Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming The Magic the Gathering Thread

Evilshy

69 users have voted

1. 1. Favorite Color? Yes, you must pick just one (color combos are a bit further down)

• White
    • Blue
    • Black
    • Red
    • Green
  2. 2. What formats do you play?

• Standard
    • Modern
    • Legacy
    • Vintage
    • Limited (draft, sealed, etc)
    • EDH/Commander
    • Other casual formats (Highlander, Prsimatic, Pauper, 2HG, etc.)
  3. 3. Favorite Color combos? (nicknames because I feel like it)

• WU (Azorius)
    • WB (Orzhov
    • WR (Boros)
    • WG (Selesnya)
    • UB (Dimir)
    • UR (Izzet)
    • UG (Simic)
    • BR (Rakdos)
    • BG (Golgari)
    • RG (Gruul)
    • WUG (Bant)
    • WUB (Esper, dubstep)
    • BUR (Grixis)
    • RBG (Jund)
    • GWR (Naya)
    • WBR (Oros, Kaalia)
    • URG (Intet, Animar, rug)
    • BWG (Teneb, Ghave)
    • RWU (America)
    • GUB (Vorosh, Mimeoplasm, bug)
  4. 4. Player type? Mark all that apply

• Spike (plays to win. Not afraid to use "cheap" strategies to do so)
    • Johnny (building decks is just as fun as playing them. Looks for weird combos and deck ideas, and plays mostly for fun. Tries to win in unique ways)
    • Timmy (the most casual player. Likes decks and cards because they're fun and/or cool to use, even if they're not very good.)
    • Vorthos (judges cards more by flavor, and how the card is when everything, from name to art to text, fits together)
    • Melvin (Judges cards more by mechanics, looking at how different effects piece together, on individual cards and between them)

Well, tonight I'm playing in my first FNM in 6 years. I'm running RDW, though it's more aggro than most RDW decks. Wish me luck :)

I've been playing MTG for about a year now. I prefer playing EDH/Commander over any of the other formats just because the variety is so vast.

I currently have built:

Ghave (WGB Tokens. Lots and lots of tokens.)

Doran the Seige Engine (Voltron :D)

Scion of the Ur-Dragon (Scion deck. Conspiracy Dragons <3)

The Mimeoplams (Control and Shenanigans)

Ghave is by far my most fun of the four, and has my favorite combo in it:

Posted Image + Posted Image + Posted Image And sometimes Posted Image When needed. Inifnite mana / creatures / Artifact or Enchantment destruction, and inifinitely large Juniper Order Ranger.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

:hugs: If only MTG online was free, and you didn't have to rebuy cards you already had, we could have a MLPforums Magic night.

My current main deck, is a pure red Vampire deck.

Main cards:

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by Ice Storm

I've been playing MTG for about a year now. I prefer playing EDH/Commander over any of the other formats just because the variety is so vast.

I currently have built:

Ghave (WGB Tokens. Lots and lots of tokens.)

Doran the Seige Engine (Voltron :D)

Scion of the Ur-Dragon (Scion deck. Conspiracy Dragons <3)

The Mimeoplams (Control and Shenanigans)

Ghave is by far my most fun of the four, and has my favorite combo in it:

Posted Image + Posted Image + Posted Image And sometimes

Posted Image When needed. Inifnite mana / creatures / Artifact or Enchantment destruction, and inifinitely large Juniper Order Ranger.

You're thinking too small. Throw in a gravepact so everybody else has to sac all their creatures, and a falkenrath aristocrat or something for infinite life steal :)

My favorite EDH deck is Niv-Mizzet. All I do is draw cards and counter stuff. But with Nivvy, psychosis crawler, and bulwark, just drawing the cards at all makes me win :)

I also run ghave, and he is fun. But mine relies more on making a ton of token when I have things out that trigger when another created enters the battlefield or dies (like gravepact, aura shards, that sort of thing), so I'm getting all these effects happening that let me control the board. Then I start killing people with all my tokens. Also, do you run essence of the wild in that deck? You really should :)

I also love Animar EDH. I barely have any non-creatures in the deck, except for lands of course. There's something special about having a 27/27 pro black pro white with shroud on the field that let's me hardcast eldrazi for free :)

(edited)

You're thinking too small. Throw in a gravepact so everybody else has to sac all their creatures, and a falkenrath aristocrat or something for infinite life steal :)

My favorite EDH deck is Niv-Mizzet. All I do is draw cards and counter stuff. But with Nivvy, psychosis crawler, and bulwark, just drawing the cards at all makes me win :)

I also run ghave, and he is fun. But mine relies more on making a ton of token when I have things out that trigger when another created enters the battlefield or dies (like gravepact, aura shards, that sort of thing), so I'm getting all these effects happening that let me control the board. Then I start killing people with all my tokens. Also, do you run essence of the wild in that deck? You really should :)

I also love Animar EDH. I barely have any non-creatures in the deck, except for lands of course. There's something special about having a 27/27 pro black pro white with shroud on the field that let's me hardcast eldrazi for free :)

Haha, Gravepact is in the deck too, but It's not a primary search for card majority of the time. I'd do Falkenrath Aristocrat, but sadly Ghave doesn't have red :( I do enjoy Getting an Exsanguinate for 186 off of two lands though >.>

Also, just remembered another fun combo I just remembered I pulled off in a fun monowhite casual deck I threw together the other day:

Posted Image + Posted Image + Posted Image + Posted Image

Mirran Crusader with Celestial Mantle alone is just vicious. Throw in Lifelink and Pseudo lifelink (Paladin of Prahv's forecast isn't lifelink, and because of that, they do in fact stack.) so, at 40 life, swinging with Crusader once, if he gets through I'd end that turn at 256 life, since Celestial Mantle doubles my life twice for each double strike hit >.>

Edit for bad math and making card english >.<

Edited by Eavath

Did I say aristocrat? I meant falkenrath noble :P

I'm also running a lot of morbid cards in mine, since it's so easy to have something die in a ghave deck.

• 2 months later...
(edited)

I have a few decks I made. Haven't played or bought new cards in a while, seeing as how school made me broke.

Edited by Mint Petal

(edited)

I haven't bought any newer cards. Nor have I found anyone to play with in like...forever.

My favorite deck is my Artifact Only Deck. It's so fun.

Edited by Chigens

I haven't bought any newer cards. Nor have I found anyone to play with in like...forever.

My favorite deck is my Artifact Only Deck. It's so fun.

I like my artifact deck too. It's up there with my red/green deck on my favorites, but my all time favorite is my blue deck. :)

(edited)

I like my artifact deck too. It's up there with my red/green deck on my favorites, but my all time favorite is my blue deck. :)

It seems we share a common interest in cards...

My other favorite deck is my Blue one as well. I like it because of how annoying it is.

Edited by Chigens

It seems we share a common interest in cards...

My other favorite deck is my Blue one as well. I like it because of how annoying it is.

Is it a milling deck, by chance? :P

Stopped playing when I was a teenager. Loved my blue counter deck though :)

I love Duels of the Planeswalkers though, just got 2013 and am playing the shit out of it.

Is it a milling deck, by chance? :P

Hmm. It could be if I got the right cards. It's not centered around milling though.

It's mostly about my opponent not having any creatures or lands.

Hmm. It could be if I got the right cards. It's not centered around milling though.

It's mostly about my opponent not having any creatures or lands.

Posted Image

• 4 weeks later...

Just wondering how many of you play magic, it is one of my many hobbies. I have a pretty good collection but most of them are newer cards (M12 and up). I most recently acquired Avacyn, it is a pretty great card I also got Tibalt the fiend-blooded from the same fat pack I got my Avacyn from. I just played a whole bunch of magic with a friend today which got my mind on the subject of mtg. So, how about it? Anypony endeavor in some good old Magic the Gathering?

I stopped playing that a long time ago. But god did I love playing that game. I built up a hard to play deck full of artifacts and black's, and if played right whenever a artifact card was put into graveyard the opposing dealer dealt 1 damage. No one liked playing me. I loved it.

I'd like to play the digital version of the game, probably buy it in a heart beat, if it would allow custom built decks. Sadly it does not. Having high hopes for Mojangs Scroll game though.

I've got a black poison counter deck. (It kinda sucks though)

Also, I've only played about ten games. I'm kind of a noob. I wish there were a MtG Dueling Network.

I stopped playing that a long time ago. But god did I love playing that game. I built up a hard to play deck full of artifacts and black's, and if played right whenever a artifact card was put into graveyard the opposing dealer dealt 1 damage. No one liked playing me. I loved it.

I'd like to play the digital version of the game, probably buy it in a heart beat, if it would allow custom built decks. Sadly it does not. Having high hopes for Mojangs Scroll game though.

I have a lot of great decks, but the deck I use the most is my white/blue deck. It has Vensor's Journal in it which allows me to have a infinite hand size and gives me plus one life for every card in my hand at during my upkeep. I end up having like 67 life at the end of the duel.

Yeah i play, it my major scource of income actually,

I've got a black poison counter deck. (It kinda sucks though)

Also, I've only played about ten games. I'm kind of a noob. I wish there were a MtG Dueling Network.

Try mtgleague, and download magicworkstation, it's not exaclty noob friendly though :S