Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you look for in a Girl/Boy Friend <3

Speedy Transition

Confidence, intelligence (especially this), a very malleable sense of humor, willpower, wit, kindness, eloquence, and outspokenness are paramount in my evaluation of a member of the opposite gender, but not really in any particular order. You might call me picky, but it's better than fishing all the time (if you know what I mean).

Have to say that age is an important factor here. I only start to get comfortable dating someone who's 19, me being 23 right now.

Things like vanity and a gravitation towards being judgmental and pointing fingers are things that tend to put me off pretty quickly. An inquisitive nature makes for a nice prospect.

Well, the rest would be up to her. Competence is something I strive for.

(edited)

Someone who doesn't need to be constantly doing something.  Going out is fun, but I also love nights in watching movies, gaming, reading, whatever.

Personality over all other things, but cute is a definite bonus.

Edit:  Thought I'd better put this in here too, as to why I don't talk about this sort of thing.  It's an apt description. 

Edited by Crispy

Hm, hard to say, haven´t found such a person, though I thought I did...

Most important I´d have to say:

- crazyness (to a certain extent)

- liveliness, someone who likes to party, do dumb things, enjoying even the small good things like a sunny day and be happy

- being sporty (just so that person can keep track with me, I´m quite obsessed with sports)

- honesty (can talk about personal/ past problems, is open, tells me to the face when I´m doing something that they think isn´t okay)

- not overly obsessed/ jealous (somebody who trusts me like I trust them, who won´t go crazy when I won´t respond to a SMS immediately (experiences ._.))

- seriousness when it is needed, I guess that speaks for itself (calmness, I can´t stand it when somebody gets loud or hysterical in bad situations)

• Brohoof 1

Well....

-A sense of humor

-A person who gets me and respects me for who I am

-Trustworthyness

-Kindness

-honesty

-creativeness

-someone who will call me in the middle of the night to say "I have the TARDIS outside your house right now. Now get your butt out of bed and come with me to save the world."

XD

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

There are a lot of things I look for in a girlfriend but these I think are the most important

-Has to have an open mind: I have noticed a lot of people on here say want a partner that is into ponies as well and that is understandable as that would be pretty awesome but for me personally it is not a requirement for me but it is a requirement that any woman I date by open minded enough to accept that part of me. And there are other issues which come to mind too where having an open mind is also helpful.

-Be honest and genuine: One of my biggest turn on's is a woman who is honest and true to herself, there are far too many people out there that pretend to be someone they are not because they are afraid of what others think so because they are not even able to be honest with themselves they can't be honest with anyone else either. I have notice and I can no longer deny that I tend to be attracted to women who are strong, confident and slightly tomboyish.

-Have a sense of humor: Life is way too short to be uptight and not willing to laugh things off every now and then.

-Has to be fairly intelligent: When I speak I actually want to be able to understand what is coming out of my mouth, plus I find intelligence sexy.

-Have good values yet not be judgmental: I am not looking for perfection here as that is impossible and perhaps a bit undesirable in some respects as I am a bit of a perv. I am not looking for a saint or sinner, just someone who tries to do the right thing even when it is not always easy.

Edited by EarthbendingProdigy
  • Brohoof 2

For me atleast...

Open Minded

Can be blunt about things (that means get to the point incase you don't know)

Kind

Likes me because of me

Cuddle monster

Funny

Honest

Would be there for me 

• Brohoof 1

What I look for in a girlfriend:

• Nice
  • Generous
  • Likes to Hug/Cuddle
  • Someone who is a happy person
  • Not too mean/angry all the time
  • Likes to receive gifts mostly
  • Brohoof 1

I look for Pinkazoidness.

Because she is everything I could ever want and more.

Smart, funny, kind, beautiful, creative, funny, fun, happy, accepting, patient, those things are all the very definition of Pinkazoidness.

• Brohoof 2

Normally when looking for women to ask on a date I look for intelligence. Someone who can hold down a conversation with me and keep the awkward luls at a minimum. I can talk about almost anything so it makes it easy for me to be a jabber jaws.

I also like someone with a similar sense of humor. I enjoy not being the only one who laughs at my jokes and I tend to have a smarter humor than most so it is also a good gauge of intelligence.

I look for someone who takes care of their body. Someone athletic and fit, you don't have to be a gym freak but it's good to know you enjoy sports or looking good.

If someone meets those qualifications then I ask them out and see how it goes from there.

What I look for in a friend is, 

• Honesty
  • Funny
  • Don't talk behind my back
  • Always there for me
  • Doesn't bully
  • Kind to others

and finally

I just want a friend that will love me for who I am,

who doesn't give two shits if I am fat, skinny, wear glasses,

look different etc. People need to be friends with

people that they think is wasting the time on.

Not what your friends that bully everyone in the school

and only be friends with fags and "cool" people.

On the last day of school my little 11 year old sister.

Which is a tom boy and just loves to play sports.

Was bullied. Because, she started wearing girly

clothes because, there's a point in someones

life when they just want to be adressed as their gender.

These kids are 5th graders and are going to be 6th graders

next year. They called her a "hoe and bitch." They were

just un-believable. I told her the next time she sees those piece 

of craps to say. 

3siroh.jpg < Click so you can understand.

Hmm...I'm looking for a guy who:

-*is romantic

-*makes me laugh

-*is intellectual and nerdy but not annoyingly so

-*is man enough to remind me of my place when get too far out of line

-shares at least 2 fandoms

-*loves to cuddle

-is patient and understanding enough to handle me on bad days

-*isnt a frequent partygoer or barfly, mostly likes to chill with a small group of friends at home

-tries to include me when possible

-gives that little bit of extra attention (good morning and/or goodnight texts, random calls, etc.)

-*lives clos-ish to Hammond Louisiana because I'm done with long distance.

-*shows that he loves me, rather than just saying it a lot

-*FAITHFUL

*=nonnegotiable

Dude...please exist

I don't have a very big list :P

- Honesty

- Funny

- Joyfulness

- Kindness

- Intelligence

- Creativity (I hate boring people >_>)

That's all of my list

(edited)

Intelligent

Creative 

Handsome

Funny

Kind

Honest

Gamer

Brony

Loyal

Hardworking

Shy

Gentle

Minecraft fan

Belongs to at least 2 fandoms

City person

Partier 

The list goes on and on and on...

Edited by wilfrerocks867
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

Someone who:

- Is rather smart

- Doesn't use 'street' talk, I hate all that stuff like 'hench' and 'loaded' and words like that

- Likes me for who I am, although no one would go to me because of my terrible looks, so I'm fine

- Likes or at least try to like what I do

- Hates heavy metal, just like me (I finally said it!)

Apart from that, I'm not too picky, but I wouldn't really like a fat an inactive person because I enjoy walks and climbing and stuff sometimes. smile.png

Edited by BrainyBrony

Honestly I don't look for anything specific but I do hope that if I ever find a girlfriend she at least enjoys my kinks and likes to play/watch video games. I don't even remember if I posted in this topic before but whatever I said before I probably think differently now.

My main problem is that I suck with people and can't talk to others for shit. Usually I have to be engaged in conversation first and even then I have to watch what I say because I have a tendency to make things uncomfortable easily because I speak my mind and have no filter as to what people want to hear or not.

Honestly? I'm pretty open to who I date (As long as they are female). It's impossible to know if someone is your type by looking at them and the purpose of the dating process is to get to know someone anyway....I just need to find someone to date. Go me and my anti-socialnessnessness.

• Brohoof 1

My potential girlfriend would need:

-A personality that's serious and down-to-earth at the core, but more than capable of being playful and immature

-A sense of humor compatible with / similar to my own (I know...doy, right?)

-Intelligence, eloquence of speech and a broad vocabulary...i.e., somepony who's not gonna scratch her head when I say something like "Oh, you're acting like a petulant little girl right now!"

-To be strong-willed enough to kick my ass for calling her a petulant little girl in the first place... tongue.png

-Musical tastes similar to my own...or at the very least, we need to be able to tolerate each other's music

-To share a good amount of other interests with me, whether it be ponies, other shows and fandoms, video games, role playing, drinking, etc.

-To be a creative spirit, whether she be a cartoonist, writer, musician, designer or whatever

-To be adventurous in all aspects of life (i.e. willing to travel and generally seek out new experiences with me)

-To be generally healthy / fit; by no means am I demanding a super model (I actually prefer curvacious women), but as someone who has fought and conquered obesity, it wouldn't be fair to myself to settle for someone who doesn't want to keep up with her own personal health

And that's about all I require, really. derpy_emoticon1.png

• Brohoof 1

Hmmm... I'd like someone who

• Likes me for who I am
  • Understands when I need space
  • Can be ridiculously childish and very grown-up all at the same time
  • Preferably likes ponies
  • If they don't like ponies, they must be able to tolerate me watching them
  • More or less looks handsome (though looks don't matter THAT much)
  • Goes slow and doesn't force themselves onto me
  • Is always there for me
  • Honest
  • Kind
  • Loyal
  • Generous
  • Has an amazing sense of humor

Those are the things I look for in a boy. Hopefully, someday I'll find one this awesome. happy.png

I look through this topic and see people with huge lists of stuff. It's a bit saddening that people have so many qualifications for a partner. I guess it's understandable since you're potentially looking for someone to spend the rest of your life with though even if it leaves some of us alone for the rest of our lives but then again....if someone doesn't have anything to offer someone how can the relationship work? Relationships don't run on fumes and the ones that do are more likely to break up real soon because of the already thin wire they teeter on. :P

I'm a loyal type. If I get a girlfriend I will coddle her and treasure her and do everything I can to make a relationship work. A good relationship works because they can get through rough patches and I do my best to make things like that work. I'm an asshole to a lot of people so the few people I really care about I really really REALLY take care of.

Here's to the future girlfriends/boyfriends we all have and hope all goes well. *Raises coffee*

</tangent>

(edited)

I don't really have high standards as such, all I care about is that people respect me.

My little list:

-Loyal

-Respectful

-Not judging

-Common interests (for conversations)

-Kind

-Cuteness

-Open minded would be a plus but not a must

-Someone that could understand my dark jokes without judging me

-Likes me for me

-Likes cars (is actually a must, many people hate me for my obsession)

-Can tolerate my car talking

-Organized

-Loves music and bass (a must, because dubstep is my background music and metal when I'm feeling down)

-Loves cleaning cars, that's all I spend my free time on

-Enthusiastic to be around me

As long as people respect me, that's a big plus. Respectful and kind, that's all folks.

Looks like a list.

tumblr_m6fkbzAPDI1rw18hdo1_400.gif

*Hmph, hmph*

Edited by Fluttershyfan94