Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A Dark Alliance

Pizzly

Chapter 1Sy-Amory a world shrouded in mystery known throughout the galaxy as the home of the Assassins Guild. The Guild had been in existence for centuries and had overseen the murders of many of the galaxy's corrupt leaders. But only recently had certain members been permitted to take assignments from the Sentient Species Coalition, the SSC was a governing body made up of 100 different alien races who met in a secret location to discuss the affairs of the galaxy.Among its well known duties were the regulation of trade between systems, the protection and care of citizens in need and the defense against all threats to the galaxy. Its lesser known obligations included quarantining hostile planets and removing dangerous leaders from power or delegating the task to others when the normal channels of impeachment proved ineffective.And that is where I come in, my name is Yarin, and I am a 24 year old male. I cannot tell you my last name as I do not have one my species the Nyac are moderately telepathic and as such have no need for family names. We Nyac have four arms, six eyes, and two legs; we also have gray skin that changes color based on a camouflage reflex rendering us practically invisible. I was born in the Northern city of Geptul; my parents like all Nyac were scientists. And I was expected to follow in their footsteps. From the time I was five until I was fifteen I went to the Nyac Institute of Science when I graduated from school I began my five year apprenticeship as a genetic engineer. But when I turned eighteen that was when everything changed.We were invaded by the Zybrians a race of hideous intelligence who knew only aggression and destruction. War had been declared and like a good little citizen I signed up to fight. For over a year we fought in different campaigns all over Nya and during that time I watched my friends and neighbors die. Eventually we beat back the invaders but my time as a soldier had left me jaded. When I returned home I discovered that for some the war never ends. I started having nightmares about the things I'd seen that no amount of intoxicating drinks would help me forget. I could not concentrate on my work and I decided to leave my home world and seek my fortune elsewhere. I packed all my possessions including my Tovreet in a 4 dimensional hyper satchel and then proceeded to 'borrow' a ship.I spent the first few weeks in a cantina drinking away my troubles when I overheard an interesting conversation by two shadowy figures.I became intrigued so I cloaked my ship and followed them. We neared their destination a planet with a strange electromagnetic field that hid it from my ship's sensors. The field damaged my ship and I had to make an emergency landing. As I got out of my ship I was approached by a small group of beings all were different species, some wore simple cloaks while others wore highly advanced and stylized full body armor. "Come with us." one of them, a tall imposing rhinocerid said.We walked for a while in silence until we came to a large compound. I was brought inside a large room and taken to see a man. "I have brought the intruder Master Gath.""Very good Master Zog Sa you may rejoin the other students oh and congratulations on your upcoming graduation." Gath said. There was just a wisp of a smile on Zog Sa's mouth as he gave Gath a curt bow and left the room. I turned to face Gath and saw that he was tall and thin with red skin, long white hair, two large purple eyes and a distinctive forehead crest."You must excuse Zog Sa's abrasive nature he is a Judoon after all although I do believe his time with other species here has done wonders for his personality he may even be developing a sense of humor." He said more to himself than to me. I walked over to him and saw that his two arms were covered with tattoos, though what they signified was a mystery to me."I'll be blunt with you Nyac, yes yes I know of your species, you didn't think I would invite you into my personal quarters without doing some research on you first.""My name is Yarin. It means scholarly one" I said."Good for you." Gath replied calmly as he walked over to a pair of odd looking swords mounted on the wall behind him and took them down. They were covered with a bright green substance I could only assume was blood. He took out a rag and started casually cleaning them, all the while walking ever closer towards me."I commend your ingenuity by the way few outsiders even know of this planet's existence. That being said... He smiled darkly at me and in a flash had his blade against my throat. "Give me one good reason why I shouldn't kill you right now."Well for starters I'm more usefully to you alive than dead. I said projecting my thoughts into Gath's mind."Ah a telepath well aren't you full of surprises." he said as he removed the sword from my neck."You haven't seen anything yet." I said as I struck at him with my upper arms only to find my attacks being blocked."Come on you son of a Vondruke you've got four arms use them," He demanded.I redouble my efforts using all my arms to try and land a blow yet it once again proved futile."Stop trying to hit me and hit me, you're not thinking you're just acting." Gath said as he struck me in the chest sending my flying across the room. "You need to clear your mind and use the gifts nature gave you. Again."I gritted my teeth but took his advice I slowed my breathing and closed my eyes though even through my shut lids I could still sense that Gath was out there. I felt for his mind and when I found it I latched on.Suddenly it all became clear to me; I could see his moves the moment before he made them.I struck with ever increasing speed hit, block, hit, block then at the last second I grabbed his wrists with my two lower arms and with my upper arms I sent him flying into the back wall."Good, Adaptation, improvisation, what do you call the fighting style you just used?""It is called Saqora it is a combat technique I learned during the war on my home world that uses telepathy to predict your opponent's next move."Gath grinned "I could use a man like you in my little operation I run a training facility that liquidates many of the galaxy's more tainted leaders. Welcome Yarin to the assassins guild."That was nearly 5 years ago and in that time I was trained in many forms of armed and unarmed combat and I learned tactical and battle strategies. The public face of the guild was a school; complete with multiple dorm rooms several cafeterias and many training arenas. It was funded privately by the SSC funneled through various untraceable charities.There are many different people on Sy-Amory some were soldiers like myself unable to fit into their respective societies, others were mercenaries, brought in by the large amount of credits the guild offered them, there were even a few religious zealots who were convinced that they were doing their creator's work by aligning themselves with such a powerful force.I was returned to my quarters when my roommate Xrykoth looked up from the pool of water and sand he called a bed. Xrykoth was a Krast, a large crustacean, and he was one of the more religious among us he worshiped a deity called Zort he was also a brilliant strategist and tactician. "What are you doing back this early?" the robotic voice of his Voder which translated his mouth striations into galactic Common asked."I just got my newest assignment." I said showing him the printout"What happened to the Moxx of Balhoon?""His days of greed and gluttony are over he had an unfortunate 'accident' involving a shredder and an open window." I said."Who did you get this time?""The General again. The SSC is very adamant that he be taken out. I hear he's a fan of the underground Geno fights on Ansar I'm going over there to see if I can finish him once and for all"General Ulisic was a high ranking member of the Hirachi Military. The Hirachi were a race of semi corporeal wraith like neural parasites that had evolved the ability to possess other beings minds and control their actions. They were currently in an unending war with the Frasteek"Good luck my friend, did you hear that the Geron finally installed their array."The Geron's are a tall purple bird like species known for their hospitality, yet unspectacular in most other areas. They live on a militarily insignificant planet with massive crystal deposits and they use this natural resource in the design and construction of enormous transceiver arrays. These arrays collect radio waves from nearby systems and sends the signal into subspace to be heard by the rest of the galaxy."Really when?" I asked."A few weeks ago. We're already getting signals from the as far away as the Syriad quadrant.Do you remember those Hydrolox emissions we found out in the outer rim?" he asked"Of course." I said"Well the SSC sent a scouting party to investigate and they found rips in the fabric of space apparently there is a species from inside the tear called the Malcolites they are very hostile and territorial and the SSC thinks they may become a threat so be on your guard." he saidI stowed aboard a cargo ship headed for Ansar with my satchel inside was my Tovreet and a few sedated genetically engineered creatures I had created to put into the fight. Even though I was no longer a geneticist I still had my knowledge and I put the guild's state of the art laboratory to good use and I figured if I was going to be at the fights I might as well make it convincing.I arrived on Ansar and quickly made my way to an underground fight ring and betting parlor. I registered my creatures it would be a few hours till the fight and I was shown to a small but comfortable room to wait. I quickly got bored with this and went looking for the General. I finally found him sitting at a table eating a meal in a large room at the end of a long corridor.He was in a Kadeel host this time around. The Kadeel were a race of long necked bipedal winged reptilian warriors obsessed with a ritualistic hunting rite of passage they called the Game."Hello old friend," he said."Hello Ulisic I see you have a new host.""Yes it helps confuse my enemies. Now before we do our little dance please come sit down you must be tired from your journey. Can I get you something to drink? We have recently conquered the Wedelon. They have an exquisite brandy."After a quick drink we stood up and unsheathed our weapons. "So then, to the death?" I asked"But of course." Ulisic replied with a tinge of excitement in his voice."Tell me is this the third or fourth time we've fought." Ulisic said as our weapons clashed and the sparks flew."Fourth I believe," I said."And in all that time you still haven't realized that you're just the puppet of a greater man than yourself.""Not a greater man just an older one and you are one to talk about puppets you parasite.""Ah but while my need for dominance is biological yours is psychological you fear what you do not understand and destroy what you can't control."Just then we heard sirens outside the building and the sound of shouting down the hall."It appears the police have found out about our little fight ring. I suggest you make your escape soon, the penal system on this planet isn't known for its friendliness towards non terrestrials, until we meet again old friend." he said as flew out the window I tried to get out unnoticed but by then the police had surrounded the building. As I was taken away in cuffs I looked up and could just see the General as a small dot on the purple horizon.Chapter 2I had learned from my fellow prisoners that the Ansari were in league with the Hirachi and many of the guards were controllers. I planned my escape and a week later I was ready. When the Horkrad guards went around delivering the daily morning meal, I activated my camouflage reflex rendering myself virtually invisible. When the guard came around he was shocked to find the cell empty. He unlocked it and went inside for a better look, and that's when I struck. I decloaked and attacked, flipping the Horkrad over and slamming him into a wall.Then I grabbed the guard's shoulders with my lower arms and his head with my upper and stared into his eyes, implanting images in his mind so horrifying that I was sure he would have to be permanently restrained to prevent him from ripping out his own eyes. I grabbed the keys and unlocked the other inmates. The guards came around and blocked the exits I led my fellow prisoners in an attack. Soon I was surrounded by Taxix, Horkrad, and Ansari controllers.I could see into my enemy's minds as clearly as if I were looking into a lake. The Taxix's little more than cannibalistic beasts, the Horkrad stupid lumbering bark eaters. And the Ansari, their natural arrogance made even more apparent by the Hirachi controlling them. I decided to have some fun with them. It was useless to infiltrate the Taxix minds, the Horkrad I could get to but there wasn't much to work with. Now the Ansari that was where I could really show my 'creative' side. I unsheathed my Tovreet, which I had retrieved from my 4th dimensional storage satchel, and began slicing a path to the remaining Ansari controllers turning quickly as I went, the four one foot long tri bladed daggers quickly grew slick with alien blood.At last I made it to the Ansari controller, I activated my camouflage and calmly walked behind it grabbing it by his head with two of my hands and restrained it's arms with the other two. I easily invaded its mind and saw the Hirachi consciousness inside of the host. I placed an illusion of myself in place of a Horkrad controller and quietly whispered to both host and Hirachi, "they are all against you, they want to destroy you, you can trust no one." then watched as it attacked the Horkrad controller and a few other guards I turned a corner and came face to face with a Zibess controller.The Zibess grinned at me, the reptilian scaly skin gleaned in the dull light of the prison corridor.It opened its toothy maw and hissed at me. You cannot hope to defeat me I can see into your mind I know all your fears. It said to me telepathically. I let out a laugh "You fool you may know all my fears but you know nothing of my mental prowess." I latched onto the Zibess and probed deep I saw family friends of the Zibess and saw previous hosts of the Hirachi inside. I pushed even deeper and reached the Zibess's mental core and when I resurfaced from inside its psyche I left nothing behind. My final obstacle defeated I made my escape into the city before me.Chapter 3Today I found a most unusual ally, I had just escaped confinement by the Ansari; I was sticking to the shadows and, having donned a long dark cloak to obscure my features and a pair of anti gravity boots from a shifty black marketer selling such things as z-ray eyes claiming it was just as good. In fact is better, is two more than x. I turned down a dark alley and saw a young female alien, of about 12 years, she was a yellow skinned humanoid with large butterfly wings on her back, and three suction cup tipped fingers and toes, being cornered by three muggers. I quickly scanned the attackers, their intentions were as clear as they were disgusting I scanned the girl and as I expected, she was afraid. I was about to intervene when I sensed a subtle change in her emotional state, one that I could not quite place. "Please don't hurt me" she pleaded and as the brutes closed in she started to cry.Then as quickly as it began her crying stopped being replaced with maniacal derisive laughter as she grabbed the nearest rouge lifted him clear over her head and threw him into a waste receptacle behind her, she motioned at the others with a 'come get some' gesture. The two remaining thugs not wanting to be outdone by a mere child charged at her with renewed vigor. Then I saw something I will never forget. Her mouth and jaw bones extended and quadfurcated forming four flaps, covered on the inside with rows of sharp teeth, and a 2 foot long tongue snaked its way out.If her attackers were deterred by these events they hid it well, choosing instead to simply attack again this time with a determination that bordered on the insane. She grabbed one by the tail, threw him to the ground and straddled him leaning over him with a wicked grin. It was then I remembered what that feeling I sensed in her was, it was the cool, calculating patience of a predator. She then open her mouth wide and proceeded to make quick work out of his face and organs, eating each with gusto while the final attacker looked on in horror.He turned to run, while she was preoccupied with her 'meal' and that was when I appeared from the shadows, my cloak and boots doing a good job of making me look menacing. He stared up at me looking positively petrified. I placed one hand over his face and mentally whisper sleep and forget; as he dropped to the ground I turned to the girl. She was bent over the corpse I saw her rip the still beating heart from his chest cavity and pop it in her mouth.When she finally noticed me she collapsed her maw and walked over. "Thanks for your assistance; I'm Raylis""I am Yarin of Nya; you are surprisingly strong for your size are all your people that capable in a fight.""No," she said with a laugh. "Most Boradal are not as strong as me, I am an augment.""Genetic or cyber?" I asked."Genetic, I was born with an extendable mouth and enhanced strength, and reflexes, created along with many others to defend my people from all external threats.""And your more cannibalistic tendencies?" I ask with some trepidationRaylis smiled at me, "Those I developed on the streets. After my people beat back the Hirachi they had no more use for us. When we couldn't be integrated back into normal society they relocated us to an isolated area of the planet. We were well cared for but not allowed to leave. One day I couldn't take it any longer and I stole a shuttle and made my way here. That was four months ago. I've been living on the street ever since, what about you?" she asked."I was imprisoned by the Ansari for creating genetic mutants and then hosting them in underground fighting rings. When I found out they were in league with the Hirachi I escaped and wound up here."Her eyes lit up, "You're a geneticist? I'd love to pick your brain about some controversial genetic treatments.""I would be happy to. But not here is there somewhere we can talk that is not so public?" I replied."There's a place I stay sometimes it's dry and fairly warm and no one bothers me you just have to watch out for the Nest.""Who are the Nest?" I asked"Oh you'll see." She replied ominously.We walked for a while, sticking to the back roads and forested areas when I suddenly had a thought. “Why did you not attack me back when I saved you?” I asked. “Not that I am complaining but I could have been with those animals. You had no way of knowing.” Raylis paused for moment thinking. “Well I had just eaten someone and I wasn’t hungry plus I you saved me and I trust you” she said giving me a hug. “Now come on we have miles to go before we sleep.” I said.Chapter 4We traveled during the night and rested during the day in a cave on the outskirts of the Nest's territory when suddenly we were ambushed by an unknown assailant.He was tall and bright green with three clicking mandibles in a triangular pattern he had strong powerful legs and sharp fore claws and was covered in scar tissue, two pairs of gossamer wings stuck out from under a chitinous wing case, his long tail swishing rapidly to and fro. He was bouncing around on his frog like feet maniacally."Is he part of the Nest" I asked Raylis."No you'll know them when you see them. Why are you here?" she asked as she grabbed the creature by his tail threw him against the cave wall and proceeded to punch him repeatedly"Ahhh, hahaha that tickles" he said laughing insanely."Stop it! Beating him will get us nowhere" I said"Why should I?" Raylis asked angrily."No you misunderstand." I said darkly. "The body can shut down after too much physical pain however psychic wounds are much harder to defend against.""What did you have in mind" she asked"Leave him with me I will make him talk," I said turning a dark shade of red as I closed on my captive.I placed my upper hands on his face and dove in, what I saw was a swirling vortex of utter madness and chaos, at the center was a large green cloud I tried to probe deeper when suddenly I was forced out."Ahhh" I screamed in pain."No no no I don't think so" he chided in a sing song voice."Who are you working for" I asked in frustration. "The Hirachi? The Ansari? The Malcolite?"His small dark eyes lit up with surprise. "There is a new player on the set? The Director will be pleased to hear of this I must tell him immediately.""You are not going anywhere not until I get some answers" I said."Yarin he's gone""What?! Where did he go?"I don't know he just disappeared in a puff of greenish smoke it was kind of impressive."There is nothing impressive about having a psychopathic teleporter on the loose." I yelledRaylis just stared at me."I apologize, it has been a long day" I said.We walked a bit further until we came upon a fork in the cavern path when Raylis stopped suddenly."What is it" I asked not sensing anything."Something smells horrible." she said.I sniffed the air. "I do not detect any odd odors, although that is not surprising my people are not renowned for our sense of smell."She covered her nose with one tentacled hand"It's like rotting flesh and death and-""And what?" I asked turning around to face her and finding her face down on the ground being dragged away by someone"Hey" I shouted as I felt something hit me from behind. I fell to the ground turning my head to look at my attacker. He was an asymmetrical creature with a spiked head."What are you?" I asked as I lost consciousness."I'm complicated." was his reply.I awoke several hours later in a daze staring down at me was a hologram of an alien.It had the same spiked head but the other body parts were different the hologram had long double jointed legs the bent backwards a circular organic rotary blade on the tail, powerful bony forearms a long toothed muzzle, black and white stripped skin, with piercing red eyes.I stand up and I see Raylis sitting by a campfire talking to one of the aliens."Get away from her." I shouted."It's okay, Yarin they're friendly." she saidI looked around at my captors some were an amalgam of different parts others were like the hologram but with exposed bone and rotting flesh the smell was so great that Raylis was wearing a breathing mask and even my limited sense was picking up the retched stench, and the dim light of the fire did nothing to dull the ghoulish visage of these poor damned souls.I turn to one of them a tall misshapen creature with one arm of an Ansari one a giant pincer claw and legs with hoofed feet. "Who are you?" I ask"We are the Nest, I am Nefroq leader of this tribe.""How did you end up here?" I asked."We were placed here because our people feared what they could no longer control. Once we were members of the Zinocci race, ours was a peaceful society dedicated to medicine. Then the Hirachi appeared. They posed a threat greater than any our kind had seen in a millennia. Our people needed soldiers; we were ill equipped so we were raised from the dead to combat that threat.”"That technology has been outlawed for years" I said."Desperate times." was Nefroq's reply."It is not a horrible life however; we feel no pain, do not require rest or sustenance. All we need is body parts of the recently deceased to replace our own." he said."So you have been reduced to scavengers." I said."Such is life" Nefroq quipped"And I assume that is what you looked like before all this?" I say pointing to the tall statuesque hologram."Yes that is what all Zinocci strive to become one day""Do you know that there was something living out there?" Raylis asked changing the subject.Nefroq sighed “Yes we call him the Demented One he calls himself the Herald""What do you know about him?" Raylis asked."We only know what he has said through his ramblings, that he is an incomplete being, the child of lesser god, created to sow the seeds of chaos, he will bring about the end of days. He knows that once his master finishes It's game then It will have no more use for him. He is desperate to prove himself, and he will destroy all of reality to do so. There is no scheme in his heart he is ignorant of power just living moment to moment trying to outlive his usefulness he has been driven mad by the chaos he spreads and with that madness comes power.""I am on a crusade to defeat the evil in this universe. Will you fight with us against the Hirachi and those who wronged you" I asked"We will however we need time to gather our forces we are spread out between 10 planets in 5 systems.""Agreed contact me when you are ready to mount your attack,” I said.After we bid our goodbyes to the Nest we journeyed for a few hours our conversation varied from the latest enhancement in genetics to what we were going to eat later that day. Eventually we stumbled upon an abandoned ship yard all the ships in it were perfectly usable they were just slightly out of date. Raylis and I looked at each other it was clear we were thinking the same thing one being’s trash is another’s ticket off world.Chapter 5Outside time and spaceIt sailed through the cosmos, searching for something with which to keep Itself entertained, if only for a short time. It had been known by many names throughout the ages and across the dimensions, the Green Menace, the thief of freedom, the liberator, and the Director. It rather liked that title, very theatrical It thought, much like It's personality. Upon first ascending to cosmic being, (a feat which many have tried but few succeed), It was approached by other cosmic entities, they all came out to see the newest player to the field, the Ancient Ones found It amusing, until It had a tryst with their daughter Madness, soon after her guardians found out they forbid It from seeing her again stating she had a reputation to uphold and couldn't be seen cavorting with lower forms of energy.When It broke the news to Madness, she did not take it well, promptly driving It insane, and sending It to another plane of existence, however It got bored with that after a few eons and became sane again, gaining a great magnitude of power from the experience. It met other anthropomorphic personifications and various gods during Its travels; There was the Ouroboros who claimed to be the beginning and end of all things, then there was the Formless One, who found It a nuisance and nearly sent It into a black hole, were it not for the interjection of the Shade, those ancient near omnipotent guardians of the Omniverse who made lesser gods cower in their wake. It was they who took It under their wing The Shade gave It two choices, exile to nothingness or obey the laws of the Omniverse. The Director chose the latter. While they didn’t seem to have any problems with what It did, they made sure to tell It to clean up Its mess and put everything back where It found it. The Director laughed grimly at those memories, It was so arrogant back then. It approached the target galaxy sensing all the life forms that It could play with. This was going to be such fun.Then again; perhaps not, It saw the major players in this galaxy and found their roles boring, there was no entertainment here; It needed a new set with a new cast. Suddenly the Director remembered the Celestial Well. Surly there would be no harm in searching through the Well for replacements. It quickly created a pocket dimension and set off to find Its players. The Celestial Well was a gateway to alternate quantum realities built on a naturally occurring quantum fissure, by an ancient forgotten race of titans as a tool of exploration it was eventually abandoned with the extinction of its creators and left to the hollows of time. Its location, a secret closely guarded by the more advanced interstellar forms, lest it fall into the graspers of more primitive races, the fact that the Director knew the Well’s location was a testament to Its status as a cosmic being.In a puff of Chartreuse smoke It was at the Well; while the Director did not actually require the device to accomplish Its goal It knew that the Well had a far greater selection than Itself, the possibilities were nearly infinite. It dove into the ‘waters’ of the Celestial Well and began looking through the various realities picking and choosing individuals and conflicts that only Its eldritch imagination could conceive. At last It had what It needed, however It couldn't just watch It needed a more direct approach but Its current form was too much for most lower species, so The Director set about creating an avatar, imbuing Its essence into the body, giving it sentience, free will and a reason to revel in chaos.It then sent him off soon after there was a puff of familiar chartreuse smoke and It's herald appeared. He looked different, covered in scars and with a hollow darkness in his eyes that The Director was sure was not there moments before. The fact that It's herald's travel was instantaneous did not confuse The Director, although It was not as omniscient as some of the older cosmic entities It was able to see through most of time and space excluding of course It's own future and by extension anyone associated with It. It only knew what It's avatar told It and he looked like he had big news."Master there is a new player to the set. They are called the Malcolite. They are the last species in their realm having murdered all the other life forms living with them. They come from the cracks in the Omniverse, they have no concept of fear, conscience, or humanity they possess a hive mind and are extremely xenophobic to the point of sadistic violence when they discovered a way through the cracks they vowed to destroy all life in this galaxy." the Herald said with perverse sense of glee in his voice.Chapter 6YarinRaylis and I had made it off Ansar, we stole a ship from, the yard and were just leaving orbit when we received a recorded subspace transmission, it was in Common but oddly accented. "Attention all those within sensor range heed my warning there are Hirachi vessels in the area, stay away."I turned to Raylis "Think we should listen to them?""Not a chance." she said with a smile."Good." I said turning a happy shade of purple.We jumped into through our artificially created wormhole and within seconds we were in another part of the galaxy. We spotted the source of the distress call. It was of an unknown configuration. We boarded the ship, inside was nothing absolutely nothing no life forms of any kind. We found our way to the bridge. Once again not a soul to be found suddenly out of the corner of my eye a saw movement, I turn to warn Raylis of this potential but before I can get a word out I am thrown across the bridge by an unknown blue beam and I see that there is a blade pressed against Raylis's neck.RaxMy serial designation is RX4 my crewmates call me Rax though I do not know why. I am standard issue Gyndroid built for daily ship maintenance, tactical defense and occasional 'companionship' My external frame is a human female approximately 6'1 and 200 pounds of metal. It is steel gray in color with malleable limbs constructed of a nanomorphic poly-alloy designed for the sublimation of weapon systems. My internal matrices however are a different matter. I am composed of an electroneural artificial intelligence housed within a positronic brain that controlled my motor functions. I could leave my metal shell and interface with electronic devices and computer systems. I have an emotion chip installed and am able to articulate my facial features to convey those emotions.I am told my eyes are a literal electric blue, wisps of energy seem to seep from my suites empty eye sockets like a blue flame. I have an impressive array of weapons systems including a plasma blade and repulser ray. The former of which I was now pointing at the young female intruder's throat while the latter I used on the male."Vict ooa sycorax mapta vishual jantan roo." he said with guttural vocal inflection."What does that mean." I yelled angrily.Yarin"I come in peace we mean you no harm." I said as she pressed the blade closer to Raylis' neck."Zawata fraco choc tow." the gyndroid yelled at me I looked at Raylis puzzled by the metallic female's inability to speak. Then I telepathically sent instructions telling her how to break free of the robot's grip, then she lifted her attacker up and threw her across the room."The ship's internal translator must have been damaged during the battle I will try to repair it" . I said as I moved towards the ship's controls."Take your time." she grunted as she grappled with her clearly pissed off and confused metallic foe. "I've been told I need more Iron in my diet." Raylis said with a smirk as she unhinged her jaws and kick flipped her opponent to the ground.Rax I could see that the two organics were talking but I could not make out what they were saying. Then the little one came at me rather quickly and said something that I of course couldn't understand then she did something very unusual and slightly frightening with her vocal apparatus. She had me on my back when the other one called to her.Yarin"I believe I fixed the translator." I told her."Let's try it out." she said."Do you understand me now?" I asked speaking in Common."Yes why are you here?" The Gyndroid asked."We answered the distress call." Raylis said."I'm Raylis and that's Yarin.""I am called Rax I am sorry I attacked you I was frightened and angry I wasn’t programmed to speak Common all of the crew members on this ship are from the same planet and spoke the same language." she saidWhat planet is that"? Raylis asked."You have probably not heard of it they have only recently created Wormhole flight, the planet is called Earth and the language is called English." the Robotic woman said"Can you tell us what happened here?" Raylis asked"I was in my quarters powering down for the night when I awoke I found that the ship was under attack. I tried to fight them off but there were too many of them. They took most of the crew and killed those who were too weak of otherwise unable to serve as proper hosts." Rax said."We are on a mission to fight the Hirachi and we could use someone with your skills. Will you join us?" I asked.I nodded a gesture I learned from my time with the crew."Do you know which way they went?" Raylis asked"Yes I will program the coordinance into your ship."The three of us left the derelict Earth vessel, boarded our own stolen ship and headed off to unknown wonders.Chapter 7Continuing on our quest to find Rax's shipmates we tunneled our way out of Subspace and soon we spotted the Hirachi ship, in orbit around a planet.We hailed them, and getting no response we docked alongside and transported over "Be on your guard there's no telling what traps the General has in place." I said speaking from experience, for I had dealt with him before and although I would never admit it publicly but I had developed a certain level of respect for that mad man over the years, whenever we met I always complemented him on his form in combat even going so far as to point out a tactical error on his part. Ulisic behaved accordingly always offering me an exotic food or drink from a newly conquered world before our duel, always assuring me it was not poisoned by sitting down and partaking of some himself. It was during these meals that we would regale each other with our exploits. I with my time as a member of the assassin’s guild and he with his stories of war torn worlds and conquered civilizations, and while I disagreed with his politics I understood his needs.Back on the ship we passed many alien controllers I knew they were controllers because I could sense the Hirachi within each of them. They were all the same species they were nine feet tall solid white except for their glowing red eyes, they had colloid tentacles on the lower portions of their faces in place of a mouth. They had three long fingers with a retractable claw on their wrists and two pairs of large feathery wings on their backs.They either didn't see us or they didn't care, as we wandered throughout the Hirachi ship we turned down a hallway and fell down a shaft into a dimly lit room."Ow" Raylis said."What was that?" Rax asked."That" I said matter-of-factly "Was a trapdoor I told you he was clever""I believe we are in the brig." Rax said."That would be a correct assessment my dear" an unknown voice said. We all turned and saw the shackled and emaciated form of General Ulisic.I turned a dark shade of purplish green it reflected both my delight and revolution at what I saw before me. Here was a man I had made a career out of trying to kill, at my mercy. I should be happy and yet I knew that for such an event to occur it meant that an even greater threat was present."What happened to you my old friend?" I asked."You saw those new host bodies all about the ship. They are to blame for my current situation.""So your own crew finally turned against you Ulisic?" I said as a walked closer to the restrained man.He lifted his long snake like neck and grabbed at me with a clawed hand. "No Yarin these new hosts are not my doing. No my ship has been taken over by these vile creatures."I stared at him for a moment confused by his statement "But they were controllers I sensed the Hirachi within them."Ulisic smiled an evil little smile. "Oh they have Hirachi inside their minds and that is how they caught us. For you see every single Hirachi inside them is trapped in a never ending nightmare. When we first found out about them it seemed like a dream come true imagine it, a whole new species for us to infest, millions of new troops to fight those blasted Frasteek with. At first it all went as planned, oh there was resistance of course but in the end we prevailed… or so I thought but soon the new hosts began arriving late to their duty shifts, at first I thought nothing of it, just getting used to their new bodies. Soon after they stopped coming all together and that was when I realized that we were in trouble. Those foul abominations were so alien to us that we couldn’t control them in fact we couldn’t even escape. Soon after they learned to read our thoughts, they're an entirely telepathic species, with a hive mind you know. They began to torture us for no other reason than because it was fun for them." The General had begun to shout this last part desperate to get his point across. "They are sadistic and cruel and they will stop at nothing to make this universe as lifeless as their own home dimension. So that is why you must release me I need to regain control of my ship." he said"If we release you what's to stop you from killing us outright." Raylis said, I jumped a little upon hearing her voice I had almost forgotten she was here."You have my word as a General of the Hirachi Empire." He said with a wave of his hand."The word of a filthy parasite," Rax yelled "You killed my crew.""I did no such thing.” The General protested. "Those were the damn Malcolites who killed your crew they would have killed me to if I wasn’t the leader apparently they wanted to save me for something special Spode only knows what that is.I turned my head towards The General "It was the Malcolites who have taken your crew, I should have known. Well Ulisic I trust you enough to fight alongside you. Now let’s go take back your ship."Chapter 8RaylisAfter releasing Ulisic from his restraints we managed to crawl back up the chute we had fallen through. We walked for a bit all the while being surrounded by Malcolites who continued to ignore us."Why don't they notice us?" I asked."It could be a number of reasons" Rax replied."Perhaps they do not see us as a threat.""Maybe they are too preoccupied with torturing the Hirachi in their heads to see what's right in front of them." The General said bitterly."No" Yarin said. "They do not see us because I have been mentally projecting us as a group of Malcolites ever since we boarded the ship."I turned to face our de facto leader, he was sweating and looked very gray, even more than usual, probably from the strain of maintaining this illusion."Are you ok?" I asked him."Yes I am fine, come now we have a job to do," he saidYarin"Yes I am fine," I lied. I was not fine, not in the slightest. Not only did I have to guard our group from every mind around us I had to continuously scan those minds for any threat. The longer we stayed there the weaker I became."We need to hurry and retake the ship" I said before collapsing"Yarin!!" Ulisic cried out rushing to catch me as I fell even as thirty Malcolites began to notice and surround us "You will not die here tonight my friend no, you will die by my hand and it will be glorious."General UlisicI looked to the gyndroid "Get him to sickbay we will hold off these beasts. I turned to the alien girl "fifteen for you fifteen for me do you think you can handle it."Her response was an audible neck crack "Let's do this"RaylisI turned to face the small group of Malcolites I unhinged my jaw and lunged into the fray punching, kicking, biting, and eating my way through my opponents. I looked back at the General he had picked up a blaster from a fallen enemy and was firing away at the Malcolites who surrounded him. We were backed into a corner together fighting our way out I felt something move as I bumped into it I turned my head to find the him still firing away right behind me "Back to back," I said with a smile "As it should be child." he said as he handed me a blaster as we pivoted, cutting a swath of death all around us."I hope Yarin is ok," I said."Don't worry about him." Ulisic replied. "He is destined for greater things."YarinI awoke in the Hirachi medical chamber with Rax standing over me. "While you were unconscious I took some scans of you.” She said. “They show extremely high levels of activity in your mesiofrontal cortex.” Mesiofrontal cortex I knew what that meant, it meant that the Narcon-Gleesh or final change was upon me. I stood up. "Computer activate a level ten force field around this area," I knew the force field would not protect me, it was designed to stop physical movement not mental; but I put it up anyway if for no other reason than to keep the people around me from being injured. I sat down on the bio bed and waited, then it happened. First, a sickly orange light came streaming out of every orifice. Then the rest of my body began to glow. Then the first energy pulse came, it was relatively weak. It dissipated four feet away from me in a circle. However, I knew the worst was yet to come. Soon my body became ridged and I fell to the floor, only to find myself hovering a foot off the ground a few moments later, unable to move as the excess psionic energy wracked me again. Then came what my people called the Torrent, a cascade of mental white noise consisting of the thoughts and emotions of every person within two miles. Had I been on Nya, I would have trained doctors to help me in the event of a feedback pulse.Oh Paox! I thought. The feedback pulse. I was not sure if it would happen but if it did then my shipmates would be in for some rough times ahead. The second pulse hit me with the force of a blaster My skin began to change color as I lost all control of my pigment cells, slowly at first then faster and faster until I looked like a flickering strobe. Then the torrent came at me. A metaphysical wave of sky blue energy. It collided with my latest pulse and over powered it. I felt my skull about to split. It was too loud coming at me too fast. I cried out in pain "Arrrg!!!" and with that scream, I felt a new sensation. Most that entered the Narcon-Gleesh were weak in mental faculty when the torrent hit them they submitted to it. Those few however, who were born with stronger minds or who had gone though telepathic trauma were not so easily subdued. I knew if only on a near unconscious level that I fell into the second category. And even though I was not aware of it, the psychic scars I had received during my time fighting the Hirachi and my years with the assassin’s guild had strengthened my resolve.The pulses erupted from me faster than before, increasing in intensity. They reached the Torrent and pushed it back. I had produced a feedback pulse. In essence I had created a backdoor into the psyches of every being on this ship. I felt my mind leave my body as my telepathic abilities reached hitherto unknown levels. I had become the ultimate expression of those abilities, a being of pure mental energy. The minds who had only moments ago caused me such pain were now mine to do with as I pleased, I could touch every mind on the ship, I saw into every single Hirachi, and the Malcolites that sadistically tortured them. Even Rax's positronic brain could not hide from me. I could see into their very core. They were nothing to me, no they were less than nothing I felt like a God but before I could do properly use my new found powers suddenly I felt a sinking sensation and I knew that the Narcon-Gleesh was ending. Quickly while I still had the ability to do so I focused all the Malcolite brainwaves and extinguished them one by one. I felt myself reenter my body, I still could not move, but at least the Torrent had stopped. It would all be over soon.Finally, after a few minutes I was lowered to the ground all signs that anything out of the ordinary had happened were gone save for a slight headache. Rax and I left sickbay and rejoined the others all around them they lay strewn bodies and torn limbs I turned to Ulisic. "What will you do now my friend?" I asked He just stared at me for a few seconds and then smiled showing fangs. "Go now my friend you need your rest enjoy the planet below as my gift to you we will meet again and our battle will be the stuff of legends."A Brief Interlude Hello readers it is I the Herald yes of course I can see you, the fourth wall means nothing to a being of my power and insanity, I see myself as a combination of the Joker and Carnage, ruthless, insane, and always looking for a good laugh. Ah how I love your human pop culture references. What did you think of the last chapter? Pretty great huh? And just in case you think that the Malcolites are a bunch of pushovers I'll show you what happened to the first beings who tried to mess with them.There is a puff of chartreuse smoke and you suddenly find yourself sitting in a plush theater chair staring at a huge white hole in space, a large geometric shape looms ever closer."Pass the popcorn." The Herald says as he teleports into the empty seat wearing a pair of 3D glasses and holding a big tray of nachos. "Where and when are we?" you ask. his voice changes suddenly growing deep and dramatic like so many voiceovers in so many movie previews. "In a world ruled by fear no no sorry." he laughs as his voice reverts to normal. "I just always wanted to say that. It's about 1 month ago within the context of the narrative of course, the where is a little more complicated, let’s just say that you're safe and about to witness an epic altercation between two powerful forces, let's watch." he says as the lights which just appeared over their heads dimmed.The massive cube examined what was before it, a rip in the fabric of reality. The cube released a swarm of sensor-probes into the void, blind to the possible dangers. Danger was irrelevant, resistance was irrelevant, only assimilation mattered and yet, they had faced both resistance and danger before, once from the 'planet killer' an ancient doomsday device created by a race of titans long ago to oppose them, they lost many ships and thousands of drones and once from the tripedal menace that was species 8472. Those two incidents were burned into their collective memory never to be forgotten.The sensor-probes scanned the inside of the rift and began sending information back to the main ship. There was an odd deviation from the standard background radiation of the universe. It was different from other realms such as fluidic space and zero space. Suddenly, silence, the probes had stopped transmitting. The cube recalled the last of the visual data it received before the probes destruction, blank whiteness, then movement a flash of color in the void and then nothing.A weapon powerful enough to rip through the probes multi-phasic shields, it was all the incentive they needed to explore this new realm. They launched twin beams into the breach, a yellow broad spectrum scanner to detect what was in there, and a green tractor beam to bring it out.The ship they pulled out was small compared to the massive cube, sleek, streamlined and bright white against the black background of space. They scanned it, the species inside possessed a collective consciousness similar to their own however instead of being controlled by a queen, the others were governed by a powerful telepathic connection and yet, each was capable of independent action and thought.And with the voice of thousands speaking at once they sent the ship their standard hail."We are the Borg. Existence as you know it is over. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile." There were a few moments of silence then a chorus of voices similar to their own but with a less than subtle hint of amusement was heard inside the mind of every drone on the ship 'You're welcome to try.'A boarding party of 10 drones beamed onto the bridge of the ship, they assessed their surroundings. They could best be described as sparse. The few pieces of décor that could be seen seemed to shift and change, melting back into the floor even as they looked at it.They turned to find themselves being stared at by 5 of the ships occupants, tall beings with two sets of wings, facial tentacles, and glowing red eyes. For a moment the two groups just looked at each other sizing the other up then without making a sound the drones advanced on them. They're opponents acted in kind. One of the drones, a mouthless two armed two eyed quadruped with a tapered back skull and long tail moved with such blinding speed that it easily closed the ten foot gap in one second. It's left arm raised its assimilation tubules extended, at just two inches from its potential target it struck.And hit nothing empty space. It had all been an illusion. Quickly it turned around but it was too late the creature grabbed it's head in one large hand and inserted a flexible barbed claw that had emerged from its wrist through the multi-phasic shield and into the brain severing it from its collective while keeping it alive. The former drone was suddenly alone without the thoughts of the others in its head. It tried to run but found itself rooted to that spot held there by its captor looking into its glowing red eyes. Then suddenly the creature disappeared and the ex-drone found itself back on the Borg cube, and saw its younger self, it watching as they turned it into one of them over and over again it would watch as they strapped it down, injected it with nano-probes and took away it's individuality. And each time it was powerless to stop them it was enough to drive one mad.The Malcolite looked at its fallen foe. All around it were similar scenes of carnage, some drones lay dead others lay in heaps on the floor trapped in their own mental nightmares. When the last of the drones had been dealt with. The Malcolites turned their attention to the large cube. They fired a beam composed of pure anti-protons. It easily pierced the Borg shields and smashed into the ship, ripping apart the upper portion of the cube.The Borg did not panic. Panic was irrelevant. Instead, they immediately set their restoration mechanisms into operation, under the assumption that they would have time to complete the repairs before they were attacked again. In their machine like, precise way, they were ignoring the concept that they might be outmatched.Instead, as the cube began to restore itself, they sent off another message to the other ship. "You cannot defeat us. If you attempt to assault us again, you will be punished. There is no power that can withstand us."And once again the other responded with a voice dripping with cold malice and sadism "You have been deemed weak and we will enjoy destroying you.""Enjoyment is irrelevant." the Borg said."No! you are irrelevant." and with that final exchange came a blinding flash as the cube was struck once more by the powerful energy beam. The cube shuttered for a moment then exploded in a blaze of sparks.The Malcolites looked out into this new galaxy full of life forms to torture and eradicate, this would be such fun.The house lights came on and your host stood up clapping his hands. "How amazing was that? Every time I see it I enjoy it more, well I'd better get you back but don't worry you'll see me again real soon." he said as everything around you disappears in a cloud of chartreuse smoke.Chapter 9Aronus Prime: The leisure planet, home to many of the galaxy's greatest pleasures, come visit the crystal caverns marvel at the celestial temple used by the brotherhood of peace to-I threw the pamphlet I had been given at the hotel entrance down and clicked the remote to turn the holo-vid screen on. "Chop your vegetables faster with the light saber." CLICK. "Another criminal has been found dead, citizens believe it to be the work of the vigilante known as the Wild Shadow." CLICK. "Get your tentacles off my man." CLICK.I turned off the set and stood up "I could use a drink." I said as I grabbed my satchel and pulled out my cloak"I would like to go with you and it would be good to get out and explore the city," Rax said. She turned to Raylis, "Will you be alright by yourself?""Oh sure." Raylis said. "I'll probably go to that club I saw near here.""Keep your communicator on and we will pick you up when we are done." I said.As we were leaving Rax turned to me and said "Do you think she will be okay on her own?""Trust me" I replied "The one thing I am certain of is that Raylis can take care of herself"Aronus police department autopsy a few hours earlierDoctor M'rex Kachokta raised his eye stalks to peer down at the body before him. The 43 year old Adeesi medical examiner had a grisly site before him "By the gods what has happened to you my dear fellow?" he said to the corpse, then clicked his beak impatiently as if waiting for a reply. He had started the habit of talking to the bodies that ended up on his table during his first years at the Aronus police department at first it was only to stave off boredom but soon he found that it helped him understand the victims he examined on a more personal level.The doors slid open with a hiss as Detective Lekuda Moszt walked in. "What'ya got for me Chok."M'rex smoothed down his graying crest feathers with one hand while the other drummed his 3 long fingers absentmindedly. "It's a gruesome act of carnage Lekuda, it reminds me of a case I was working on while at medical conference on Fikron 2 yes a native was attacked by a wild animal with similar lacerations it was a very graphic.""Are you trying to tell me that this was done by a wild animal Chok?""Well either that or a very deranged man with a conscience, this is the 3rd body in 3 months and do you know what they all have in common? They were all criminals. The first was the Shroot field killer the second was the cannibal of Cratus and this poor fellow is Aronus's own Crystal cavern rapist.""It seems we have a vigilante on our hands. Keep me posted doctor." Lekuda said as he turned to leave."Will do detective." Kachokta said as he went back to examining the body.O'zorgnax's PubSoon after leaving the hotel Rax and I arrived at O'zorgnax's.We walked in and sat at a table next to four aliens were having a heated argument. I couldn't help but overhear, "So you're saying that the Iron mushroom with his powers of levitation and control over all fungi couldn't beat Doctor Terrible?" one of the aliens said. "No Sheldar I'm saying that Doctor Terrible is an underrated hero." "Well Leonarx we will just have to agree to disagree."One of the aliens raised his hand. "I believe Raj-tal has a question." Sheldar said. "Why are you raising your hand just talk." One of them said. "Oh leave him alone Howaresh?" Leonarx said."Who is Doctor Terrible again? Raj-tal asked.He's the one with the PhD in terribleness and that side kick what's his name? The wet one?" Leonarx replied. "His name is Damp." Howaresh said.Just then the three legged grizzly old bar tender walked up to us. "What can I get for ya folks?" he asked. "I will take a Nanander" I said. "And I will have a pan galactic gargle blaster," Rax said."Strong drink," I said."I've been told it's like having ones brain smashed out with a slice of lemon, wrapped around a large gold brick," she replied.Soon our drinks arrived, "That reminds me why would a robot need to drink?" I asked stirring my bright yellow drink.She took a sip of her beverage and replied "I don't need to drink I can quit any time I want," Then she laughed. "Actually alcohol fuels my power cells.""And what if you don't have any alcohol with you?" I asked."Then I can go on backup power, barring that I have solar panels, if those fail I can always leave my external frame and enter a computer system as a being of pure electrical energy to preserve my form until such time as I can receive more power." she said."Wow you were really built you to last." I said.RaxA few hours, many drinks and one bar brawl later a highly inebriated Yarin and I left the tavern and found ourselves on a dark ally. We had been walking for a several minutes when we were accosted by a couple of ne'er-do-wells. "Look at what we got here?" One of them a large amphibian alien said. "It seems you have wondered into our territory that means you have to pay a fine… in blood." the other alien a small insectoid chortled. Suddenly there was a lone howl in the air as a large hulking beast flew down from the building above and landed behind us. The creature was large, black with patches of red with two leathery wings a reptilian maw with bright yellow eyes and its skin was covered with thick coarse fur, it had spikes running down the length of its back. Yarin and I stood back to back preparing to fight what was surly a battle to the death.Chapter 10Yarin and I turned to face the creature and our attackers. My internal sensors having already scanned their faces and matched them to the intergalactic criminal database. We were up against La Ree the murder-burglar and the Be'alkin strangler. I looked back at Yarin. He was staggering and his skin was a muted green.I activated my sonic disruptor and was about to charge into the fray, when I heard a deep male voice behind me. "Put away your weapon these men are MINE." It was the creature, speaking Common as plain as day. He ran past us and slammed La Ree into a wall with enough force to shatter his skull. The Strangler turned and ran away but the creature flew after it. There were blood curdling screams of pain and then silence.The creature walked back over to us, the light of the full moons showing the blood glistening on his scaly fur “Thank you for your assistance." I said."So you can talk that's quite a trick." Yarin said drunkenly."Wait till you see my next one." he growled as he doubled over in pain. There was a sickening sound as bones broke and flesh ripped and soon what stood before us was a completely different being."Hey I recognize you you're Zonza Morlax the leader of that cult what are you doing here and how did you do that shape shifting thing?" Yarin said as he fell to the ground and blacked out. "I would like to know that as well." I said Zonza turned to me "All in due time." then he looked down at Yarin. "It seems your friend has had more than he can handle." He said with a concerned laugh. "My temple is not far from here please you two must stay the night it would my pleasure.""Thank you for your offer." I said "But we were on our way to pick up our friend and she'll be wondering where we are.""Great," he said "The more the merrier, call her and tell her to meet us there."I picked up Yarin and relayed the message to Raylis and after a short walk we arrived at the celestial temple where we were greeted at the door by four terrapin alien monks.I placed Yarin on a nearby couch and admired the building; my emotion chip gave me a wide variety of feelings to experience and what I was feeling now was exhaustion. I was led to a spare room where I could enter sleep mode uninterrupted.I awoke half an hour later by a loud crashing sound outside Zonza and I ran out to find Raylis in a scuffle with the door guards. "Brother Zonza, this young rouge was attempting to break in to the temple." the blue guard said. "I keep telling you I was INVITED." Raylis yelled at him. "It's alright Brother Leo,” Zonza said. “Tell Brother Raph and the others to resume their posts.” We returned to the main hall when Yarin woke up.YarinThe first thing I noticed when I awoke was a face, it was clearly a Vigoran, the blue gray skin, ossicones and facial tusks was standard what was unusual was that the man the face was attached to was huge he was a foot and a half taller than the average member of his species and twice as wide."You have some explaining to do regarding what happened earlier." I said to him as I stood up. "Yes of course please follow me.” Zonza led us to the foyer where he had prepared a meal for us. He told us a story while we ate."It all started a few months ago," he said. "I was doing missionary work on Mag'Rothia, teaching the word of Spode to the less enlightened natives. I was walking in the jungle with my guide Qodon when we were attacked by a vicious beast. It bit me and nearly killed my guide but we managed to fight it off long enough to escape. We made our way back to the Mission; I cleaned the wound and thought nothing more of it. Only later did I learn from the natives that the creature that attacked me was an Umdolla, a predator who's bite releases an aggressive viral agent which overtakes it's victims normal physiology, causing them to change into one of these bloodthirsty beasts once a month.""Did it make you immortal to?" Rax asked with a laugh, although I did not understand the joke."Of course not. That's absurd, whoever heard of a creatures bite doing that. No I was born with my immortality." Zonza said calmly."What!!" the three of us said in unison."It is true," he said. "I was born on Vigora over fifty thousand years ago. My name was Azreon and I was a tribal hunter. One day while I was hunting a pack of Rynock I was gored through the chest. After I didn't die from my wound, I realized my immortal nature." He laughed slightly "I thought I was blessed by the gods only much much later did I realize that my immortality was actually the result of a genetic mutation which manifested as a form of rapid cellular regeneration.""That's all well and good." I said "But we are on a mission of our own and we could really use a man of your shall we say talents."He stood up and walked over to the fireplace, stared deeply into it and sighed. "I have lived a long time, long enough to see the future become history, Empires crumble, civilizations fall." he turned back to look at us. The organic crystal on his long tail glowed brightly. "You know I started this religious sect to atone for many lifetimes worth of sins but maybe I need to think bigger. I will join you on your quest."Elsewhere outside O'zorgnax's Pub Detective Lekuda Moszt and Medical examiner M'rex Kachokta looked at the bodies on the ground or at least what was left of them. "It's exactly like the last three cases Lekuda.""Yeah Chok except this time there are two bodies and footprints leading away from the crime." "It looks like we need to pay a little visit to the Brotherhood of Peace." M'rex said.

Edited by Pizzly
  • Brohoof 2

I sincerely apologize Yarin but I don't have the patience for all of the narrative errs and gramatical mistakes you have in that story that I can't make it far beyond half way through Chapter 1.

My advice would be if you want to become a writer of notable calibre, read. I don't know that many contemporary science fiction authors but there's not much harm that can be done in reading fiction authors of any era. I particularly recommend Ray Bradbury for short stories such as the one you've done (see Illustrated Man).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...