1. 1. Do you have an online persona?

• Yes, I'm nothing like myself irl
    • Yes, but it's just me with more confidence
    • No, what you see is what you'd get irl too
    • Yes, there are some things I change but other things are true to me irl

Internet Dizzy= Rainbow Dash

IRL Dizzy= fluttershy.

Fixed for me. :P

I'm very shy in person, however once that fades off I'm more or less the same as on online.

I am actually nicer to people on the internet than I am to people irl. and I have no idea why. not to mention I have more confidence irl than I have on the internet :P. I'm like the polar opposite of everyone else -.-

Might just be because I'm more comfortable teasing people I know exactly where I have. I hate making people sad, even tho I pretend I love to.

• 9 months later...

I don't really have a online persona, I almost act the same online as I do IRL, though I tend to troll more online than I do IRL(when it is appropriate). When answering a serious question or in a Heated topic though, I answer exactly how I would IRL.

I'm pretty much the same a big ol nerd, hopeless romantic hahah, but i do carry more confidence and will say more online then in person, just cause i have low self esteem and well yea when im not face to face im me but more confident, in person I'm the shy guy who says the correct things and what you should hear,

I have two, my most recent one is Franconia Carrollton, which is pretty much me, just with a different name.

It's supposed to be my name on my new gaming channel once I get it up and running.

Generally, in real life I find I have a lot less confidence than I do online, even when I'm among friends. In particular, my IRL friends would notice I'm both more jocular and verbose online than face-to-face.

But apart from that, no. I am who I am, why should I try and hide that from anyone?

Edited by MarkKB

I try not to be anyone different online. If you're online to make friends, like me, why would you act any different?

That's one of the reasons I don't usually do the whole "online" thing, people don't act like themselves :mellow:

I definitely sound a lot more smarter when I am online. This is mostly due to the fact that I have time to think about things before say them, and I really like to sound smart. It's fun.

• Brohoof 1

About personal information, opinions, tastes, etc., I like to keep it all real. I don't hide or lie about anything like that, neither try to look like a completely different person.

But as for behaviors, I'll admit I'm very different online, simply because of the completely different environments. On the forums, for instance, I can take my time to type, to think about it, to organize my thoughts as clearly as possible, to be as kind as possible when sharing my ideas and all... In real life, I very usually stammer and stumble over my own words because of the face-to-face talk. I'm extremely shy and insecure about everything. That doesn't happen when I'm online though.

I think I sorta prefer to interact with other people online rather than in real life. I feel way more relaxed. c:

Nah I'm pretty much the same as I am in RL. I've never seen the need to be someone else on the internet, especially when I'm perfectly fine with who I am. Although I do have less of a tendency to start randomly spouting situational one liners online than I do in RL.

I talk about the same online as I do offline, which generally means I am required to explain myself to my...not-so-smart friends. :P

I'm about the same confidence-wise as well. So I guess my online persona is more akin to me than I originally though...

• 6 months later...

Yeah, I am kinda different. But Interenet me is just me with a little boost in confidence. :P

Also, I always lie about my name and birthday online lol. Just for future reference guys, don't say happy birthday to me when my 'birthday' comes round, because My real one would have happened months ago. :lol:

• Brohoof 1

I change a lot of myself when I'm online, for various reasons.

But a majority stays the same, the main point of myself being that I'm extremely shy and don't like to talk myself up.

I am really shy irl. I don't really like talking so much. I don't even say anything about what I do online. Online, I seem to be somewhat like an energetic guy. IRL, I am not really like that. Though I am energetic sometimes, it's not quite the same as something online.

Probably because online, you wouldn't be showing your face to everyone unless you want it to be so. I am always a bit shy when others are looking at me or there are facing around me.

There is a huge difference between me online and me in real life. I might have a few changes in myself online and myself in real life. The thing is, I have more confidence online then in real life. But, the similarity is I still have a good personality and being a very nice person.

No, not really. I am pretty much myself online (if not a bit more "enhanced" because...well... its online). I never really see a point in it so much. I don't mind Rping, but thats as close as I get to being someone else online

Although I'm not an entirely separate person, I do believe that I am equally satisfied being called "Ping" than I am my real name.  Also, here I can be a lot more mature, mainly because I can easily take back what I want to say.  In real life, I'm an antisocial, boring, psychotic dick who doesn't know how to keep his mouth shut and I often say a VERY inappropriate thing. Online, I have been seen as "adorkable", "shy", and "only-very-slightly-rude" err...

Also, being anonymous online gives me the freedom to express my talents in several ways, because people are often surprised when I tell them I'm thirteen after they read some of my fanfiction, or think I'm actually a twenty-something female when I sing.  It feels alright :3

Although I speak relative to my own character and act very similarly in real life, I'm much more anxious, shy, and sad. I really only act the way I do online with good friends or complete strangers.

No, I don't have one it is bad enough that I have to create the persona of the loyal employee at work, I don't want to have to create another one online or anywhere else. I go online to escape the pressures of having to pretend I am someone I am not rather than indulge in them.