507 users have voted

1. 1. What browser do you use?

• Chrome
    • Firefox
    • Opera
    • Safari
    • Internet Explorer
    • Other

I prefer to use firefox over google chrome or the chromium project. Firefox matches my system theme a lot better than what chrome does and I really don't feel there is much speed difference between the two anymore. Then again, I run nightly, so that might have an effect on my perception...

Edited by Celtore

I try to use Links as much as possible because I like using the Linux Terminal, but if I HAVE to see images, I'll just use Firefox.

I admit it, I use safari. Yes, I know I am a monster to man kind. Now I am going to go cry in a corner. :(

Do you think that's funny? To just, use Safari? You're sick.

Nah jk.

• Brohoof 2

I use Chrome, i used IE for a long time then one day it stopped working, loaded up Chrome and never used IE again. Just far better looking with far better features.

before i knew anything i always had used IE lol! then when i got a laptop i still used IE then i had a disscussion and there like why dont you try Chrome? i was confused and they told me about the wonders of Google Chrome and from there on i have not even touched IE well except for at work thats all they have to use :(

firefox. ive always used that for many many years, and when chrome came out, i was too lazy to move all my bookmarks and addons and stuff, and im still too lazy. besides, i like mozilla firefox's layout better.

Make fun of me if you will, but how come IE gets all this hate? It's fine for me. I feel like this is something common on the internet, but barely mentioned in real life :mellow:

meh, its all about personal preference. i personally dislike chrome, even though most people nowadays use it. chrome is too simple for me. i dont like the layout of IE, but thats just me

meh, its all about personal preference. i personally dislike chrome, even though most people nowadays use it. chrome is too simple for me. i dont like the layout of IE, but thats just me

I think one reason why I like IE so much is it's simplicity. Customization is something I do the background and icons, not to the broswer itself :)

I think one reason why I like IE so much is it's simplicity. Customization is something I do the background and icons, not to the broswer itself :)

thats true. i used IE before firefox, but never got into customization and such because i was too young. maybe if i tried IE again, i might like it ;)

• Brohoof 1

thats true. i used IE before firefox, but never got into customization and such because i was too young. maybe if i tried IE again, i might like it ;)

Most people would tell you otherwise :lol:. Then again, if I like it, or at least use it, and so do millions and millions of other people, then chances are, you'd like it, or AT LEAST tolerate it/get used to it.

Edited by akimBrony
  • Brohoof 1

I used Chrome since it was released, but just recently it started sending my CPU usage to 93-98%. Not sure why. I heard Chrome uses a lot of memory, but using up that kind of CPU is just unbelievable. Of course, no one else has this problem.

Anyway, I use Firefox. When I first started using it, Flash never worked at all, but somehow it just fixed itself. Sometimes I think my computer just likes to mess with me.

I use safari the most since I'm almost always on my iPad. When I'm on a laptop I use google chrome.

I don't always use a laptop for the Internet

But when I do, I use Google Chrome. Keep browsing, my friends.

I use Firefox for most stuff like browsing everyday sites, while I use Chrome for personal things. I also have Opera, but I don't use it much.

Make fun of me if you will, but how come IE gets all this hate? It's fine for me. I feel like this is something common on the internet, but barely mentioned in real life :mellow:

I have Mac, so I can't really comment on performance. But I can say with 100% certainty that IE has no add-ons, something that EVERY other major browser has.

But the real reason for me is because I'm a web developer. IE8 and below did not make any effort towards compatibility, and although IE9 made some improvements every other browser (even Safari) is still miles ahead. Want to make a simple background? Too bad, you will need to make an image because IE doesn't support gradients. Want to add a box shadow, round the corners of that element, have more than 1 image in the background, or use vectors (SVGs)? Too bad, half of IE users (IE8 and below) won't support it. Want to make a neat text shadow to improve the text? Too bad. Have a element that needs a transition when hovered, want to animate an element, or rotate/scale/manipulate an element in 3D? Too bad.

Yes, IE10 has these things, but Microsoft is still doing the stupid 2 year release cycle (Safari would be a lot better if they released every 3-6 months rather than 12). And it still doesn't support the WebM video format (Safari doesn't either, but Safari is not the pinnacle or browsers) or SVG animations (at least not according to caniuse). Want to see what you're missing? Click here. But don't go on it on IE!

• Brohoof 1

Firefox is the only browser that I'll use. I tried Chrome out awhile back but I'm too used to Firefox's layout. Internet Explorer seems to be extremely clunky and basically unusable to me.

Click here. But don't go on it on IE!

I was about to say "What the hell is that? Some sort of distorted flower?". Then read the text next to you, and I was like "Hehe".

Funny thing is, most of the things you mentioned in that paragraph, I don't even care for, nor do I tinker with. I guess I can give IE a new stereotype; "For the casual web surfers!", even though I'm on the laptop 24/7 :lol:

Edited by akimBrony

..Well Mozilla Firefox because it has everything Chrome has, looks better, has way more awesome addons and you can customize it was more than chrome.

oh and also, chrome gets errors and false virus warnings all the time >__>

Edited by Mr. Pillow

I usually use IE but I'm starting to use Mozilla Firefox. It's superior to IE in almost every way.

It looks better and has less bulky, more useful add-ons.

Edited by Kestrel