Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your thoughts on Fluttershy's fillyhood?

Xievie

How do you think it went?

I think she was born, of course shy. She must of course, also had trouble flying with peers watching. Now one thing that got me to think was that if she knew about the world below, she would have come sooner and never left. Perhaps she was forbidden from going to the lower lands as a filly? Or maybe she never went down due to lack of flying experience? Though, as a filly as she sang, she did fly around a bit, so she did know how to fly.

Any thoughts?

Yeah I think that she knew that there excisted a world down there, but she couldn't go there since she couldn't fly. I mean how likely is is that she lived in Cloudsdale all the time and never noticed there was a world below her..

We have only the tiniest of clues how Fluttershy's childhood was so everything else is pure speculation and prediction. All we know is she was always timid and cannot fly to her expected abilities.

She probably was always alone and teased and probably had overprotective parents or single parent or no parents.

• Brohoof 1

Ah, my least favorite of the mane 6.

Born in an abusive household centered around winged sports, wanted her to go to flight school so she could go be in the wonderbolts (her parents I'm talking about, a possibility) Also, without Rainbow Dash, those 2 sickos would've gotten a hold of her:

Posted Image

(edited)

Born in an abusive household centered around winged sports, wanted her to go to flight school so she could go be in the wonderbolts (her parents I'm talking about, a possibility) Also, without Rainbow Dash, those 2 sickos would've gotten a hold of her:

Posted Image

O.O That picture sends fear through my blood for some reason... Edited by Calirolls

O.O That picture sends fear through my blood for some reason...

Yes, that is why Rainbow Dash protected her, this could be something that would've happened in an alternative universe.

Posted Image

I love how that one pony's eating popcorn XD

When she discovered the wonders of the Earth, she sang "I would have come here sooner, and never leave!" so then she must have never returned to Cloudsdale..but what about her family? She must have been an orphan or ran away from home.

I would have to say she probably wasn't born extremely shy. Her shyness probably came out of being picked on all the time. She probably found it hard to trust anyone new.

When she discovered the wonders of the Earth, she sang "I would have come here sooner, and never leave!" so then she must have never returned to Cloudsdale..but what about her family? She must have been an orphan or ran away from home.

Exactly what the Fanfic "My Sister Fluttershy", the greatest fanfic ever, is about. I'm guessing she didn't have to strength to fly back. When she did, she forgot how to return to her family, and was too shy to ask for help.

Well all we really saw was that 15 second long clip in "Cutie Mark Chronicles," right? She was being bullied here so she was probably the target of bullying throughout her entire life. That is speculation however, we really never see much more of her fillyhood than that.

Exactly what the Fanfic "My Sister Fluttershy", the greatest fanfic ever, is about. I'm guessing she didn't have to strength to fly back. When she did, she forgot how to return to her family, and was too shy to ask for help.

I assume then her parents would go looking for her.

Posted Image

I'm surprised you haven't been eviscerated for saying Fluttershy is your least favorite. Anyway, I don't think she was in an abusive household. Every Pegasus probably had to go to flight school just so they could fly, reach the world below, and do their jobs. Kind of like going to primary school here.

I'm sure Fluttershy had a pleasant home life, but was bullied like crazy when she came out in public. I'm sure she at least wondered about what existed below the clouds, but had no way to go down there and see it for herself since she wasn't a very good flyer. So when she fell down there and saw what the ground had to offer, she decided to stay there, but not after first flying back up to Cloudsdale and telling her parents about her decision and getting some things to take to her new house(after she had built it that is).

I think that Fluttershy was kinda sheltered when growing up and when she was sent off to flight camp, she was bullied until Dashie saved her from the bullying. When Fluttershy fell down to the ground, I like to think that she stayed there for some time, maybe even being one of the first M6 to live in Ponyville.