Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why I donated $630 to this site

My little pwny

(edited)

Not to make you more self-conscious than you may already be, but you should seriously consider drafting a letter to Lauren Faust about this matter. It's not so much that you need to thank her for potentially saving your life indirectly but rather because MLP changed your life in a positive manner. I think it would mean a lot to the both of you if you penned this and sent it along to Ms. Faust. I'm certain she never grows tired of reading about these personal stories.

Edited by Thereisnospoon303
  • Brohoof 4

(edited)

It's really wonderful to see catalysts like Lauren, who have the ability to put together something that speaks to so many people, create such a wide impact. It's great to hear your story, and it's lovely to have read it ^^

Wow that is amazing, meanwhile haters are still clueless.

And to think people out there say it's "just a kids' cartoon". Speaks volumes about them.

I have what one might call a cold heart. I'm not cruel or anything, but not much stirs my emotions, and even when they do, they often don't express themselves. I don't try to hide or supress my emotions at all, they just don't come.

But this story really touched me. First life story I've read on this site that has. Sure, I've felt sorry for others. I've sympathized with others and tried to comfort others. But none have ever really stirred my emotions. Until this one.

It was really the 6/30 thing, and how you'd be dead right now that got to me.

I'm a bit like this, except I have been touched by other stories before. This, along with the prayers cutscene towards the end of Okami, will definitely sit in my mind for a long moment. :P

I wish to hug you whilst applauding you.

Make sure you're hitting your own palms and not his back or sides.

It's the realization to me that had you not watched this show at all, that you would be dead and not a single soul on this website would even know. No one would ever think of it, and no one would have ever had a conscious thought on their mind that anything of such nature would be taking place.

According to some, that sort of thing only happens in fiction.

Or it happens in reality, but is extremely rare and only affects people who didn't really want to die to begin with. The time he spent on preparations could be seen as a coldly engineered plan to really die, or it could be seen as a means to stall for time.

It opens my eyes to what potential we all have as human beings to help one another, and what kind of happiness can be spread through the creations of others. It is absolutely amazing what this show (MLP FiM) can do for everyone, and I'm so happy that I could have ever gotten to read something like this.

That's one of my main motives I decided to become a writer - to bring change in a way material possessions cannot.

That is one long and beautiful read. I agree that you should send it to Miss Faust, and even email it to EqD.

Edited by Feather Spiral

It seems some of you recommend I should send this to L. Faust. Should I really do it? Should it be email or by letter? Do I send it to Studio B or her place of residence?

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

It seems some of you recommend I should send this to L. Faust. Should I really do it? Should it be email or by letter? Do I send it to Studio B or her place of residence?

Fan Mail Address:

Lauren Faust

My Firefly, Inc.

10880 Wilshire Blvd.

Suite 2100

Los Angeles, CA 90024

USA

Other than that, it appears she has no email, however I suppose you could try her deviantart: http://fyre-flye.deviantart.com/

Edited by Rochambo
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

Fan Mail Address:

Lauren Faust

My Firefly, Inc.

10880 Wilshire Blvd.

Suite 2100

Los Angeles, CA 90024

USA

Other than that, it appears she has no email, however I suppose you could try her deviantart: http://fyre-flye.deviantart.com/

Thank you for posting this! I'm going to make a personalized letter for her. Since my handwriting is horrid I'm just going to type and print a letter and mail it. (Maybe I'll use my old typewriter and put it on fake parchment! I'll seal it with wax as a scroll and send it to her like Celestia's letters haha)

Edited by My little pwny
  • Brohoof 3

Thank you for posting this! I'm going to make a personalized letter for her. Since my handwriting is horrid I'm just going to type and print a letter and mail it. (Maybe I'll use my old typewriter and put it on fake parchment! I'll seal it with wax as a scroll and send it to her like Celestia's letters haha)

That's really cute. ;)

Awesome.

I hope she sees it and reads it.

Make sure to update if she replies.

I'm not really moved by a whole lot but... well, damn, man. Talk about your tearjerking tales, huh? There's nothing I can say that hasn't already been said so I'll just suffice with this; thank you, really, for sharing such an experience and gift with us all. You've got me awe here, my friend.

• Brohoof 2

Posted Image

Glad to still have you with us, and to know that you are a happier person now! :)

A little strange to think what might have happened on my birthday had you not found the show.

Your generosity at giving such a grand sum to the site is amazing, thank you for doing such a thing. *bows*

Or hatch a dragon and teach him/her to teleport it with magic fire breath.

Start with "Dear princess Faustia". ;)

I am a very heartless person. I don't really flinch much when children, people, or animals die in movies and such. And sappy things usually annoy me.

This nearly brought me to tears. Happy tears. MLP has also helped me. If turning me into one of those "saps" can be considered help. :lol:

I'm very glad you're still alive, because just like the Doctor taught me. Every life is special and important. These are the kind of stories I show my so-called Christian friends when they insult my love of the show and say how "gay" it is.

Since I've show them such stories about how people like you are still alive. I've never heard anything beyond: "I just think it's weird for guys to like the show. Just not my thing."

*Sigh* And here I am getting sappy now. I'm going to go kill someone now.

... In a videogame I swear.

• Brohoof 1

I see what you mean. I stopped being impressed by death a while ago, no matter how bloody or gory - though sounds (crying, effects...) still arouse my empathy and I flinch. But something more psychological like this, deep and heavily mental... it's something else.

The "changing your view of things forever" is not just something that happens in fiction, it happens all the time. It just usually occurs progressively; the kind depicted here, that turned a years-old depression around within weeks, is somewhat rarer.

• Brohoof 1

I had a really tough childhood. Growing up was hard for me, even though I had a supporting family. I never had many friends, and a few of the 'friends' I had treated me bad. I don't want to get into too many details, but long story short, I was depressed because of it. Trust me, the depression was justified, at least in my mind. I hid the depression from my folks for most of my life until later in High School when I completely crashed.

I too suffered with depression throughout all of my middle school and high school career. And like you, mlp was something that played a pivotal role in changing my life and my life decisions.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Well... I'm shy, introverted, socially anxious. I started to have a different outlook at life because of MLP. Every episode about friendship educating me on what I never really knew. I stopped hiding so much, at least on the Internet.

I feel I can relate at least a bit.

I'd better post this now because I already backspaced most of it :( it's not easy to talk about such things.

Edited by Sne
  • Brohoof 2

Dude, come here, you deserve a hug.

Sorry I’m late to the thread… It just always makes me really smile to hear about others overcoming depression. I’m glad you’re able to find joy in life again, and it says a lot about what differences the show and community can make. I wish only the best for you.

post-2368-0-58330900-1341773933.jpg

• Brohoof 2

It is amazing what this show and this fandom can do and inspire. I am so proud to be a part of it. I hope you continue to be happy and know that we are all here for you no matter what. :)

• Brohoof 1

(Stupid bucking browser deleted my wall of meaningful text; don't really feel like attempting to write another one...)

Well, all I have to say is, I'm speechless.

Posted Image

The psychological-influencing power of the show is mind-blowingly amazing. It's always great to hear that this is the way it captivates certain individuals, and regardless if it was just luck that you happened to stumble upon the show, it was an immeasurably good thing that it did, and I hope it continues to spread aforementioned psychological relief and confidence to people who are depreived of it.

I'm more than thankful and happy that you pulled through those dark times to get to where you are now. Thank you ever so much for being a great example and influence on this community. Hopefully, thanks to people like you, the brony community as well as the show itself can easily teach the whole world to simply smile. :)

Posted Image