Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming The Blazblue Thread

Discordian

• 4 months later...
(edited)

Alright. As we've seen during the last 2 seasons, FiM is about solving problems without turning into jerks, friendship and bits of insanity here and there.

Blazblue is nothing like that (though the insanity part is present. Sweet CELESTIA is it present.)

Posted Image

Blazblue is the spiritual successor to Guilty Gear and is a fighting game. That game up there is the first of the series.

Posted Image

Here's the second game. But really, if you want Continuum shift, go for Extend since 1, 2 and Extend are the same games but Extend is more balanced and has all characters.

Now remember that part I said about insanity being present in this game? Yeah... Nearly everyone is insane there.

Posted Image

Jin Kisaragi: This game's asshole (made the trope picture here) and basically goes ax crazy whenever his brother appears. Next up:

Posted Image

Relius Clover and his wife Ignis. No. Seriously. That's his wife he's turned into a literal killing machine. He did the same thing to his daughter while his son was watching

Posted Image

Those 2.

He abandoned his work forcing that kid to finish the job.

Lastly:

Posted Image

Hazama AKA Yuki Terumi AKA the God of Trolls. He actually FEEDS off the hate of those around him to stay bound to that world! Needless to say, he's 1000X worse than Discord^Trollestia.

Posted Image

UMAD, Discord?

The game's awesome even when at times, your opponent just make you want to throw the controller through the TV screen.

Posted Image

I'M LOOKING AT YOU, NU!

Made popular through the drive specific for each characters (X for PS3 and Vita, A for Xbox360 and B for 3DS), Distortion drives (usually takes half the heat gauge), Astral finishes (imported from Guilty Gear which finishes the match) and of course

BANG!!!

Posted Image

(Not my main character.)

Actually, he's a lethal joke character but his hotbloodedness made him really popular. That and his FU-RIN-KA-ZAN distortion drive which basically makes him go super sayan and replaces whatever happens to be playing with this gem:

Actually starts 53 seconds in.

That guy is simply AWESOME! :wub:

Mostly because his belt makes me think of Kamen Rider.

Posted Image

HEN-SHIN!

Anyways,

DISCUSS!

EDIT: Forgot the openings:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uTyq_ry290

Arcade and actual openings.

Edited by Xidphel
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Dude, Ignis is hot. I think i have to play this game now.

Seriously, I'd hit that.

I would too.

That is I'd hit it to deactivate it assuming she works the same way as Nirvana. She's basically a robot.

Anyways:

BlazBRONY!

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVSgkObIxUc

Awesome crossover. Unfortunately, Continuum Shift doesn't have an opening for Blazbrony.

I can't really make vids but I still have a character sheet.

All characters in order of appearance in this vid:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9c19-lXO1A

Ragna the Bloodedge: Celestia

Hazama: Discord

Jin Kisaragi: Luna

Rachel Alucard: Rarity

Valkenhayn R. Hellsing: Spike

Noel: Fluttershy

Mu-12: Flutterbitch

Lambda-11: ??

Iron Tager: Big Mack

Kokonoe: Twilight Sparkle

Hakumen: NMM

Tsubaki Yayoi: ???

Taokaka: Pinkie

Bang Shishigami: ???

Arakune: Chrysalis

Litchi Faye-Ling: Cadence

Carl Clover/Nirvana: Scootaloo/Rainbow Dash

Relius/Ignis: ???/???

Makoto Nanaya: Applejack

Platinum: Sweetie Belle

Also:

Posted Image

I am the White Void. I am the Cold Steel. I am the Just Sword. With blade in hand shall I reap the chaos of this world, and cleanse it in the fires of friendship! I am Hakumare! The end has come!

Edited by Xidphel
  • Brohoof 1

• 8 months later...

This is pretty old news, but the next installment of Blazblue has been released in Japan arcades. Blazblue: Chrono Phantasma features changes to the overall system: guard primers are gone instead guard breaks are achieved by using crush triggers, an overdrive function has been added which replaces the gold burst, green bursts use the overdrive meter but still function the same.

New Characters:

Amane Nishiki

post-11395-0-08350800-1365090085_thumb.jpg

Bullet

post-11395-0-67592000-1365090153_thumb.jpg

Azreal

post-11395-0-03470200-1365090190_thumb.jpg

Izayoi

post-11395-0-04981000-1365090290_thumb.jpg

and here's some info on their playstyles taken from Dustloop's wiki:

• Amane: A man dressed in a pink kimono and scarf seeking to add Carl to his traveling troupe.
    • His Drive attacks turn his scarf into a drill that does lots of chip damage. Using the drill more levels it up, where it does more chip damage, but overusing it causes it to be temporarily disabled and reduced to its lowest level.
    • He is also able to attack long range with his scarf and can cancel many of his attacks into a command jump. Amane's gameplan is to harass the opponent with his long range attacks, then knock them down and lay a drill on top of the opponent, doing massive chip damage or draining nearly all of the opponent's Barrier Gauge.
  • Bullet: A mercenary with golden gauntlets who has a past with Sector Seven.
    • Bullet's Drive creates a ring around her; if the opponent is within this ring, she can instantly dash towards the opponent and perform an attack/throw. Hitting the opponent this way levels up her Drive, giving her attacks additional properties as well as increasing the range of her homing ring. However some of her stronger attacks level down her Drive.
    • Bullet's playstyle is a rushdown/grapler hybrid. Her gameplan is to use her Drive to fly at the opponent from varying angles and allow her to strike or throw the opponent,
  • Azrael: A man who works with Sector Seven and only cares about fighting.
    • Azrael's Drive attacks apply one of two marks to the opponent on hit. Certain attacks gain special properties when they hit certain marks (wallbounce, unblockable, etc.). The mark disappears after hitting the opponent, but can be reapplied in the same combo.
    • Azrael's gameplan is to quickly move into striking range, apply a mark, then perform strong combos that also reapply the mark to keep the pressure up.
  • Izayoi: Tsubaki Yayoi awakening the power sealed within her weapon (which is named Izayoi).
    • Izayoi's Drive allows her to change between normal and Gain Art modes. During Gain Art mode, Izayoi's D specials become available at the cost of stocks, and her Dashes and C normals change.
    • Her gameplan revolves around using normal mode to generate stocks, and then switching into Gain Art to mount an offense and increase her overall damage. Making use of each mode correctly is the key to victory.

• Brohoof 1

Just gotta say that I love the characters in this game. no one is safe from the over the top antics, both comical and action based. I can not wait for the North American release. Though I will regretably have to wait longer for the envitable EXTEND or special rerelease.

More characters = more story arcs

more story arcs = deeper look into the continuity

finely crafted continuity = awesome

Yes, I can't wait to play the new Rachel. Level 2 j2c combos are pretty rare now but those ground combos give plenty of time for wind regen which is really nice. More wind = more instant overheads, my favorite biggrin.png.

And Nu's back! I missed Nu so much with her sexual innuendos and yandereness wub.png . I'll have to pick her back up now. "Don't wanna talk, hm? Perhaps you'll open up after something a bit more physical"

I can say I was a very very good litchi player on Calamity Trigger hell if you guys still play that one I will love to give you a beat with matenbou. Sadly for me the sequels, updates or whatever they are changed so much of my character and now I dont have enough time to invest in this game. 

im Colt_MX on psn if someone wants to go HYPE aganinst me btw

I remember I used to have this game for the PSP. I would always play as Noel and sometimes as Rachel. I kinda miss it :( I wish I had the PS3 version.

(edited)

This is a thread a friend of mine the forums would love :Mistunmerry. I am going to let him know bout this :3. I really want to check this game out now and I'll possibly be getting this real soon.

I'm always watching. I'm always waiting. I'm always lurking.

@ Xidphel

You make a point to state that insanity is heavy in this game as soon as you open it up but you mention BANG but no Arakune?

What is wrong with you, Dude. That guy is by far the best example you can give to the games case of having madness rule within it.

For any of you who don't know who Arakune is within this game.

blazblue_chrono_phantasma_arakune_by_k66

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfQT80OD-pM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgN3SlFtfKM

Arakune: Arakune or rather Carmine, is an blob of unknown super natural liquid that hosts itself to the bodies of a thousands insects both foreign and strange to the known and mundane, it also utilizes them as a defense and in fact display the ability to control them if he can magically curse his enemies. Capable of total morphic abilities to the point  hardening and softening  along with the gift of teleportation and producing extra skeletal limbs out of nothing. 

Originally a scientist working under a genius and gifted master he became obsessed with the azure and his fixation on it led him to crossing the boundry-the after life- the result is that his body and mind have totally eroded. Arakune insanity knows very little bounds to the point that his memory has been shattered, forgetting face and names or places and when he recalls them it is common for him to forget important facts to it later. His obsession of the Azure has totally eaten his focus along with his random mood swings of mania and he expresses his release by screams and laughter mostly. Marginally unable to communicate due to Word salading-where insanity cause incoherent speech patterns- to a point that it literally slices chunks out of his words although unlike word salading he clearly understands the word he is using and is using them in correct order...though he still makes little sense.  

------------------------------------ But in Chrono Phantasma. Arakune regains enough sanity to talk clearly although what he is saying is still obviously psychotic and delusioned. He works for Relius although his theme is pretty interesting and moves from fear to more heroic yet still somewhat heavy, it has a lot of long strings and tense moments as if he traveling thru long hallways. I think personally that Arakune despite doing evil may be battling his madness and trying to find his way but his single minded psychosis may blanket over that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1z9o-6mK5Q

Knowing me. You did post arakune and I missed it despite reading the post a few times.

Edited by MiStErUnMeRry
  • Brohoof 2

• 3 weeks later...

Since this is the thread for this kind of stuff, I thought I'd update something real quick.

In addition to the new characters added on for the arcade version, console releases will be seeing two more characters:

Kagura Mutsuki, Ibukido's officer of the NOL (with a hidden agenda)

Kagura_Mutsuki_%28Chronophantasma%2C_Cha

And Yuki Terumi, one of the Six Heroes and true form of Hazama.

Yuuki_Terumi_%28Chronophantasma%2C_Chara

Also, just a guess, considering there's a definitive "final boss theme" in Chronophantasma, I'm willing to bet that Terumi's theme'll be "Endless Despair II."

BB:CP is set to release in Japan for the PS3 on October 24. Other release dates are unknown.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

Arc System Works released a little trailer showcasing some Terumi and Kagura action. Check it out:

Not the best quality for one reason or another but still...

The bit at the end was a teaser for the anime set to debut this autumn.

• 3 weeks later...
(edited)

Oh, Aksys games finally made their announcement that they're bringing BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma over to the US. It's also, without a doubt, only coming to the PS3. It'll arrive next year. They showed a trailer at E3 but it's not exactly new. Here it is anyway:

The wait is killing me, but it will be worth it in the end.

Also, it's kinda off topic and old news, but Arc System Works is developing a new Guilty Gear. I just thought I'd mention it in case anybody was interested in Guilty Gear but missed the news. It's called Guilty Gear Xrd Sign.

Edited by MuteMutt

• 2 months later...

This thread is probably dead, but I thought I would just tell anyone that KOKONOE has been announced as a playable character.

I was just back here to say that too...

Stole my thunder...

Anyway I'm really surprised. I love Kokonoe and all, I just never expected she would make it into this game at this point in time. I wonder what her drive is. Apparently the 9/26 issue of Famitsu should have an article with some juicy info.

In one of the screen shots it looks like she has a distortion with a gigantic Tager firing lazers :o. And a she has a freeze ray and some kind of small robot thing. 

• 2 months later...

So I couldn't wait any longer; I ended up importing a copy of the game and I'm playing it right now. Getting the DLC characters might be a little more troublesome now but getting the game early is a worthy price.

I doubt anyone else here got Blazblue Chronophantasma, but if you did, go ahead and add me. PSN is Mutemutt.

Edited by Mutemutt

• 4 months later...

Epic triple post of justice! Live, damn you, live!!!

Just making one more (and probably last, if no one else responds) post to say that the game's out in North America now. I've already got the JP version, but I'll pick up the NA version to hear that English voice acting in the story. 

And remember, if you're looking for someone to play against online, I'm up for it.

I'm Mutemutt, and this has been a public service announcement. 

I honestly don't recall ever making this thread. LOL

I've played both CT and CSE now. I haven't finished the story in CSE but I love this series. Probably more than Guilty Gear but I still haven't played more than one game in that series so that's not saying much. :P