Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming What is the scariest video game enemy you faced?

Groo

One of the creepier enemies I've faced in a video game were the Flood in the Halo series. The first time I encountered them, the level was dead quiet, except for an ominous booming noise, and when they finally appear, there are lots and lots of them. They also liked to sneak up behind you and deliver a few hits, and then just stand there. For some reason, that was particularly unsettling. By the time I got back to fighting the Covenant, I was happy to see them. And promptly shoot them as well.

I've had to edit out a number of overly NSFW images from this thread. Please, if you have to post an image of an enemy from a game, try to find the one that doesn't have its neck slit and its intestines hanging out.

Definitely this cutie from Amnesia is scariest abomination I've ever seen. It can't even be killed as You don't have any weapon to protect Yourself. Also is faster than You and kills You with 1-2 strikes. Also even sound it makes creeps me out HARD, maybe even more than its looks... well, maybe a picture? Enjoy... oh, wait, it actually is NOT enjoyable at all ;_;

other_amnesia_monster_by_amnesiamonster2

• Brohoof 1

@ That dude seriously does not look healthy. 

From what I can recall the bosses from Diablo II, I played those when I was quite a bit younger, and they freaked me out a little bit. I'm sure there are a few bosses out there that freaked me out more I just can't remember them, uuuggghhh... 

@ That dude seriously does not look healthy. 

From what I can recall the bosses from Diablo II, I played those when I was quite a bit younger, and they freaked me out a little bit. I'm sure there are a few bosses out there that freaked me out more I just can't remember them, uuuggghhh... 

Look on head of that dude. Now look on this picture:

rose1.jpg

Pretty similiar, aren't they? Actually I remember reading that his head was supposed to look a bit like a rose. That game is scary, sometimes disgusting and very disturbing, causing something that was inspired by a flower to creep You out. :D

@ I played the trial version of the game, I only ever saw a zombie thing walking around the house. I never got far enough to encounter the rose faced dude. So basically the only thing I was afraid of was running out of oil, does that that count as an enemy? :/

@ I played the trial version of the game, I only ever saw a zombie thing walking around the house. I never got far enough to encounter the rose faced dude. So basically the only thing I was afraid of was running out of oil, does that that count as an enemy? :/

That guy is pretty creepy too, but I have doubts in him being inspired by anything different than sick imagination of whoever designed enemies in this game. 

Running out of oil is a bad thing as You start losing sanity when in darkness and if it drops to 0 then monsters nearby might detect You instantly (if there are any). And I recommend playing full version of Amnesia to embrace all the atmosphere from the game. Even if not scary for everyone (I am coward in games, really) then disturbing for sure it can be. 

(edited)

@ To be perfectly honest, I don't really like the induced heart attacks I get when playing those types of games. I could only play Amnesia, and any other horror game without jumping, if I just turned off my speakers... Which I may or may not have done when the creepy music on the Amnesia Demo started playing. 

Edited by Dovashy
  • Brohoof 1

The Headless Kamakazi from the Serious Sam series.

kamikaze-evolution.jpg

It's starts with a faint "ahhhhhhhhhh". Then suddenly you turn around, and there are 100's of them, screaming their heads off, ready to blow up in your face. Utterly horrifying.

I'm not trying to sound like a pansy, but this f*cker right here still makes me jump every time he comes out of nowhere.

scp_173_by_darkmanethewerewolf-d5qzwoy.p

This unholy abomination of what used to be a normal human being, known as the fast zombies in Half-Life. Their speed and the horrific noise they make puts them on my list of things that make me nope the fuck out faster than image searching obscure diseases.

24.jpg

Okay, so maybe I'm a softie, but this thing freaking terrifies me.

ReDead_Artwork_(Ocarina_of_Time).pngThat's a ReDead, and in case you didn't know, it's from Zelda games. I've only seen them in Ocarina of Time, but I've only completed two Zelda games anyway, so whatever. It's nowhere near as creepy as those things you have up there, but I'm not a fan of horror games or FPS games. They're in the Shadow Temple and graves, and I avoided those places just because of these things. If you want to know why they're so scary/haven't played any game with them in it, just google "ReDead" and you'll find out. 

I've got two. One makes me jump every time I play: The Licker in Resident Evil 2. That one scene in the interrogation room make me jump every time!!

The most recent was In Bioshock Infinite. There's a scene later in a the game were the game suddenly turns you around after flipping a switch, and standing there was a Boy of Silence. They're not scary- but the shock factor made me scream! Very glad no one was home to witness that.

The Guardian of Hell from DOOM 3. I mean.. just look at it!

55.jpg