Did you like it?  

104 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

This is really warming up and very well done episode. Next, which can I add to my list of favorites. The song is really great, but what I liked the most is Twilight attitude, which I think is as important and instructive as the end moral. Her great desire to help and not giving up until there were still opportunities were exemplary. And above all, how adorable she looked in all of her attempts and efforts.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I definitely enjoyed this episode. First off, I enjoyed the humor and the lightheartedness that often accompanies spring. As for the story-line, wrapping up winter is the hardest challenge Twilight Sparkle faces, simply because she doesn't know where she fits in and she can't use the one thing she knows, magic. A good "welcome to Ponyville" episode for Twilight.

The most important point I can make, one that cannot be emphasized enough: Winter Wrap-Up is one hay of a catchy tune.

• 2 months later...

The episode that closed the deal. I remember during the time when I was watching all of season one on the first day I was a brony and my bro was trying to sleep. But when it got to this one he gave in to the ponies. I asked him what got him... it was the song he said. I feel this song has the power to turn people in to bronies or Pegasister.   

• 1 month later...

Not a top favourite episode of mine but I enjoy watching multiple times. I liked Twilight determination to not use any magic to help clean up winter even though magic would make it much easier. The song is definitely one of the catchiest from the show and was for a while, my favourite song.

One thing I didn't like about this episode was Spike being unnecessarily mean to Twilight. I especially hated the scene when he was hiding the fact that he was the one who kept telling her to use magic. I also found Applejack unnecessarily cruel to Twilight when she yelled at her for using magic when she was just trying to help.

This is the episode of Friendship Is Magic that made me a brony.

I remember hearing about MLP: FIM from someone on another forum, circa late 2010-early 2011. And I was intrigued enough by the description, the creator being from the classic Cartoon Network years (Lauren Faust) and the cute design of the characters to watch an episode.

-I remember the catchy, rock version of the MLP theme song. "Well, this isn't what I was expecting..." I thought.

-I remember giggling at Twilight Sparkle when she checked "Spike refusing to get up and going back to sleep" off her checklist.

-I remember that Twilight was voiced by Tara Strong, who was the perfect choice.

-I remember the "Winter Wrap Up" song. It has the same melody as the King Of The Hill theme and "Stand" by R.E.M. (has anyone else noticed that?), that was my first thought. But it was so well done I didn't mind it at all.

-I thought it was fascinating and cute how all the ponies worked together to accomplish a big task: i.e. preparing for spring. it's the same fascination you get from watching an ant farm.

-I remember feeling sad for Twilight when she rushed off in tears, and how much better I felt when she earned the job of operation director. She found her place!

-I remember watching the episode again...and also watching it with my college roommate at the time.

...so many memories. The show is already 3 1/2 years old. Goodness, time flies.

Thank you for this work of art. All of you.

Winter Wrap up is special to me.  It was a defining moment in my fandom.  I was already a fan and really enjoying the show, but that song just drove the idea that the creators really really really wanted to make something special and different.  The song is just good mostly, it's well written and clever from a musical perspective, but it is pretty generic, in a good way that works well, UNTIL we get to that bridge with Twilight soloing.  THAT moment, those notes, the emotion in the voice, the way that scene is choreographed,  it made it very clear that this was not just some song to set the mood, but a song that really makes you feel for Twilight, how was she going to help wrap up winter? Would she fit in?  Can they possibly do it in time?  It actually mattered at that moment.  We've all been in a situation like that.  Props MlP, Props.     

• Brohoof 4

• 4 weeks later...

Glad I'm not the only one who has got the song STUCK into their head! I mean, I listen to it all day, when I make my bed, while I eat breakfast, heck, even when I go to the school :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

The animation in this episode was just okay. The story was just okay. And the song was just okay. (Catchy and cute but not that good).

I did like the ending when Twilight became the organizer. That made me smile.

• 2 weeks later...

Whats funny is that winter is almost over and I just saw this episode. Brilliant Song I might add! I hope there are more songs just as good.

Now let ramsey Sitdown with his Sitar and play you another tasty salt lick here.

• 2 weeks later...

I think we all agree that the song was awesome but the sheer concept of the episode amazes me. They need to clean winter for spring to come? does that mean they can have winter forever? and do they need to do it for another seasons? they kind of did it to fall in the episode fall weather friends so can they choose how long do they want the seasons to last?

• Brohoof 2

I just watched this episode for the first time. Overall, it was very good, with the story of Twilight trying to find her place in a new town where everyone already seemed to know what to do and how to do it. The song, which I'm sure I will be humming every March for years to come now, was also perfectly executed, perfectly timed, and perfectly catchy.

But one thing bothered me, and that was how Applejack told off Twilight after the snow clearing fiasco. Granted, Applejack was probably mad as hay, and the tradition of not using magic for Winter Wrap Up stretched back longer than Ponyville had existed (as it was her family farm that became the start of the town) but to yell at Twilight for using magic when Applejack knew darn well that was what she did best and had accepted her magical help on the farm before (in Applebuck Season) just rubbed me the wrong way.

Guess I'll have to watch it a few more times. :D

(edited)

The song in this here episode can get stuck in my head so easily it's not even funny.  Also...

DwhQtmT.gif

Edited by Ellie

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I enjoyed this episode, but part of it kind of left a bad taste in my mouth.  I get that it's tradition to clean up winter the "earth pony way," but it seemed like everypony was being sort of mean and prejudiced by not letting Twi use her magic.  I mean, they had just established in Boast Busters that everypony was fine with her magic and they love her the way she is etc.  So...the hell?  What would have been the big deal if she used magic?  It just seemed a little anti-unicorn to me.  AJ even made Twilight cry for using the come-to-life spell on the tractor, and there was no apology for that.  That made me sad.  I would have preferred the episode to end with the ponies embracing Twi's abilities and wanting her to be herself and use her talents that make her special.  Her special talent being organization was a little souring for me.  It kind of reminded me of the early Bewitched episodes when Darren "forbade" Sam from using witchcraft to clean the friggin house.  He didn't really accept what she was; he wanted her to pretend she was mortal.  If I were Sam, I would have divorced that bigot's ass.  So, that's how Winter Wrap Up made me feel.  What's wrong with Twi's magic?  Embrace it!  EMBRACE IT YOU STUPID PONIES!

Yeah I get it, tradition and all that.  Bah!  Tradition shmadition I say!

But it's hard to stay mad at an episode with a song that good.  It's almost enough to melt the icy grip that usually envelopes my heart.