Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming What is the scariest video game enemy you faced?

Groo

The Slender man. This game made my blood run cold. And when I turned around to see him standing behind me, accompanied by a loud siren and static, I simultaneously broke my chair and split my wood desk.

post-6198-0-38300700-1342045336.jpg

Oh, lord. I just played that game. Very nerve-racking and the music doesn't exactly ease your mood.

Here, have a bit of light humor.

Posted Image

• Brohoof 2

My top three'd have to be:

3. Doctor Salvadore (Resident Evil 4) The fact that you'd hear his chainsaw LONG before you could see him always put me on edge.

2. The Iron Maidens (also Resident Evil 4) Their reach, combined with the fact that touching them is fatal gives you a feeling of no escape.

1. The Kaernk (Amnesia: The Dark Descent) I know you can't see them, but that only adds to the scare factor. Since they're invisible, it makes you feel like no water is really safe.

i cant remember his name but the monster in the first clock tower game who does nothing but chase you with giant sissors, kills the your best friend and leaver her body part around a mantion and you only option is to run.

next to that tho Pyramid head

(edited)

In Halo: CE, the Flood were absolutely terrifying!!! They remained very scary (at least for me) through Halo 2; by Halo 3, I was getting used to them, but still, for me they remain a terrifying enemy, especially for those first two games in the Halo series.

Posted Image

But for me, probably the most terrifying foe I've ever faced in a video game are... Splicers in Bioshock. Especially certain Spider Splicers that you encounter in Fort Frolic... anypony who's played Bioshock knows exactly what I'm talking about!!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Batbrony
  • Brohoof 1

These. Seriously, Redeads made me so scared as a kid to even go through the Market Place in Ocarina of Time...

http-~~-//youtu.be/vU21AG8HWhk

Same, I was so young when I started Ocarina, the horror of those things were burned into my mind for years. I nearly quit when I entered the marketplace after pulling the Master Sword.

(edited)

Posted Image

Skagdeads from Resident Evil: Revelations.

They really aren't that scary in appearance, but the first time I encountered one, I was terrified. I had heard the Comms Officer in the room nervously repeating "Mayday...", and with the voice effects, I could tell he was a zombie. I just didn't imagine him looking like THAT. When I shot the lock off of the door and burst out, I was just like, "OH SH*T! WHAT THE F*CK IS THAT THING?!"

Edited by HylianMadness

It's a close tie between the Grunt in Amnesia and the monster in Penumbra: Black Plague.

But I would probably choose the Grunt. I was more scared when I played Amnesia then I was playing Black Plague.

I wouldn't consider this scary, but it could be if it was taken seriously... The Reapers in Mass Effect, or more specifically the Reapers that tower over you blaring that low bass horn in ME3. Think about the alien walkers in the Tom Cruise War of the Worlds, it's like that.

Scariest childhood game: Disneys Haunted mansion, the childrens room horrified me.

Today, Amnesia the dark decent and Slender are my favorite games that make me $#!+ Myself