Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why doesn't Applejack get any love?

Jesse20

She's doesn't have anything flashy about her that catches your attention. Some of that is because of how she's portrayed in the show. She's a solid character who's always there and is like an anchor for her friends, but she hasn't done anything to stand out. Who would you notice more, a diva who can do amazing work or be a total drama queen, or a humble, down-to-earth worker who just comes in, does their job, and leaves.

• Brohoof 16

She's doesn't have anything flashy about her that catches your attention. Some of that is because of how she's portrayed in the show. She's a solid character who's always there and is like an anchor for her friends, but she hasn't done anything to stand out. Who would you notice more, a diva who can do amazing work or be a total drama queen, or a humble, down-to-earth worker who just comes in, does their job, and leaves.

i mean still that doesent mean that she cant be with anyone
  • Brohoof 1

It's probaly easier to write about the other characters, because they have interesting personalities. Not to say Applejack is dull, but she portrays a responsible character, and people don't really have anything creative to write about Applejack. Plus, Applejack isn't the most favoured character to some people. The other characters that are powerhouses on the show in popularity are Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy. However, when season 3 starts, it might change peoples opinions about Applejack if she gets like a cool gimmick in the show. Like Applejack's lie face. I love Applejack though, and I hope there's more attention payed to her eventually because she's a great character.

post-1668-0-93069600-1340990877_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 12

Its the freckles. Definitely the freckles.

Nah, I would say because she has yet to join the other five in equal amounts of episodes based on her and, as such, she has yet to gather the fans that the others have. I s'pose the reason I don't like her is because she seems just too good. The others all have large flaws, boasting, perfectionist, downright crazy X2 and Flutter-rage but Applejack's only real flaw that I have seen so far is her stubbornness and her inability to let others down (hence why she fled from Ponyville to gain money to fix the roof).

All in all, I'd say because she has had the least amount of episodes based on her and therefore has yet to acquire the minds of the fans with thoughts of an orange earth pony with a kickflank Stetson.

• Brohoof 1

It's probaly easier to write about the other characters, because they have interesting personalities. Not to say Applejack is dull, but she portrays a responsible character, and people don't really have anything creative to write about Applejack. Plus, Applejack isn't the most favoured character to some people. The other characters that are powerhouses on the show in popularity are Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy. However, when season 3 starts, it might change peoples opinions about Applejack if she gets like a cool gimmick in the show. Like Applejack's lie face. I love Applejack though, and I hope there's more attention payed to her eventually because she's a great character.

post-1668-0-93069600-1340990877_thumb.jpg

I love her too, she's my favorite pony with Twilight. And to be honest I wonder what is that special about Fluttershy and partly also about Rainbow. Dash was my favorite at the beginning, but now she isn't amongst my favorites anymore and Season 2 didn't help her character at all
  • Brohoof 3

Yeah, unfortuneately it doesn't seem as though AJ is the most popular of ponies with writers. Her background is not very fleshed out. The biggest thing we know is that she went to Manehatten as a filly and then went back to the farm like a few days later it seemed. I recently read the fanfic Scorched. It was a well written 2nd person narrative with some AJ romance. It was short, sweet, and quite endearing. Look it up if you're looking for some AJ love.

• Brohoof 4

Yeah, unfortuneately it doesn't seem as though AJ is the most popular of ponies with writers. Her background is not very fleshed out. The biggest thing we know is that she went to Manehatten as a filly and then went back to the farm like a few days later it seemed. I recently read the fanfic Scorched. It was a well written 2nd person narrative with some AJ romance. It was short, sweet, and quite endearing. Look it up if you're looking for some AJ love.

I was about to mention Scorched, but you beat me to it lol

Scorched was great. One of my favorite fanfics. It even inspired me to write a song about it :lol:

Applejack definitely needs more attention though. With fanfics, and within the show. She's a great character. I'm really hoping she gets some episodes in season 3 :)

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I was about to mention Scorched, but you beat me to it lol

Scorched was great. One of my favorite fanfics. It even inspired me to write a song about it :lol:

Applejack definitely needs more attention though. With fanfics, and within the show. She's a great character. I'm really hoping she gets some episodes in season 3 :)

Hehe, great minds think alike, eh? And that Memories music is yours!!!??? I LOVE that music. Makes me tear up with the music combined with a crying AJ picture...brb going to youtube to have heart wrenched.

Yes, I'm hoping the writers are aware of AJ's status among the viewers and are working on something for her. Like, she should save all Equestria from Discord single-hoofedly, just because she's awesome...while singing her own song.

Edited by ZStrike37
  • Brohoof 1

Hehe, great minds think alike, eh? And that Memories music is yours!!!??? I LOVE that music. Makes me tear up with the music combined with a crying AJ picture...brb going to youtube to have heart wrenched.

Yes, I'm hoping the writers are aware of AJ's status among the viewers and are working on something for her. Like, she should save all Equestria from Discord single-hoofedly, just because she's awesome...while singing her own song.

Yep, that's the song! I'm glad you like it :)

Agreed. The writers seem to pay attention to the community, so i'm sure they noticed that we all want more Applejack.

Yes! That would be epic! Especially the part about her finally having her own song :D

She's just a filler character if you ask me. She has about as much personality as the official Vinyl Scratch.

*headbob*headbob*

Wow, that opinion makes no sense to me; do hope you're joking? xD

Applejack is friendly, loving with her family, wise on things she's experienced with such as siblings relationships, as she taught Rarity what it means to be a sister, and though she can be stubborn and find accepting help from her friends hard, she does her best to live up to the expectations of those who believe in her, and will accept help when she absolutely needs to. She's dependable, ironically loyal like RD's element, and is altogether, a very mature role-model whom is down to Earth, among many, many other things.

Anyway, basically what Fizzle said earlier. Applejack is down to earth, mature, and in my opinion, also has the least stand-outish of all the personality errors. Stubbornness is, like most of AJ's good traits, not very flashy. Unlike every single one of the other ponies, AJ doesn't usually do sudden spontaneous things. Her personality doesn't suddenly switch into psycho mode like Pinkie, she doesn't have outbursts of emotion like Fluttershy, she isn't OCD psycho like Twilight, and she isn't dramatic like Rarity nor RD when she get's freaked out. The worst she does is become a stubborn as a rock, like we've seen in The Last Roundup, and that isn't flashy.

I love her though, because she's a great role-model, a fabulous sister, and a really cool pony in general. I wish she'd get more attention. We need some more AJ-centered episodes in S3.

• Brohoof 12

Wow, that opinion makes no sense to me; do hope you're joking? xD

Applejack is friendly, loving with her family, wise on things she's experienced with such as siblings relationships, as she taught Rarity what it means to be a sister, and though she can be stubborn and find accepting help from her friends hard, she does her best to live up to the expectations of those who believe in her, and will accept help when she absolutely needs to. She's dependable, ironically loyal like RD's element, and is altogether, a very mature role-model whom is down to Earth, among many, many other things.

Anyway, basically what Fizzle said earlier. Applejack is down to earth, mature, and in my opinion, also has the least stand-outish of all the personality errors. Stubbornness is, like most of AJ's good traits, not very flashy. Unlike every single one of the other ponies, AJ doesn't usually do sudden spontaneous things. Her personality doesn't suddenly switch into psycho mode like Pinkie, she doesn't have outbursts of emotion like Fluttershy, she isn't OCD psycho like Twilight, and she isn't dramatic like Rarity nor RD when she get's freaked out. The worst she does is become a stubborn as a rock, like we've seen in The Last Roundup, and that isn't flashy.

I love her though, because she's a great role-model, a fabulous sister, and a really cool pony in general. I wish she'd get more attention. We need some more AJ-centered episodes in S3.

A lot of other ponies are like her. She's normal.

Normal=EVERYONE else. Sorry for the caps.

A lot of other ponies are like her. She's normal.

Normal=EVERYONE else. Sorry for the caps.

Don't find that to be particularly true, but to each his own ^^

• Brohoof 5

(edited)

She needs something that makes her more interesting, something that makes her stand out from the rest. Right now she's too normal, too plain, almost as bland as a background character. All the other ponies have special quirks, flaws, and traits that make them more colorful and stand out, where as poor ol AJ just doesn't have any of that. She's hardworking, honest, stubborn, and down to earth, that's Applejack in a nutshell. She's virtually flawless and pretty flat, with very little depth and complexity.

This is not to say she's a bad character, she's very likeable, she's just very flat, but that could be do to the fact that only a few episodes center around her, so we don't get to see whatever depth and complexity she may have. We definitely need more Applejack centric episodes to resolve this.

Edited by Pegasus25
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

To sum up the majority of the posts here... she may not get much love, but she gets a lot more respect than most other ponies? That's what I gather, both from the show and this thread.

Edited by Feather Spiral
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I didnt like reading most of the comments, cause lots of them think shes a bland character.

I LIKE that shes relatable and more like real people. Also, shes super sweet and not just a normal, common character like everybody thinks she is.

I mean, just because Fluttershys shy dosent make her any better then AJ. And even though I like Rainbow Dash, I like that AJ dosent go that far but is still tomboyish. RD is just too "Im better then you".

I also love her voice.

UGH! I hate how so many people dont like her! People keep calling her a "filler pony" :(

I dont know why, just something makes me like her more then the others (besides pinkie, I cant decide) Shes such a sweet, good big sister, hard working, adorable pony!!

Also, even though most people dont think so, I think shes funny. :D Especially when shes going a little crazy from work, that off voice makes me laugh!

I LOVE APPLEJACK!

Edited by pinkie
  • Brohoof 7

I think it's so odd that AppleJack isn't a top favorite :blink: She's always been top two for me (tie between her and Rarity), and I guess in my naivety I'd always assumed she was highly favored. She has a lot of common with RD (who is clearly a favorite among bronies) as she's higly athletic, very competitie, and can think a little bit too much of herself before having to remind herself to be modest. Plus she's got the added bonus of being family oriented, which is undeniably awesome. Oh, and she kicks major butt without the aid of magic or wings, which I think also adds to her major cool points. But I guess her "normalness" among the bronies just goes to show that a lot of guys really don't go for the girl-next-door types. Shame.

• Brohoof 3

I think it's because of her personality. There isn't anything about her that stands out, which I hope in Season 3, we get. I would love to see some more love for Applejack, there are very few people who are fans of her.

• Brohoof 3

Applejack is the cutest, smartest, and all around best background pony.

Hopefully she will get some more screen time. I thought The Last Roundup was good, but she was kind of overshadowed in that episode, so...

• Brohoof 2