Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming What is the scariest video game enemy you faced?

Groo

These. Seriously, Redeads made me so scared as a kid to even go through the Market Place in Ocarina of Time...

http-~~-//youtu.be/vU21AG8HWhk

I ca- I mean I lol'd. Redead moaning?

why would anyone make that video? :lol:

• Brohoof 1

Pretty much every enemy I've encountered in borderlands.

Especially the zombies....Franken bill to be exact.

Posted Image

And The destroyer....

Posted Image

And this...Not going to mention why....

Posted Image

For me, this will sounds strange....but mine would be the space pirates from Metroid Prime. Just the bloodcurdling scream is enough, but they come out of nowhere, no warning what-so-ever, then get RIGHT in your face. Their erratic movement was just plain bone-chilling, and the fact that they could be anywhere kept me from finishing the game for five years of my life. Somepony here understands what i mean about that, right?

Same, I was so young when I started Ocarina, the horror of those things were burned into my mind for years. I nearly quit when I entered the marketplace after pulling the Master Sword.

I was very grateful for the sun's song. Skulltulas scared me way more than Redeads. But I am arachnophobic.

The Kaernk from Amnesia *shivers* I can't stand that- that THING. The worst part is that you can't see it, only where it's stepping.

Posted Image

I also really hate the dogs from Penumbra T^T

Gotta agree with that amnesia thing... I really panic every single time I play through the part with those things... Didn't know they actually had a name, though...

So you think Amnesia is scary? Try almost any Donkey Kong 64 boss.

Maybe the giant spider who lurks on the ceiling until she just happens to drop down and scare the living hell out of you. Or the crazy demented Jack-in-a-Box who tries to crush you, kill you with giant exploding fireballs, and shoots you with lasers after turning invisible leaving only the smallest trace of his path on a huge battlefield of towering pillars. There is also a giant fusion of dominoes, dice, and building blocks that tries to beat you to death. And there is always the giant K.Rool cutout that flew around a castle screaming and turning invisible while you shot each of your Kongs to their untimely demise trying to kill it. Don't forget the giant puffer fish you fight with nothing but a tiny rowboat and a spotlight. But wait! There is still a giant dragonfly that seems easy the first time you kill it, but when it comes back, it is ten times bigger and stronger and you must fight it while your platform is sinking into a sea of lava. Go on and say Amnesia is scarier, but this game is the real horror.

(edited)

Maybe it's because I've skimmed this entire thread and may have skipped it over, but I am super surprised that with all the redead mentions that nobody has mentioned Majora. Majora always made me shiver when I was younger because of how insane it was and the fact that the game gave you a ticking time clock before everything was wiped out period really scared me a bit back then. Now I play the game, and while I'm not particularly scared of it in game (albeit it's quite depressing in game), when I take the time to analyze the character outside of the game world, its actions are actually quite horrifying. The end of the world is soon, and there's nothing that the people of Termina can do about it. Sure, the soldiers keep trying to reassure the town's people that they will be safe if they evacuate the area, but most of them are already aware that there is basically no hope at all. Majora also made this moon thing come out of basically nowhere with no prior warning. It has no feelings for the lives it's destroying, it has no relations with the people, it doesn't give a crap that it will be destroying all the hard work that was put into the town, hell besides the fact that it's a bit of a prankster it might not have any personality at all. All it wants to see is people in torment, and choosing the carnival for doomsday was a pretty good plan.

Majora, both personality wise and noun wise, is a monster. Even though that it is probably beyond rare, it makes me kind of sick that exist who have similar personalities.

-EDIT-
Welp I derped big time, I missed that one post in here with the single word "majora" in it. I'm dumb

Edited by Lord Bababa
  • Brohoof 1

Majora wasn't that scary to me because it talked to Link. Enemies that speak to you don't seem as frightening as ones that don't. Like Wesker. He's not as scary as Dr. Salvador.

• 2 months later...

The spider from ray man 2:The great escape (The canopy)gave me the creeps. I just ran from it the entire time, hoping it wasn't going to catch me and do some kinda of dramatic spider death.

Back when I was little, it was the redeads from Zelda: Wind Waker and I think they still are. Their screams were absoulutly TERRIFYING. I had to have always kill them with bombs because I didn't want to be ANYWHERE near them.

I'm not as scared of them now as I used to be, bit they still give me chills, and i even found myself still throwing some bombs at them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPMRPyZfftA

Jesus how horrifying.

Edited by RippedOffMattress
  • Brohoof 2

• 4 weeks later...

it was in super smash bros melee. theres this 1 level that is the legend of zelda styled, and there are these really creepy zombie things called redeads that are super creepy and they try to get you. its not really a enemy you have to face, its just one of the scary obstacles in that level.

Back when I was little, it was the redeads from Zelda: Wind Waker and I think they still are. Their screams were absoulutly TERRIFYING. I had to have always kill them with bombs because I didn't want to be ANYWHERE near them.

I'm not as scared of them now as I used to be, bit they still give me chills, and i even found myself still throwing some bombs at them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPMRPyZfftA

Jesus how horrifying.

wow i cant blame you for being scared of those, i think the way they look looks terrifying, but the screams seem really creepy, too Edited by golden felix

Yeah, it was pretty scary, but then I grow up and better and made this video

And I was never scared again (I SWEAR I DIDN'T USE CHEATCODES)

LOL, that is funny, SA-X was pretty intense, but hands down I would have to say the creatures that creeped me out the most, especially in the beginning are the necromorphs in dead space. They aren't so bad when you have a gun, but those things creep me the heck out with their blade arms, and large mouths. The other creatures in the games are pretty creepy as well.

While Giygas was the most traumatizing, I would have to say SCP-173 was the scariest enemy i've ever faced. Seriously, you never know when or where this guy is going to appear and when he does, the only way to stop him is by staring at him. Staring at him knowing full well that you're just delaying the inevitable.

"don't turn your back, don't look away and don't blink!"

Edited by Celtore