Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming What is the scariest video game enemy you faced?

Groo

Thinking of general enemies, I would have to go with the Brute from Amnesia: The Dark Descent. Outside of the actual game and its spectacular atmosphere, it's a lot less scary, but when you're hiding from one in the Sewer or the Choir while in-game... man, I was shaken :3

It's even more chilling when you realise the back story. (highlight to read spoilers) Many of the diary entries in Castle Brenneburg describe victims of the Shadow, with descriptions of their deaths and injuries scarily similar to the Brute's figure - "limbs scattered, heads split down the middle, their skin flayed as if boiled". And seeing as the main object of Amnesia is to outwit the Shadow, the element of fear is cranked up, because it feels as if the Shadow is bringing in nightmarish, physically present monsters to hunt you down..

Here's a picture.

In-game_brute.JPG

Bosses... if it counts as a boss, then I'd pick Alexander of Brennenburg, again from Amnesia. More specifically, his phantom that you find in the study after you find out he's stashed the skulls of his murder victims in his desk drawer. In general, he's a very twisted villain, so to have his phantom take over his painting portrait in the study is extremely unnerving.

The painting goes from this:

img-1045621-1-OJgms.png

to this after you find out his grim secret:

img-1045621-2-2mxG8.png

Easily the scariest part of any video game I've played, ever. I think I elaborated on it in a previous thread about scary video game moments - there was a period of time after encountering this painting that I couldn't leave my room without picturing it and its demonic face on the other side of the door.

Edited by Flipturn
  • Brohoof 1

Doom 2 was a fun game.. But it wasn't really that scary. I didn't really mind the horror factor of the game. It was still prett-

doom-ii-john-romero.png

HOLAY JAYSUS

Edited by BLU Engie

Good question. There's quite a few. However, I'm going to go with something you probably wouldn't think of. Because it frightens me to this day.

duck-hunt-dog.jpg

• Brohoof 1

I actually haven't played that many scary games. So I'm gonna have to go with...

You guessed it...

Slenderman!

Yeah I know. Anyway, I still find him pretty scary in Slender. I need to play more games...

He is not really an enemy but the butler from Tomb raider 2 he would follow you around the property 

and you would hear his ice cubes and not know where he was. He used to scare the living day lights out of me and still does.

=.baddies137.jpg

By far I would have to say "missingno". Oh sure  you could copy 99 of whatever item was in the sixth slot of your bag...at the risk of your game being erased! But I guess that's just one of the risks of being a pokemon trainer.  R.I.P my favorite team.

If you ever played Earhbound you probably already know who I'm going to say.

Giygas from Earthbound scared the shit out of me. This boss truly terrified me as a kid. What was bad is that I also heard a rumor that if you say Giygas three times in the mirror that you will eventually see Giygas.

Edited by Phoenix237

I'm sure I've been scared shitless by a multitude of marauding monsters but I have to say the ones that terrified me the most were...

Bog standard ghosts from Luigi's Mansion!

There was an entire section where the power goes out and ghosts are literally EVERYWHERE, and as I was about 10 it scared the crap out of me. Suffice to say I haated that section, and I only just managed to complete the game last year thanks to that section driving me away. :lol:

also ReDeads from Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker also scare the crap out of me if I'm playing at night. You try to attack those things and *WHAM* the most bloodcurdling scream you've ever heard.

I don't really play horror type games

but these guys popping out nowhere nearly gives me a friggin' heart attack every time

http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/32400000/creeper-creeper-minecraft-32496496-180-266.jpg

And I almost hate going into neither off peaceful because of these things

http://stuffpoint.com/minecraft/image/2330-minecraft-minecraft-ghast.jpg

And this guy pretty scary if he jumps you at night and you use the mod Fellout

http://images.wikia.com/fallout/images/c/c1/Deathclaw_alpha_male_FNV.jpg

Edited by D1scordant

I don't really play horror type games

but these guys popping out nowhere nearly gives me a friggin' heart attack every time

http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/32400000/creeper-creeper-minecraft-32496496-180-266.jpg

And I almost hate going into neither off peaceful because of these things

http://stuffpoint.com/minecraft/image/2330-minecraft-minecraft-ghast.jpg

And this guy pretty scary if he jumps you at night and you use the mod Fellout

http://images.wikia.com/fallout/images/c/c1/Deathclaw_alpha_male_FNV.jpg

Silly deathclaws. I use Fellout too, but in my opinion, the night gets dark way too early. And yeah, Yao Guai's are surprisingly quiet too, even though they're superheavy and are charging full speed at you.

Oh shit... the flood definetely... they are freaking scary... watching helpless marines get mutated into monsters that try to eat you... oh god... I had so many nightmares of them.... but then I realized they were squids and I completely forgot. :D

This is scary. :o

tumblr_l8nkxgvaaO1qzi049.jpg

IM GONNA EAT YOU!!!!

Starcraft, Kerrigan The Queen of blades... When I first saw her I didn't go a night without having nightmares about her for about a month, Her voice those bucking skeletal wings scariest thing that ever happened to me, although, for the most part I'm over it now, she just looks bucking bad-flank.

I have multiple. This is from when I was a kid....don't judge me :blush:

Well, first off, these weren't really bosses....but these enemies from spyro SCARED me as a child. They just like shake and come at you.

256px-Killerplant.jpg

Then in Starfox adventures, this damn beats scared me.

Galdon.jpg

and

Andross.png

Sly Cooper, the Contessa just creeped me out....

The_Contessa.jpg

Banjo Tooie would be

1688667-bt_mingy_jongo.png

and

445819-lord_woo_fak_fak_super.jpg

The game Rayman...that stupid Mosquito...that ends up on your side

278px-Bzzit_3.png

Tho now the Mosquito is cute, but as a kid it freaked me out.

Those are pretty much the bosses that scared me AS A KID. I do not fear them now...though Andross from Starfox adventures still kind of creeps me out

Edited by Sugar Sprinkles

Worst enemy I've ever faced..........two answers: The Flood from Halo and The Fool and Wheel Of Fate from House of the Dead 3

The Flood just kept on coming. They would infect new bodies and just never stayed dead. Oh, and it gets worse. In Halo 3, you had to go through the INFECTED High Charity to find Cortana. There was biomass BUCKING EVERYWHERE.....and when you thought about it, you were walking on the mutated flesh of dead people. You literally saw dead people..........everywhere.

As for House of the Dead 3, the Fool never stopped moving, he became harder and harder to hit with every passing section. Thankfully, he does NOT, repeat NOT, compare to the Wheel Of Fate. Against him it was a case of "Mash the bucking trigger or get zapped to death". I would sweat to my bones every time I fought him.......he was practically invincible.

Mr. Gold and Mr. Silver from God Hand

For my real answer though, I'd have to give it to the Sorrow from MGS3

Fight always gives me the creeps

• Brohoof 1

I was *really* young when I played it and that's why it freaked me out so much I guess, but there was an Alien game for the Commodore 64 that was terrifying.  

The graphics were so simple and primitive, but if the alien caught you, a xenomorph filled the entire screen, flashing, making this terrible sound and it scared the bejeezus out of me!  The game was very good at building tension.  It was silent, letting you hear the scrape of ventilation grilles being moved and so on.  Ugh, so creepy for such an old lousy-looking game.

System Shock 2, more modern but still moldy to most of you, also creeped me out majorly.  

For the first encounter with an enemy in the game.

One of the things that scared me in a video game were the Giant rad scorpions from fallout new vegas. Let me explain why: i was just randomly walking around exploring the world of fallout new vegas (this was my first time playing it) and i was being attacked form behind and i turned around anf HOLY SHIT!!!! there it was trying to kill me while i try to kill it but it killed me instead. I Didnt play that game for like a month or so then i got use to them then i found my worst nightmare the QUEEN Radscorpion. When i saw here i had amnesia moment i yelled "NOPE" then  didnt play it for a while lol