Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How many books does Twilight own?

DeletedAcc

(edited)

I'm going to blow some minds with this one.

Twilight owns no books at all. She lives in a library. And in Canterlot, she was a student of Celestia who, I would think, would provide the books for her to study from.

Commence with the head 'splosions.

Sorry, but you are wrong. In "Look Before You Sleep" when Twilight levitates down from the shelf the book, "Slumber 101: All You've Ever Wanted To Know About Slumber Parties But Were Afraid To Ask" She proudly proclaims it to be..."My own personal copy!". Then in "Read It and Weep" Twilight tells Rainbow Dash, "Like I said, I have every book in the series." While that isn't total proof of her owning the Daring Doo books, I'm sure Twilight would have said "The library has" if they weren't her own personal books. She's generally too precise to not make that distinction if they were not her own cherished volumes.

Edited by cuteycindyhoney

Sorry, but you are wrong. In "Look Before You Sleep" when Twilight levitates down from the shelf the book, "Slumber 101: All You've Ever Wanted To Know About Slumber Parties But Were Afraid To Ask" She proudly proclaims it to be..."My own personal copy!". Then in "Read It and Weep" Twilight tells Rainbow Dash, "Like I said, I have every book in the series." While that isn't total proof of her owning the Daring Doo books, I'm sure Twilight would have said "The library has" if they weren't her own personal books. She's generally too precise to not make that distinction if they were not her own cherished volumes.

Aw, man. You're right. I wanted to see some 'splosions! :(

I'd say in the Ponyville Library(aka her house) she probably has something like 500 or so books and the chances are good that she's read most of, if not all of them. And from what I've gathered(I can't remember what episode I heard it in) she has multiple copies of some books.

Aw, man. You're right. I wanted to see some 'splosions! :(

Sorry, but think of all the bronies saved! I don't work in a library but I go there at least once a week. I also have an ebook reader, which my weak eyeballs love when I make the font really big! That doesn't stop me from buying actual books too! We actually have one bedroom in the house set up as a library now. It's getting rather full!

• Brohoof 1

Sorry, but think of all the bronies saved! I don't work in a library but I go there at least once a week. I also have an ebook reader, which my weak eyeballs love when I make the font really big! That doesn't stop me from buying actual books too! We actually have one bedroom in the house set up as a library now. It's getting rather full!

But... But... 'Splosion!! Ah who cares? 4th of July is coming up. I'll get my 'splosions then. And e-readers kinda kill my eyes. Glowiness doesn't suit them.

(edited)

But... But... 'Splosion!! Ah who cares? 4th of July is coming up. I'll get my 'splosions then. And e-readers kinda kill my eyes. Glowiness doesn't suit them.

My ereader doesn't have a backlight. I have the AlureTek eBook Reader Pro. It has ePaper Technology. That's fancy talk for it's LCD screen has a reflective backing so you read by available room light. It doesn't have WIFI so I don't have to worry about being detected with books I get via bit torrent. Look, I figured out how to post a picture of my ereader without getting it deleted as being too far off topic!

Posted Image

Edited by cuteycindyhoney
  • Brohoof 1

Posted Image

^

My face when originally this topic.

Honestly, all obvious 9000 jokes aside, I'd say it's definitely 600 or less. Canterlot? Yeah, 1,000 would be far, far more likely. But her Ponyville library seems fairly modest. The main room, as has been posted, has a lot of thick books, and some spaces lacking between some of them. Even if those spaces were filled though, I wouldn't personally go over 600. It's not that big of library in retrospect, and though it has several rooms for the books, thinking about it, it just doesn't get as high as the thousands for me.

post-5803-0-80652600-1341001272.jpg

What you saw in Ponyville is only a few of the books that Twilight took charge of when moving to Ponyville. She often teleports back and forth between Ponyville and Canterlot to retrieve books from her real personal collection, as shown below.

Posted Image

(edited)

I think we might be forgetting something. If you guys remember from 'Secret of my Excess', Twilight tries to keep Spike in a second ground-floor room... FILLED WITH BOOKS.

Edited by Ninjaneer

I think she has 0 books, cuz the books are property of the library.

I think we already went over that. She refers to the books as hers, not "the library's"