Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Neighsayers

Crazy Misty

*Twilight Sparkle likes your post*

Mod approves of my argument.

Posted Image

Anyway, on topic. Are you saying he's given it a try and just isn't a fan? Because I've had a few people like that, too.

• Brohoof 1

Hey fellow bronies I'm sure you know what neighsayers are, their people who hate on MLP:FiM without watching it, so what I want you to do is find any happenings of it (cuz their funny as hell)

Here we go

Posted Image

I don't care if people see my name (I put privacy settings on anyway) but I blanked out my friends name for obvious reasons.

I'll be honest. This is a trollish comment the Facebook commentator posted, and not because he is questioning why people like the show, but he does not seem serious in his demeanor.

If he wants to honestly understand why people like the show that is supposedly for three year olds (which could be said for pixar/Toy Story, popular video games that have no gore, and the like) then he should ask in a better, more serious way. And by serious I mean just asking why do people like the show itself, not pertaining it to a certain demographic.

I'm not one to criticize and am generally open-minded, but if you ask "WHY IS EVERYONE ADDICTED TO MLP? ITS A 3 YEAR OLD GIRLS SHOW! FFS PEOPLE!" which is indeed meant to anger pump up fans aka bronies, then you're going to get trollish responses :mellow: BigMacintosh would even agree, the most laid character on the show!

Whose to say he watched the show? And if he did, did he intend to look at it negatively from the start, affecting his overall outlook? Regardless, it may not be his cup of tea, and some fans are not entirely innocent either, but I am happy to know I am not one of the negatives :blink: (I don't force anything on anyone and enjoy it because it's genuinely a great cartoon to me).

I won't say to get over it which is the second most obvious thing for a dedicated fan to do, but that the person who garners a negative response to a seemingly occult fanbase should expect negative responses because that is who the more radical bronies are actually looking for. B)

On a side note, I notice on some messageboards, trolls on both sides bring their supposed "harassment" to the light of an uninterested audience, which I am pretty sure they planned to do.

-Akaraah

Edited by Akaraah

At the same time, though, this video should be interpreted the other way too. Too often do I see bronies shoving MLP down the throats of people who aren't interested and for that, I am appalled. It's okay for people not to like ponies.
  • Brohoof 6

You guys are so lucky. Everyone I know either likes the show or can understand why people would like it. My profile pics have been MLP-related since earlier this year and I've had a bunch of statuses, but everyone's always so positive about it D:

Anyways, the only time I encounter haters is online, and when that happens I'll either just ignore them or try to get them to at least TRY the show, if they're a friend.

I don't know if this will ever happen to me. I'm open about my broniness but the closest I've come to a Neighsayer is when my stepmom caught me watching the show and asked in a disaproving manner, "Please tell me you're not watching My Little Pony?" to which I responded, "Yep!" and she just walked off.

• Brohoof 2

I don't know if this will ever happen to me. I'm open about my broniness but the closest I've come to a Neighsayer is when my stepmom caught me watching the show and asked in a disaproving manner, "Please tell me you're not watching My Little Pony?" to which I responded, "Yep!" and she just walked off.

Well, that's just the general response. It's not the cartoon itself that people hate with a passion or try to avoid, but the intellectual property it belongs to. When I first heard of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, I chose not to watch it because I thought it would be an uninteresting cartoon, contrary to what Lauren Faust said, "it’s not an army of cookie-cutter nice-girls or cookie-cutter beauty queens like you see in most shows for girls." Basically this is the stigma even I made it out to be most vivaciously because of ignorance, and I'm usually acceptant of things.

I assume your stepmom is not into cartoons, does not like the show, or just doesn't give it a chance because it has the MLP header stapled over it, but I don't mind any of these reasons, because I haven't enjoyed a cartoon this much in a long time. :)

Edited by Akaraah

Haters gonna hate.... just let them alone

we don't need to be trollers like them, we will tolerate and love the sh#t outta they.

This. And not sweating the small stuff. You know... Because the world is already so cynical.

Well, that's just the general response. It's not the cartoon itself that people hate with a passion or try to avoid, but the intellectual property it belongs to. When I first heard of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, I chose not to watch it because I thought it would be an uninteresting cartoon, contrary to what Lauren Faust said, "it’s not an army of cookie-cutter nice-girls or cookie-cutter beauty queens like you see in most shows for girls." Basically this is the stigma even I made it out to be most vivaciously because of ignorance, and I'm usually acceptant of things.

I assume your stepmom is not into cartoons, does not like the show, or just doesn't give it a chance because it has the MLP header stapled over it, but I don't mind any of these reasons, because I haven't enjoyed a cartoon this much in a long time. :)

She doesn't have a problem with cartoons, I think she just gives in to the stereotypical view that men aren't supposed to watch "girly" shows and she probably associates My Little Pony with the old cartoons and toys which were much more girly and lame. (imo) She didn't even see very much of it. She probably just noticed that they were ponies.
  • Brohoof 1

She doesn't have a problem with cartoons, I think she just gives in to the stereotypical view that men aren't supposed to watch "girly" shows and she probably associates My Little Pony with the old cartoons and toys which were much more girly and lame. (imo) She didn't even see very much of it. She probably just noticed that they were ponies.

I see, that's typically what happens. Somehow this makes me think on how my older sister however just doesn't like cartoons. I don't know if it's because it is simply the ideology that cartoons are for kids (which is silly to me) or because she just doesn't like cartoons BECAUSE they are cartoons.

More on what you said, the "girliest" thing in the show would honestly be the intro and color palette, but I've seen brighter colors in video games like Kirby, but a lot of people don't even consider Kirby girly, so to speak. Again, I think it's just the identifier, My little pony, that make people less acceptant that there's actually a male fan-base for it above the age of five, which some people who don't actually look into the context of the show can't stand.

• Brohoof 1

I really don't use Facebook that much, but I've seen my fair share of trolls on Youtube and Memebase.

Me either. Logged in today just for the heck of it and thought "Meh,"... Nothing to really do on Facebook, and people rarely care about my posts enough to comment so I don't see much of a reason to go there beyond the occasional login or updating the latest happenings, which there aren't much of at the moment.

From my Google Plus feed. I'm the one with the Pinkamina avatar.

Posted Image

If the person is upset with the pony pictures, he/she should think: what is up with the happy-go-lucky lady bug icon they have? lol
  • Brohoof 1

You guys are so lucky. Everyone I know either likes the show or can understand why people would like it. My profile pics have been MLP-related since earlier this year and I've had a bunch of statuses, but everyone's always so positive about it D:

Anyways, the only time I encounter haters is online, and when that happens I'll either just ignore them or try to get them to at least TRY the show, if they're a friend.

Same same.

I was posting a lot of Pony Content in this certain group.

The members just couldn't handle it anymore.

Posted Image

Spoiler for Scat

btw, I'm not in that screencap.

Edited by Quaraezha

Two of my best friends dislike the show. One hasn't even seen it though, and he's leading a local "resistance" of parasprites...so far we outnumber him vastly. :P

At least I give props to my friend who DID watch it, even though he watched anticipating to hate it, but meh, to each their own.

• Brohoof 1

What's always fun to do is walk up to random people and hit play on a random episode of MLP: FiM. Although the person who I do it with hates the show, he just loves trolling people in real life.

I don't know many neighsayers mostly because not many people know I am a brony. I see them around but I ignore them because I don't really want to deal with arguments.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey fellow bronies I'm sure you know what neighsayers are, their people who hate on MLP:FiM without watching it, so what I want you to do is find any happenings of it (cuz their funny as hell) Here we go Posted Image I don't care if people see my name (I put privacy settings on anyway) but I blanked out my friends name for obvious reasons.

If someone's hating me, my friends, or the show just because it's "girly" or "gay," I just laugh and remember that I'm probably a much happier person than they are. :)

Edited by Kodiak
  • Brohoof 1