Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

technology Do you prefer downloaded/online music or CDs?

Jack Durango

To me, nothing compares to listening to my music on the stereo

Posted Image

If it's a band I love, I'll buy the album rather than download the music or listen to it on YouTube. I just think it's an overall more enjoyable experience listening to it on a CD (or, at least, on a stereo system).

Do you prefer the quality of CDs, or the convenience of online availability?

• Brohoof 3

I like CD's much better than digital downloads. I think they sound better, look cooler (considering downloads have no physical form), and I just like having something tangible. However, as you can probably guess from my username, I like vinyl records the best. I think they sound even better than CD's and it's cool to watch them do their magic of converting vibrations back to sound.

You do know that digital downloads can be bought too, right ? E.g. here: http://www.dance-tun...om/#home/search http://www.hardstyle.com/ and so on.

But I mostly prefer them digital, because I kinda need them digital for VDJ, video editing 'n stuff like that.

I like to have CDs too. But I'm only getting them when they're worth buying. I mostly listen to albums 'n stuff on Spotify :)

• Brohoof 1

CDs get lost. CDs get scratched. CDs need a CD player to play. CD players are hardly portable.

Digital Downloads are backed up in the cloud. Digital Downloads can be loss less quality. Digital Downloads can play on my small ipod nano. Ipod nanos fit in my pocket.

Recap: CDs drool Digital Downloads rule.

Like OP said though, if I like the band I'll buy their album/songs from them.

I like to support the people who I buy music from. I agree that listening to music on stereos is much better than from my computer's speakers or headphones.

The most I will do is if a band or singer interests me I'll look up one song on youtube and determine if I want their music or not. Or if I want to get others into a song or into a specific singer/band I'll link a song from youtube. But I am very anti-pirating when it comes to games, music and stuff like that.

I feel that if it's of quality, you should support who helped make it.

• Brohoof 1

It's a tough one, but I'll have to go with the digital download, so long as the file has decent quality.

But, if I like the band or artist, I'll buy some CDs of the songs I like. When I do buy CDs, I generally take good care of them. I don't even listen to the actual CD, I burn the songs onto another blank CD so the original will always stay safe. If the copy breaks, I make another. You take good care of your CDs, not trash them. Taking good care of them also keeps the songs of higher quality than any digital download. :)

CDs. Not because of the "supporting the band" excuse or the sound quality reason. Its because I simply like the feeling of buying a CD. Going in with stone cold cash and walking out with a freshly new (or horribly used) product that you know you'll be enjoying for the years to come is a fantastic feeling for me, and I just don't get the same vibe when doing digital downloads.

Especially since buying a CD means buying an album that has songs you like and don't like, as to selecting and choosing to buy one/two songs off an album which in my opinion kills the mood behind buying music, so I'll go with CDs.

INB4 "LOLOL I USE VINYL! BOTH CDS AND DIGITAL SUCK!"

• Brohoof 2

I prefer digital music to physical copies, if only for convenience. Plus, I'm not known for being careful, and losing digital music is much harder than misplacing a CD. :L

Going in with stone cold cash and walking out with a freshly new (or horribly used) product that you know you'll be enjoying for the years to come is a fantastic feeling for me, and I just don't get the same vibe when doing digital downloads.

Most of the music I listen too isn't even on itunes much less at a CD store xD

It's not going to be years to come because everything is becoming more digital and the CD industry is slowly dying. Who knows maybe in the years to come there won't be anymore CDs.

Digital Downloads can be loss less quality.

CDs are lossless quality too, you know.

as for me, physical releases are indeed nice stuff to buy and own, but i'd rather listen to digital music. reason being, using CDs scratches them up. i put my CDs in my shelf and display them there like my precious treasures, and as a back-up of sorts for my music. but i rarely if ever actually listen to them. digital is just a lot more convenient. drag music into my audio folder, into my playlist, play. occasionally the files need tagging, also. it doesn't harm the files no matter how many time you play them back, and it's convenient like that.

in short, my CDs and LPs are my treasures. they shall remain where they are in my shelf. if i want to listen to music i do it digitally, because of convenience and no chance of the audio getting harmed when playing back.

Online and digital. You can't find CDs into an iPad as far as I know...

you can rip the audio files from the CD with a ripping program.

CDs. They hold much more value and sentiment than MP3s. I can picture myself ten years from now taking out my (at that point) old CD of Linkin Park's "Living Things" and having an awesome nostalgia moment. MP3s don't hold that nostalgia at all.

You can rip the audio files from the CD with a ripping program.

I actually took my two whole Skillet albums from my friend's two CDs, Awake and Comatose. But other than that, all of my music came from iTunes home-sharing and downloading.

I actually took my two whole Skillet albums from my friend's two CDs, Awake and Comatose. But other than that, all of my music came from iTunes home-sharing and downloading.

then, why did you say that you can't find a CD into an iPad, for, if you're ripped the audio from those 2 albums?

then, why did you say that you can't find a CD into an iPad, for, if you're ripped the audio from those 2 albums?

You can't put the CD directly into the iPad.

And my answer stands. I prefer digital music.

I've been downloading music for a few years now, I don't trust buying CD's straight off the selves anymore, seeing as you don't know what you're really buying into if you haven't heard what's on it before. Too risking. Thank internet for downloading/previewing music. :D

CDs are lossless quality too, you know.

Not all of them though. I've gotten some CDs that just have MP3s on them and only MP3 files.