Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming What is the scariest video game enemy you faced?

Groo

From non-horror video games:

- The Parasite Queen from Metroid Prime. She doesn't scare me now, but first time my 11-year old self met her was pretty scary.

- The Chozo Ghosts from Metroid Prime. "Go check out the Chozo Ruins" the Hint System said. "It will probably be fun" I said. At least obtaining the Ice Beam mad up for that experience.

- Dead Hand from The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. To the guy who tought that thing up; "Fuck you". Doesn't help that Bottom of the Well and Shadow Temple are already creepy in general.

- ReDeads from the Zelda series. I always hate fighting against those zombie-like freaks.

- The Flood from Halo. If I have a shotgun, then I'm fine. Otherwise, running intensifies.

From horror games:

- The mutants from Area 51. Those things were not fun to fight and encountering them usually ended up in a frantic search for health syringes (and ammo). That is, until I became a mutant myself!

- The raptors from 1916: Der Unbekannte Krieg. World War I and dinosaurs? No thanks!

- Altough I've never played Resident Evil 4, the Regeneradors creep me out.

- Same goes for Neptune in the remake of the orginal Resdient Evil.

- And the monster from Among The Sleep.

I've got a new addition, something I encountered not 5 minutes ago:

250px-Chaurus_Hunter.png

THIS fucker right here. The Chaurus Hunter from Skyrim. I had no idea of its existence because it's part of an addon pack I've never had before, so when one came bursting out of its chrysalis in an explosion of green slime right behind me, I'll admit, I screamed. Even when I saw one coming miles away, not having my Frost Atronach out to tank as it flew right at me spitting poison and shit the whole time, I was yelling and hollering the entire time I was putting arrows into it and begging to god my atronach would PLEASE JESUS TAKE AGGRO GET IT AWAY

• Brohoof 1

I thought Andross from Star Fox 64 was scary when I was a kid, also the final boss in Sonic Unleashed is kind of freaky looking. ^^;

Dr. Trager and Chris Walker from Outlast. Also the kaernk from Amnesia: The Dark Descent. Those are the scariest enemies from games that I've played. The scariest enemies in games that I've seen are The sculpture and Shy guy from scp containment breach. also Eddie Gluskin from Outllast: Whistleblower

(edited)

U-8, Uroboros Mkono and Aheri from RE5. Seeing the boss made me stop playing RE5 completely, even though I know that I'm inch away from finishing the game.

Also Reaper from PE: 3rd Birthday, It can blink, it has a scythe, and it can't be killed until the very last chapter.

Edited by Metagross

this guy makes Slenderman look like a joke he is from White Noise Online a Indie game for Xbox 360 he shares similar traits to Slenderman only he is a million times more terrifying 

1) he growls if near by you

2) the sound it makes if you see him shocks you more

3) he can grab you if your sanity or flashlight is low

4) depending on the map and how much sanity you have you will start hearing things that the others can't

5) if played on Nightmare mode he can spawn 6 feet in front of you

post-27623-0-06338100-1405924955.jpg

This may not exactly count as a true enemy, but a friend of mine on iRacing did a for-funsies race at Sebring International Raceway at night... in IndyCar vehicles with NO HEADLIGHTS. The only thing guiding us were tiny little lights that marked the track boundaries. Honestly was pretty crazy.

http://youtu.be/dj4o4Csbo7M

Yeah... no headlights at all... against 23 other racers... to me that was horrifying. We ended up doing another race at Twin Ring Motegi's oval in the night as well, and in NASCAR stock cars with no working headlights, the lack of track lighting at Motegi on the backstretch made for a terrifying experience racing people 3 abreast.

When I was in 3rd grade it was the Biolizard in Sonic Adventure 2. Not scared of it now but I do occasionally have trouble beating the first fight of it. 

Now it's this monster. It's the waterwraith from pikmin 2. That thing, that fugging thing. Can't kill it as it chases you ON STEAM ROLLERS for most of the cave and have you running for deal life dying of anxiety attacks of it just smashing it's way into your innocent pikmin

post-28120-0-10424200-1405930483.jpg

(edited)
  • Dead Hand - Ocarina of Time
  • SA-X - Metroid Fusion
  • Everything - Dark Soul (fear of them defeating me, not their designs), 
  • Redeads - Wind Waker
  • Characters with lethality - Fire Emblem (instant permant death of a character)
  • Mechons - Xenoblade Chronicles (They're easy enough to kill, but damn, they're freaky when they're "eating" people)
  • Zombies - Any semi serious zombie game.
  • Smokey Progg - Pikmin

Attached pics

dead+hand.jpg

Samus_by_KujaryaM-300x218.jpg

ReDead_Artwork_%28The_Wind_Waker%29.png

tumblr_inline_moju6o3GOu1qz4rgp.jpg

300px-Smoky_Progg%28PikminNPC%29.jpg

Mechons eating

Edited by Ami Mizuno
  • Brohoof 1

recently, this bitch. Nashandra from dark souls 2

She's not scary though

also new enemy I have found is those damn spiders in Dark Souls 2...even worse is that they have a back stab attack that has them jump on you and stab you multiple times....there is also the Rotten but he's more of like a ugly enemy/boss instead of scary

also: Pyramid Head

Giygas, he gave me god darned nightmares for months.

• Dead Hand - Ocarina of Time
  • SA-X - Metroid Fusion
  • Everything - Dark Soul (fear of them defeating me, not their designs), 
  • Redeads - Wind Waker
  • Characters with lethality - Fire Emblem (instant permant death of a character)
  • Mechons - Xenoblade Chronicles (They're easy enough to kill, but damn, they're freaky when they're "eating" people)
  • Zombies - Any semi serious zombie game.
  • Smokey Progg - Pikmin

Attached pics

img-2875259-1-dead%20hand.jpg

img-2875259-2-Samus_by_KujaryaM-300x218.

img-2875259-3-ReDead_Artwork_(The_Wind_W

img-2875259-4-tumblr_inline_moju6o3GOu1q

img-2875259-5-300px-Smoky_Progg(PikminNP

Mechons eating

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moRMa8qV42w

Oh yeah, the mechons at the beginning of Xenoblade are quite scary. But once you can slash em' up with yo' Monado - they ain't so terrifyin'!  B)

The most dangerous and scariest thing to ever face for me was my own imagination.

If the game has an atmosphere, you need NOTHING else to be scared to progress. Countless times have I ceased playing a game only to, after returning to it, discover that the sounds coming from behind the wall were just ambiance, not some kind of scary, terrifying monster trying to hunt me down and drive me insane.

Once you find a materialization of your fears, they are easier to handle. But it is the unknown which makes us go crazy.

ALTHOUGH.

There was one monster... one and only I ever refused to face (literally as well), even though I knew his mechanics inside-out.

HIM...

SCP-096_New.jpg

096-3.jpg

Sounds he makes while becoming enraged during xx seconds before starting to chase to murder you (it's impossible not to die once you enrage him without glitches):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vq84UtCUmX8

THE GIANT URSULA FROM KINGDOM HEARTS.

sg47z5.jpg

jhg37n.jpg

jkertd.jpg

I don't care how old you are, this massive witch is never not scary as hell.

Oh yeah, the mechons at the beginning of Xenoblade are quite scary. But once you can slash em' up with yo' Monado - they ain't so terrifyin'!  B)

Well it isn't the fact whether they're hard or not it is just I wouldn't want to be stuck in the same room as one. Their very concept scares me.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Sinistar from Sinistar.

What do you get when you mix Andrew Dice Clay, a Pog and pure undiluted evil? You get Sinistar, the only video game boss to ever lower my self-esteem.

Playing Sinistar was slightly more enjoyable than being waterboarded. The player first entered his arcade booth, or as I like to call it, the Chamber of Shame. After shooting meteors for a minute or so, you met the star himself, who greeted you with a cheerful "BEWARE, I LIVE!" With formalities dispensed, he quickly turned your life into shit.

Fighting Sinistar was like a therapy session with Dr. Phil--this chatty SOB knows you have problems and wasn't afraid to go for the jugular. Bullies beating you up at school? "RUN, RUN, RUN!" he'd bark. Marriage failing? "RUN, COWARD!" was his advice. Having an otherwise nice day? Once you heard his "RAAAWRGH!" you knew existence was nothing but pain.

Edited by DolosusDoleus
  • Brohoof 1