Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why doesn't Applejack get any love?

Jesse20

Applejack is absolutely amazing, I love all the mane six but she's probably my second favorite. (Twilight will always be best pone)

Best Applejack ships are AppleSpike and Rarijack. I don't like AppleDash, I just don't see it.

93739__safe_applejack_spike_text_headcan

tumblr_njtcbySPCH1tlqckyo1_500.png

• Brohoof 1

I like Applejack as a character (as I enjoy all of the Mane 6 as a characters) but she doesn't really have a lot of character development or an actual character arch.

She also is really strongly connected to her family and pretty much an Applejack episode becomes and Apple Family episode.

Doesn't really give her a lot of time in the spotlight.

I absolutely adore Applejack and I try to understand what people are saying when they say she's a "boring" character and a "normal" pony like any other, but I cannot understand it. There are so many good things about her character, she's NOT boring, she's not normal like any other, she's strong, independent, she's basically the hard rock that holds the whole mane 6 together. She doesn't develop that much through the series because she's already developed as it is, she's solid and her worst trauma has probably already passed, she lost her parents when she was young. Trust me, that gets you through A LOT of emotional struggles and it makes you appreciate more in life, it makes you develop quicker than any other person with their whole family safe would do. She's been taking care of her lil sister and her granny, together with her brother, basically her whole life(as it would seem). Only that brings out a lot in you, that's for sure.

Her development was way before any of the other Mane 6 has, they have their pretty odd and overworked mental struggles, it's going overboard at times, in my opinion. Applejack is solid, she's safe, she's mature, she's loyal, she's considerate, she's helpful, she's a great friend, bubbly, determined, sister and mental support for everyone around her. She's a GREAT pony, so I just can't see why so many people complain. To me, she's a security for everyone, myself included. I get happy and get this safe feeling watching her on screen, she's absolutely amazing. One of my two favorite ponies in general. I love her. <3 I really have been trying to understand when people tell me she's "normal and boring", but I just don't see it in her. I see a deep personality, a great character and an amazing friend in her.

E6QicplYUUQ.jpg

• Brohoof 1

Twilight has the Princess of Friendship thing. Rainbow Dash has the Wonderbolts. Rarity with her business. Pinkie Pie moving into Applejack's family. Fluttershy improving over her shyness.

Applejack is very content with her current lifestyle. We don't even see the rodeo part of her in action except for some minor training and talking. The writers don't seem to want to edge her to far in any direction. Sometimes she's bothered by things she doesn't agree with.

Edited by Singe
  • Brohoof 1

• 4 months later...
  • 5 years later...

Hmmm, I don't know. I guess maybe because she was the least developed of the Main 6 and the writers didn't give her much material to work with.

Which is a shame because I love Applejack as a character.

• Brohoof 1

AppleJack is my third favorite pony so I don’t see why she’s so under appreciated. She’s a hard worker, has strong family values, a cute country accent, and she’s a lot more level-headed than all her friends.

• Brohoof 1

On 2022-01-05 at 7:54 PM, ExplosionMare said:

AppleJack is my third favorite pony

Me, too! :mlp_yeehaa:

I think Applejack deserves more love for being loyal, hardworking and most importantly for having my favorite singing voice in the entire Mane 6. :mlp_smug:

• Brohoof 1

Funny, considering the parody in Fame and Misfortune where she was getting all the love. :mlp_icwudt:

Wonder if anyone else remembers that phase where everyone was tired of Applejack being underrated and sending love her way. 

I think she deserves all the love too. She's very valuable member of the Mane Six and awesome Pony.

I know she has very loyal fans who love her and yes there are also some people don't like her, but Ive seen this also for the other Ponies.