: Yup, I never thought guys would be into that kind of cutesy stuff, so I did some research and have actually met some of them. They seem to be pretty cool people. 

• Brohoof 4

For a boyfriend I would want one who:

• has a sense of humor
  • kind, considerate and caring
  • accepts who I am
  • treats others fairly
  • who would love me forever
  • we both share some of the same interests, preferably one who loves music as much as I do
  • Brohoof 5

I pretty much only have one criteria. That they can back me up in a fight! After all, what good is having a useless partner that doesn't have your back? So long as she can throw down she's alright in my book. I prefer my women to be strong willed and hard headed like myself, someone who can think on their own, act on their own, and that I can butt heads with. Too bad such women are in short supply during this day and age. Everyone's either too weak or too sensitive or both.

So pretty much if they can manage to kick MY ass, then I'm instantly head over heels baby.

Edited by Raiko

Well he has to

-Like me for the one I am

- Be adoreable

- Be loyal

-Be honest with me 

-Show kindness towards other people

- Have a good sence of humor :D

- Listen to me

- Open himself up for me

- Join me at conventions <3

- Love me (Pinkie swear on it!) 

- Like to cuddle

-Be taller than me (I'm 4 "11 / 150 cm tall)

• Brohoof 2

Well he has to

-Like me for the one I am

- Be adoreable

- Be loyal

-Be honest with me 

-Show kindness towards other people

- Have a good sence of humor :D

- Listen to me

- Open himself up for me

- Join me at conventions <3

- Love me (Pinkie swear on it!) 

- Like to cuddle

-Be taller than me (I'm 4 "11 / 150 cm tall)

I kinda fit most of that only a couple of things missing ;)

I kinda fit most of that only a couple of things missing ;)

: ) 

Well not sure if this topics was meant for single bronies only though  :8  Cause I am taken by the most wonderful man/brony ever. He goes under the name Zzhooves on this forum. Just started here so no idea how to add links in names etc ;S

: ) 

Well not sure if this topics was meant for single bronies only though  :8  Cause I am taken by the most wonderful man/brony ever. He goes under the name Zzhooves on this forum. Just started here so no idea how to add links in names etc ;S

Ah np I'm happy for ya then

Notice people's interest in cuddling, which doesn't seem that common really but it's great to see though non the less. I really like cuddles, would just be awesome having someone to cuddle with. That sounds so warm and cuddly, warm and cuddly image coming your way.

full.png

Also, this is not off topic, it's an extension to my other post cuddles are important they strengthen a relationship.

I don't look for much in a girl/boyfriend. What I'm looking for is:

• Someone who is loyal.
  • Someone who isn't too similar or different to me.
  • Someone who loves me for me, nothing else.
  • Someone who won't get upset or assume something over little things.
  • Someone who is accepting of my differences.
  • Someone I actually enjoy being with.
Edited by ~Zero~