Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming What is the scariest video game enemy you faced?

Groo

(edited)

HANDS DOWN ITS GYIGAS!!! The creepy music and the Boss battle (With Prky's Creepy face thrown into it) Earthbound was cute and fun, but the final boss showed us it wasn't all that cute! I...am...h...a...p...p...y..

And the most disturbing thing is what inspired him to be made.....I wont go into detail!!!

Edited by DerpyPie
  • Brohoof 1

Green Goblin from PS2 Spider-Man the Video Game. Especially, when you try to get away from him on his glider. Brings back scary memories, I might try to recreate the glider just in case I want to take over something.

(edited)

HANDS DOWN ITS GYIGAS!!! The creepy music and the Boss battle (With Prky's Creepy face thrown into it) Earthbound was cute and fun, but the final boss showed us it wasn't all that cute! I...am...h...a...p...p...y..

And the most disturbing thing is what inspired him to be made.....I wont go into detail!!!

Indeed, that boss is #1 on most lists, be it on horror game (boss) lists or even non-horror game lists. I haven't played the game, though I'd like to and see how I'd fare against... it.

But just by looking at a picture of it makes me shiver, especially when I see a particular detail.

If you don't like any spoilers or if you can't handle scary horror kind, don't click the button.

135725809012.jpg

That boss looks just so... disturbing.

Edited by Koori

Indeed, that boss is #1 on most lists, be it on horror game (boss) lists or even non-horror game lists. I haven't played the game, though I'd like to and see I'd fare against... it.

But just by looking at a picture of it makes me shiver, especially when I see a particular detail.

If you don't like any spoilers or if you can't handle scary horror kind, don't click the button.

135725809012.jpg

That boss looks just so... disturbing.

I've never played it either. I really REALLY want it. I'm trying not to get an Emulator for it but I can't STAND IT!!!

I'm surprised that not that many people brought this guy up. He's one of the reasons why I love the Super Nintendo!

(edited)

Of all the games I have played through the years, some horror, some adventure, so on and so on, only one character has made me want to turn off my consol/PC. I give you the most insane, unstable, and just plain disturbing character ever.

112881.jpg

Seriously Xenosaga, Y U hef to be so scurry?

Edited by Flying Space Badger

Don't get me wrong, Giygas is EASILY the worst in my mind. It's just... in a league of its own. So, I don't really count it when dealing with this type of thing.

So, the closest thing would have to be the Tosc from Unreal II: The Awakening.

BG info to explain: throughout the game, you repeatedly encounter the "Kai", a race of weakling aliens basically doomed to servitude and slavery due to their inability to fight back and pacifist nature. You come to realize they're not a threat.

Until you activate a relic from an old alien race.

WILD LASER BEAMS APPEARED!

tosc.jpg

Yeah. It goes from a human-sized wimp to THAT 9-FOOT TALL TANK OF A THING. Y'see that thing on its right arm? That is a black hole gun. That shoots black holes. Which instantly kill you.

It can also shoot lasers out of that eye thing on its torso, and impale you on its legs. Add in that the only way you can kill one of them is to literally blow its arm off and shoot its own appendage back at it, not to mention that blood-chilling scream it shrieks out when it first appears, and you have something that makes my heart race to this day.

I've already posted my scariest enemy, but here are my top five.

1) Baron Alexander [Amnesia: The Dark Descent]

Already stated why this guy is the most petrifying enemy ever. Back story and all. The only enemy that's successfully scared me into not leaving my room at night.

2) Brute [Amnesia: The Dark Descent]

Downright hideous, and paired with the tense atmosphere of Amnesia it's one truly frightening enemy.

3) Junk Spider [insanely Twisted Shadow Planet]

Scariest jump-scare, and still absolutely hideous. The first time it jumped from the roof while I was playing, I completely panicked.

4) Kaernk [Amnesia: The Dark Descent]

This monster's scary because you can't see it - you only know it's there because of the splashes it makes in the water. And the moment you set foot in the water in the game's context, it's after you. I could never stay in the water for more than two seconds out of fright.

5) Eye Syringe Machine [Dead Space 2]

Can I count this as an enemy? The thing gouges out your damned eyeball if you don't keep your eyes still for it to insert the needle. This thing is tense, and truly gruesome.

This......

img-268363-1-2lmt4aq.jpg

And this.....

img-268363-2-33ni9e0.jpg

They aren't as scary when you're not playing, but they are freakin' terrifying in the game for 1. They look like surgery gone wrong, and 2. You know that you can't kill them and all that'll happen is your ass being torn to shreads unsure.png

Even though i never played Amnesia i kinda find them creepy!

Here is a creepy picture from the custom Amnesia story: The small horse

Amnesia-pewiediepie.png

When i first saw this i was like FLUTTERSHY! :D and when i saw her demonic/monstrous version chasing you in the game I was like Fluttershy? what happened to you?  :(

• Brohoof 1

SCP 106. Or 096 that one's even worse. 173 is just a jump scare, so it's not really that bad, but the entire game is so suspenseful I can barely take it. Also if you haven't heard of it, SCP Containment Breach is a great free horror game.

(edited)

First, the figure is extremely grotesque and very terrifying. Second, the music is so disturbing. It gives you this sinking feeling in the pit of your stomach. And third, the dialogue is also disturbing. It was based on lines from a movie which Itoi, the creator, thought was a rape scene. Which actually turned out to be false, but I don't think he realized that at the time of creation. All combined together to give you a feeling of terror and panic as you try your best not to die. A truly scary boss.

Edited by Clover Heart

Psycho Mantis would have to be the scariest boss fight i've had. I remember playing MGS on the Playstationw when I was I think 8 or 9 years old and as soon as the fight began and the screen transitioned to HIDEO. I just turned the game off and freaked out to my brother. It took me 2 weeks to try it again and even still it gives me the creeps.

• 2 weeks later...

post-8595-0-07339400-1363561515.jpg

ya know I don't even know how this exists but it scared the hell out of me when i fell down into a hole with it  and it started dealing damage here it is I mean what would make this

keep in mind this rat is about 10 times the size your character

Edited by The Dark Soul

img-268379-1-New_Mad_Jack_Picture.png

Growing up playing donkey kong 64 i had to get my dad to beat this boss for me, im not sure why but he scared the hell out of me

YES! A MILLION TIMES YES! I think it was this freaky laugh that it had. I could handle any other boss but this one would be like "UURHURHURHURHURHUR!" and I would actually run away from my TV. 

A more current scare of mine is probablyyyyy...

any ghost from the Fatal Frame series. That game is super jumpy!

fatal-frame.jpg

Even though i never played Amnesia i kinda find them creepy!

Here is a creepy picture from the custom Amnesia story: The small horse

img-1241022-4-Amnesia-pewiediepie.png

When i first saw this i was like FLUTTERSHY! biggrin.png and when i saw her demonic/monstrous version chasing you in the game I was like Fluttershy? what happened to you?  sad.png

Does this sound familiar?

Anyways, all these posts, I didn't read, but if someone said slenderman... shame on you in advance.

Amnesia isn't scary like it used to be, the game "Survivers" (How it's spelled) is pretty freaky.

But out of everything I've played.

SCP-087b takes the cake.  Nothing will ever top that for me.

scp_087_b_guy_by_un_happyendings-d4yuwfg

0.jpg

The game is designed for jump scares with a terrifying ambiance.  I highly recommend if you are a horror kind of player and it's also FREE!

This little game here is the thing that up until now has scared me the most, not because it was only scary but it made me really of afraid of being alone for a month. It's called Paranormal and I dare you to play this game until you find every single haunting in the game.

This let's play is of an older version though, expect the newest one to be much more polished, more complete, with way more hauntings and overal MORE creepier.

Edited by Winterbass

Grabbed by the Ghoulies:

The Grim Reaper

Once this guy came out, I knew I was boned (no pun intended :P)

Plus, he didn't even chase you or anything, he just followed you really slowly, the map got all foggy, and once he touched you, you died. He doesn't even swing his scythce at you. No, he uses the scythe to play air guitar. Cocky bastard

180px-TheReaperGhoulies.jpg

I was only eight when I played Halo: Combat Evolved for the first time, and I swear, the Library left me horribly scarred. It was five years before I ever played another level with the Flood. Just effing terrifying.

ngbbs4a63950935c99.jpg

Edited by Flareon
  • Brohoof 1

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the numerous freakshows of Tomb Raider-The Angel Of Darkness. You wouldn't have believed the faces I made when I came across these fine bucked up fellows:

Undead Knights

236px-Tr6_traod_undead_knight.PNG

First time I met this poor chap, I was like "Umm, ok........". Thankfully he was slow so all I had to do was walk past him, making me go XD FAIL. However, this next fellow made me crap my pants

The Ghost of Brother Obscura (The Glowing Ghost Guy)

Brotherobscura.jpg

When I first met this guy, I nearly crapped my pants. His eerie breathing, creepy movement, and the inability to know how to kill him the very first time I played the game had me sweating from top to toe. (He was a ghost like, it made no sense to use guns against him!) When I managed to beat him, I was like "PHEW!! Take that you slimy, freaky bastard". Then later, along came this fellow

A Bio-Research Facility Mutant

378px-Tr6_traod_bioresearch_mutant.PNG

As expected in Bio-Research facilities, you'd be thinking "what the hell was going on in here?" Now, fighting this guy was about a quarter of the way to hell on earth and a regular old fight. For a moment, I thought "Oh look, it's Wolverine!" and after killing him "Oh, never mind. Wolverine is invincible (as far as I know) and you are not. Therefore, you are BABY!" Next thing, you knew, shit just got real when this next guy came along

Giant Mutated Fish

250px-Tr6_traod_mutant_fish.PNG

Can't be killed, had to avoid it at all costs. Now THAT was hell on Earth. I was like "OMG sweet holy Jesus f**k off". Things, however, could only get worse.

The Proto-Nephilim

250px-Proto_nephilim.jpg

This guy was hell in hell. A fairly easy opponent, but his appearance, mutation, speed and attacks were all to be feared. So far in the game, this was as far as I had got. So far I'm past the cutscene where Boaz was fed to the pod. If anyone can provide an assist from there, it would be more than welcome.

• 5 months later...

I searched for this, but I only found a thread about scariest bosses.

I'm pretty sure that when you were younger, you played a video game that scared you, perhaps an ennemy that you will remember all your life?

Here are mines:

Zelda Ocarina of Time: Dead Hands

a725c4f3cc4d81893d7b83b98b597942.png

Zelda Ocarina of Time: Wallmaster

Wallmaster_(Ocarina_of_Time).png

Well, this is just Zelda. When I was younger, I also feared the huge Mantis Ray in Mario Sunshine, along with this game, Monster House, which I haven't finished yet. There is literally chairs jumping in your face, trying to eat you, this game was really scary.

And of course I haven't played all the video games.

So what are yours?

• Brohoof 3

The redeads are the enemies that I was the most scared of as a kid. I bought Ocarina of Time from a used game store so there were files already on it. I couldn't beat the Deku Tree from scratch, so I tried the other file. I started up in Hyrule and saw those scary jerks. The way they moved and attacked you... just ugh...

Can't help but smile at this though. Easily the best part of Majora's mask :P

Edited by Celtore
  • Brohoof 1

300px-Piano.png

The piano from Super Mario 64. When I was a kid, that thing scared the ever living daylights out of me. I mean, it was a killer piano with razor sharp teeth that wanted to rip Mario to pieces. Also, when it would chase after you, it would sound like someone just hitting all the keys on it. Nightmare fuel as a kid. :blink:

• Brohoof 5

"For my little ones~"

Don't fuck with these things...

img-1846900-2-archvile.png

Hmmm....I can't think any other off the top of my head...OH wait a minute...

img-1846900-3-Resident%20Evil%201%20Rema

This guy too..

(Lol, I'm like the only one posting enemies from games that are actually supposed to be scary)

Edited by Dawn Rider