Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming What is the scariest video game enemy you faced?

Groo

Never mind Amnesia's grunts, all those Resident Evil and Half Life zombies, or the SA-X and Phazon Mother Brains. Forget the Pokemon Lavender Town and Zelda Majora's Mask creepy pastas...

Posted Image

http://www.mariowiki.com/Bubba

This freakin fish scared the crap out of me for years. I'm 16 now and still shudder when I play Mario 64.

Stupid thing always used to eat me. I'm pretty good at the game now though. (Like 1 life playthrough good.)

All of my ~this!

And this too:

Posted Image

Snacker the Shark

Imagine you're playing this awesome new generation platform game.

Oh neat, you just reached this level with vast water, as far as the eye can see (or the game console load); you're in an island and about 70% of it is water. Let's swim and see how far it goes...

The nopes gotten once you realized you couldn't touch the water or else you'd be eaten alive.

Well, you need to progress somehow, so you'll need to go back eventually... just avoid the water. Oh, but you needed to do precise jumps or else you'd slip and fall into the ocean, followed by death, as safe spots were far away.

Those gloomy and lava filled levels were childhood friendly, but not these. I don't understand why would they mess up those sunny beach levels to make them scary...

They ruined my childhood. :( lol

Seriously though, I'm not sure why but I have found some stuff from "E" rated games more disturbing than most of those that are supposed to be scary games.

This......

Posted Image

And this.....

Posted Image

They aren't as scary when you're not playing, but they are freakin' terrifying in the game for 1. They look like surgery gone wrong, and 2. You know that you can't kill them and all that'll happen is your ass being torn to shreads :unsure:

Same here, they are so freaking scary. They still scare me as hell everytime i encounter them when i play Amnesia. Even though i completed the game. :P

Pac-man's enemies. Holy crap they were scary when I played that game... At least I freaked out when they caught me.

Recently I havent really got scared of any enemies... But in Amnesia: TDD... I'm afraid of them appearing, even though I calm down when they've spawned, for then they can't surprise anymore. That is brilliant of a horror game IMO... Scares you more when the enemies aren't there than when they are.

I would have to say the entirety of Corpse Party for the psp, but if i have to pick a "Boss" it would have to be the first one, its jsut the "Ohcrapwhatdoido" mentality as it chases you around.Posted Image

When I was a kid, Redeads from Ocarina of Time freaked me out. Even if I was just watching a sibling play, I'd run out of the room if I saw a redead. They still freak me out, admittedly, but nowhere near as badly.

Now I'm scared by the enemies from Amnesia (any of them, they're all equally horrible), and the ultimate chimaera from Mother 3 (but to a lesser extent than the Amnesia enemies), because you can't fight any of them. You have to be helpless and run away, which is way scarier to me than any battle could ever be.

This:

Posted Image

I just can't stand on how it walks up to me in a creepy manner, and at occasions, it runs up to me and grabs me before I had the chance to escape its vice-like grip. Plus, I screamed half to death when it grabs me out of NOWHERE, either behind me or appears from the door. Even though I wouldn't have the Juggernog with me, it still scares me, nevertheless. :unsure:

• Brohoof 1

Chozo ghosts from Metroid Prime. It's not just the scream that you completely forget about after not being in the ruins for a while to get plasma beams and whatnot, but that you can't see them half the time and all your new fancy beams do nothing to them.

• Brohoof 3

The Lunatics from Batman: Arkham Asylum always made me jump. They weren't as scary as they were annoying, but they still suprised me. As for pure terror, I would have to say the Amnesia Brutes.

The flood from Halo 3...they freaked me out with their form shifting and talking...but then i found a shotgun and all was well...then the ammo ran low...

Been a while since I've faced a scary enemy.

Posted Image

I guess this thing would be the closest. If not, this little guy made me AVOID the game for about a month after I first saw him.

Posted Image

The Regenerators/Iron Maidens from Resident Evil 4 are just the worst... the way they breathe, how they walk(and the way they can lunge forward to get to you faster in Professional Mode), how they attack, the fact it takes utmost precision with an infared scope to kill them... man I just really hate those things. :(

• Brohoof 2

This......

Posted Image

And this.....

Posted Image

They aren't as scary when you're not playing, but they are freakin' terrifying in the game for 1. They look like surgery gone wrong, and 2. You know that you can't kill them and all that'll happen is your ass being torn to shreads :unsure:

I was going to say this as well, The Bro has got to be the scariest thing in a game I have played against. I mean how can you not be scared against something you can't hurt or kill and seems to always know where you are?

post-2915-0-84169600-1340856206_thumb.png

Yuck.

I love Conker. :3

This May sound weird... But I'm scared of the dog from Paperboy. -.-'

Posted Image Paperboy: Hey, Look! It's a dog! 8D

Posted Image Paperboy: CRAP.

The Slender man. This game made my blood run cold. And when I turned around to see him standing behind me, accompanied by a loud siren and static, I simultaneously broke my chair and split my wood desk.

post-6198-0-38300700-1342045336.jpg

• Brohoof 2