Did you like it?  

104 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

a very well done episode, i really like it.tells lots of things, feels pretty full (not an empty episode with just one plot/concept), twilight's relatable, the song is perfect with that videoclip/broadway feeling...everything's great.

it really worries me (and amazes me) how fragile is this world tho. the sun and the moon only move with some alicorns powers, the seasons (we seen fall too) only change with ponies work, the weather only with pegasis. im like wtf??? imagine if ponies didnt exist. equestria would be like mars. all desert, all animals and plants die, night (or day) forever. what an horrible world is equestria!

also if they move the sun they affect other worlds too omg

Edited by Tropico

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The song is so good. So good. 

The episode's good, too! It's still not overwhelmingly humorous, but it's a bit more gentle than the several episodes preceding it, and none of the ponies act like jerks. It's somewhat simple, so I have a hard time finding a lot to say about it, but I like the overall vibe.

I don't quite understand why tradition is so important, though; is there a particular reason why she can't use magic? When she loses control of the tractor, it seems to be because she doesn't quite understand how to use the spell properly, which seems weird for a character who we're supposed to believe is so studious and talented, and it also doesn't give us a good reason why magic is inherently bad. Is there some sort of communal aspect to the Wrap-Up? The show doesn't really express that.

But Twilight's whole deal of trying to help out while respecting the preferences of Ponyville's inhabitants is really charming, and for all the simplicity of that conflict, I think there's a real warmth to this story, and unlike other episodes which shoot for the same feeling, I think there's just enough creative humour to keep the episode afloat. It's cute, in other words, and it doesn't have any of the clumsier aspects of the prior episodes this season. 

Score: 

Entertainment: 8/10

Characters: 8/10

Themes: 8/10

Story: 8/10

Overall: 80/100

• 1 month later...

i love this episode! it's really interesting to learn that the ponies have different traditions. (i.e. the earth ponies don't use magic for winter warp-up) the song was amazing, and just see all the ponies do there different jobs was super cool! i'm happy twilight was able to help in the end with her ~powers of organization~ now she just needs to come and help me LOL

Edited by forest
  • Brohoof 3

• 1 month later...

Gotta love the birds nests looking all perfect. Imagine what those look like at the end of the season?

Twilight using magic could have worked if she could have slowed it down and stopped when needed  I’m guessing she was just nervous because she was breaking the rules.

That was a rather convenient solution. It makes the mayor look bad. Does she do anything?

The end reminded me of the end of the first Tinker Bell movie. I don’t know which came first. Probably MLP. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/21/2018 at 11:12 AM, Twilight Luna said:

Great episode and the song easily gets stuck in my head. My only question is why is it fall again two episodes later?

Their seasons go backwards? :lol:

I suspect the episodes got out of order.

7 minutes ago, Meushell said:

Their seasons go backwards? :lol:

I suspect the episodes got out of order.

I'm sure that was the reason as well. Its just funny that they released them like that.

• Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The best thing I can say about this episode is that the song is great. This was my first episode and the song was the only reason I kept watching. The rest of the episode was boring. Unlike other simple season 1 episodes, this episode doesn't have the humor and charm to back it up. This results in a dull episode.

Score: 5/10

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I just watched this as well as a bunch of other episodes in a row and when I resaw this one there was one thing I notticed spike said that seemed harmless back then but if he said it in season 7 or 8 it would be a big deal. When spike is sleeping he gets woken up and Says the first line.

Another very enjoyable episode. I loved the Winter Wrap Up song. Some favorite and notable moments:

• Twilight getting super excited to do outdoor chores :squee:
  • Spike pushing Twilight across the lake, knowing she can't ice skate. lol
  • Twilight being scared of snakes after awakening them. 
  • Applejack scolding Twilight for causing an avalanche. :(
  • The scene where Mayor Mare is trying to stop the ponies from arguing, due to lack of oversight and organization. It was this moment Twilight knew how she would fit in.

I really enjoyed Twilight Sparkle's determination to help the other ponies. Despite not being able to perform the tasks well, she found a way to help big time with her skills in organization, efficiency, and planning. This episode really helped shape Twilight's character as a leader.

• Brohoof 2

One of my favorite Season 1 episodes for sure. I do have sort of a nostalgia bias for it, with it being the last Season 1 episode I watched when I was watching the show's entire first season for the first time, but even ignoring that, I do honestly find it to be one of the better episodes from the first season. Not just for having the show's first awesome song, but also being the first episode after the pilot where Twilight Sparkle really shines and gets to prove herself makes it so iconic. It's also the first episode after the pilot that really gives Spike a chance in the spotlight, and even while it's clear that they're still finding their niche with him watching it today, he's still consistently amusing. I even marvel at how even after seven seasons, they kept that character trait of his unending desire to sleep all the way up to Molt Down. :mlp_nom:  

• 1 month later...

This one's cute. The song is great, but the rest of it is very basic. What helps the rest of the episode is some fun slapstick and a general charm. It's not exactly good, but it's pleasant enough.

Score: 6/10

• 1 month later...

I like this episode. The song gets very easily stuck in my head. I liked seeing all the different ponies doing their jobs, working together on a project, and Twilight finding her place in helping out around Ponyville. It's quite charming imo.

• 2 weeks later...

Winter Wrap-Up is kind of timeless in my opinion. Several years later and it's still a definitive episode of the series. I'll be humming the song when the snow finally melts here like I do every year. I also think that was one of my favorite examples of Twilight overcoming the struggles to fit in.

• 6 months later...