Did you like it?  

104 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

Yep, easily one of the best episodes from Season 1.

I think the progression in this episode was really good. Watching Twilight trying to get through all these different tasks without using her magic was interesting to watch, especially since there was more of a greater struggle here. I felt like that made it more relatable in that sense and made it easier for me to connect to her. Stripping her of her magic definitely added a more human element to it, I guess. I think the message was quite good as well and there were some more subtle things about it that really made me like this episode even more.

I also found the idea of the ponies wrapping up winter themselves quite interesting, but I kind of wish they went over it in more detail. That is a very small nitpick, but I really don't have any complaints about this one. Let's also not forget how catchy the song is! It's a very cute episode and the more quiet aspects of it made it really enjoyable for me.

I'll give this episode a 9/10.

Edited by Cash In
Updated thoughts
  • Brohoof 1

• 8 months later...

Really not fond of the prank the girls pulled on Spike in the end with the whole lake thing.
Yes, he was kind of a jerk but that doesn't justify this dangerous prank there.  Really not funny there.

On 1/8/2014 at 2:21 PM, GrauWitz said:

This episode made me hate Applejack even more. She made Twilight cry just because she was trying to get the job done quickly! What an asshole you are AJ

And her laughing at the "prank" they pulled on Spike was really not nice either.
In fact I think why Spike suddenly switch and sided with AJ is out of fear that he would get screwed even more(AGAIN).

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

One of the most amazing episodes of season 1 in my opinion.

In this episode Twilight trying, failing and eventually finding her place. I think this a very relatable story because we all encounter this in our life. But I doubt a child went to this process yet. For this reason I think this episode is much more enjoyable for adults as children. Especially because there is no magic / deus ex machina used to resolve it. It's just Twilight understands her place in a moment of distance and clearity.

Then I also need to write some words about the elephant in the room: Yes, that song. It's Bridle Gossip which starts the series really amazing episodes in season one but it's this episodes where the first of the really outstanding and amazing songs appears. This feels special even for a newbie like me, I can only imagine how special this is for people who grown up with this.

It's hard for me to rank episodes, but it's definitely among the top three episodes of season one.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...

Winter Wrap Up is great, need I say more?

First is the song, I think it's fair to say everyone likes to listen to this song, 'cause let's be honest, who doesn't like the song? It's catchy, fun to listen to, what more do you need? It also set the moral dilemma, which bring the second thing I like, Twilight having to break away from traditions back at home and conforming to new ones. This is something I can believe, her magic is something she relied on many times, plus the fact that it's literally her talent, but due to the traditions that were set in Ponyville, she can't do that. Plus, Canterlot is home to many unicorns, so it makes sense that she's not used to not using her magic. It's like how some people are so used to doing things based on culture that it's hard to conform to other methods.

Now for my gripe of the episode, first being Spike. Every time he laughed at Twilight's expense, I just can't help but dislike him a bit, especially when he's supposed to be supportive. Sure he does at some points, but I don't feel like it's enough to make up for that. Then, there's also the mane 6. Before I go on, I'll say first that I can believe in their reasons for not asking Twilight for help, she's not used to their traditions yet, but even so, I feel like they could've encouraged or teach her about doing it without magic, but then again, we wouldn't get the argument that comes after in that case.

This episode is one that I feel a lot of people in the fandom would enjoy, and there's a good reason for it. The song was great, so was the moral, and the visuals are a sight to be hold. It's a great episode and there are many reasons why.

It’s one of my favorite episodes of Season 1!  It’s the episode that introduced me to MLP so it’ll always have a place in my heart.  

I don’t have anything negative to say about it. 

• Brohoof 1

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I found the book version of this working at the library. We’ve lost a few easy readers but this, the goodnight flurry heart one and Crusaders of the Lost Mark are still there. I credit them with getting me to check out the actual episodes. 

Also the part about Twilight not having wings is funny in hindsight. I need a fic where she tries to help the Pegasus ponies the winter wrap up after her change and it doesn’t go as hoped.

Edited by Gale Wind

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The song is quite catchy. I love the concept, but its a bit confusing why they spent all that time arguing before when they had such simple solutions for their problems? But it makes a great plot though. The ponies are more in tune with nature than I remember. Having to manually manipulate. the weather, migrate the birds, build nests for the birds, etc. 

• 4 months later...

This is by far my favorite episode of season one, and the one that made me fall in love with this show. :wub: The song is so good and Rainbow Dash's voice when she sings "We move the cloud and we melt the white snow" stuck with me so hard she shot up to the top of my favorite pony. :mlp_pinkie: I have a very sensitive heard when it comes to music, and her voice spoke right to my soul. :-D

9.5/10, best episode of S1

Edited by Hadrien

• 4 weeks later...

*Episode Starts*
*Few mins Later, Winter Wrap Up song starts*
*Me having a god damn earworm now*

I curse this Episode to be one of my Most favorite so Far.

9/10 :3