507 users have voted

1. 1. What browser do you use?

• Chrome
    • Firefox
    • Opera
    • Safari
    • Internet Explorer
    • Other

When I'm on my laptop, it's either Chrome or Firefox, depending on what I need to do. If something works on FF but not GC, I use FF, obviously. But Chrome is my main on my laptop. (I even went as far as deleting IE off of my HP laptop.)

But it's a hard choice, because a couple of weeks ago, I pretty much only used my iPad for teh interwebs, and I only have Safari on that...

Edited by Nightfall

Proud Internet Explorer user here. I tried using Chrome when I switched to my new computer but I found it unresponsive and with a tendency to randomly log me out of everything for no solid reason before asking to remember all my information for the tenth time. Call me old fashioned but I think I'll stick with what I know works.

• Brohoof 1

I use Chrome, but lately the pages have been unresponsive and I don't know why (I'm horrible with computers) So I use Firefox sometimes as well, but I prefer Chrome.

I use Chrome. It's the only browser that will even remotely work on my computer. I tried Firefox, but it froze up every time I went to a new page. I won't even dare to try Internet Explorer.

Edited by HylianMadness

my bf uses my computer sometimes to work from home and apparently firefox is the best browser for him to view his work in (he's a web designer). so that's what we use. i don't really notice much of a difference between that and safari, but he does.

I use Firefox. It has more customizability than other browsers (looking at your inability to customize the toolbar Chrome), has more add-ons (and the add-ons can do more stuff than Chrome), it released more stuff each version than Chrome, supports APNG, I prefer its developer tools over the webkit one (and it's being continually improved with almost every other version), and it has better CSS support (Webkit is the only rendering engine that isn't removing prefixes on gradients, transitions/animations, transformations, and calculations for example).

Proud Internet Explorer user here. I tried using Chrome when I switched to my new computer but I found it unresponsive and with a tendency to randomly log me out of everything for no solid reason before asking to remember all my information for the tenth time. Call me old fashioned but I think I'll stick with what I know works.

Firefox offers to save your passwords, and then only offers again if you login with a different password (logical) or a different account. You only logout if the cookies expire, which is the websites problem. I don't see why anyone would use IE (especially IE8 and below) when Firefox has add-ons, themes, actual web standards support, more tools, has releases sooner than a 2 year cycle that supports more Windows versions and doesn't require a computer restart to update, and isn't hated by everyone that knows about alternative browsers. Edited by RBDash
  • Brohoof 1

I use fire fox, but I have been looking at chrome thinking it may well be better ..

Why do people this chrome is better the Firefox ? Is there a massive difference or something?

I was always worried using chrome from all the data google collect on your browsing history :S

Edited by Happy Plant

I've been using Firefox for, like, seven years now. It works just fine for me! I have Google Chrome as well, but I have never been able to get into it. Probably particularly because I like having my own theme (persona) on Firefox.

I like using Chrome. It's fast, it's sandboxed, it has a PDF viewer, and I like the extensions (Though it won't let me install Moonlight because it's not from the store.)

I might suggest adding RockMelt to the list. Maybe there is actually someone in the world addicted enough to social networking sites to use it.

I started off with Internet Explorer and used it until 2010, when I switched to Google Chrome, which I used until February, due to Google's privacy policy, and the fact that this website was a bit broken on Chrome, So I use Firefox, which is easy to use, problem free, and fast, Chrome is overrated, IE sucks, Safari is overexaggerated by Apple fanboys, and I've never used Opera.

I use internet explorer. Problem? (Now I await the entire internet to come and attack me in my sleep.)

The problem is entirely yours, sir.

If you prefer to have a browser that is slower, less secure, crashes all the time and is not customizable then good for you!

I, for one, prefer Chrome. I like the speed, the simple design and the extensions. I've used Firefox for a while, but I've found Chrome to be faster and overall better for me.

The problem is entirely yours, sir.

If you prefer to have a browser that is slower, less secure, crashes all the time and is not customizable then good for you!

I, for one, prefer Chrome. I like the speed, the simple design and the extensions. I've used Firefox for a while, but I've found Chrome to be faster and overall better for me.

I'm used to this so much that it doesn't even bother me that much anymore.

Have used IE for 4 years now and will continue to do so until Microsoft (They make IE, right?) discontinues it

• Brohoof 1

I use Chrome. I used both Internet Explorer and Firefox but Chrome is the best. Explorer is too slow while I don't like Firefox, at, all. Chrome is just the best browser I ever used.

Chrome.

Chrome is fast, easy, and has tons of plugins and extensions. IE is just god awful. I never really tried anything else but Chrome suits me well.