Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Legend of Zelda Disscusion Thread

1Fluttershy

Either Twilight Princess or A Link To The Past.

Puppet Zelda

Fi, Midna

Turning into a bunny in LTP

Hookshot/clawshot(s), heart containers

So many. Battle screen in Zelda 2. Every song in TP. The music played when you follow Fi in SS; Fi's theme in SS. Lost woods theme in LTP.

Honestly don't have a least favorite of anything. I'm a Zelda fanboy...

• 4 weeks later...

.:Legend of Zelda:.
Posted Image

I made this group just kinda cause I saw no other, and there needs more Zelda love. So, welcome! We discuss about the Legend of Zelda series. One of the top franchises of Nintendo, It's a action, puzzle, adventure, exploration, RPG, story-line type of game, and It's all about fantasy. Slay monsters, explore a vast land, discover It's secrets, ect...

What should you post? Well, anything Legend of Zelda! No member joining! Just post! make sure though you are still obliging by the site rules.

Don't really know Zelda? Want to learn more about it? Go here!

Posted Image

• Brohoof 6

Ah Zelda...  sweet sweet Zelda... I JUST LOVE IT SO MUCH!

Though, IMO I think the Zelda series is losing its glory because of the Wii and soon, the Wii U.

Motion Gaming kills it for me.

I will always love all Zelda games though.

My Favorite has to be Ocarina of time, I started playing it when I was 2 years old.

• Brohoof 3

I love this series.  I spent my entire summer playing Twilight Princess, and I'm always looking to expand my Zelda collection.  I'm getting Skyward Sword too, and I can't wait.  

• Brohoof 1

I love the whole series. I remember when I was younger playing Wind Waker alone in my room in the dark when I should have been asleep. Posted Image

Has anyone else noticed that Link is a huge dick? I mean he destroys random peoples pots for no reason and then steals their money...

But The Legend of Zelda is my favourite series Nintendo has produced and one of my favourites of all time. ;)

Edited by Lightning Fluttershy
  • Brohoof 1

I've played damn near every single one and loved them all (although i thought Skyward Sword was kinda meh)  Ocarina of Time is still the best....EXCEPT FOR THAT FUCKING WATER TEMPLE!

• Brohoof 1

I've played damn near every single one and loved them all (although i thought Skyward Sword was kinda meh)  Ocarina of Time is still the best....EXCEPT FOR THAT FUCKING WATER TEMPLE!

Ah yes... the infamous water temple.. though i always enjoy fighting dark link.

But you know... the Majoras Mask water temple is much... much worse.

Spweaking of Majoras Mask,, Im playing it right now.

I remember when I first got my NES when I was but a wee lad. The very first game I got was Legend of Zelda. (mostly because of the shiny cartridge, but hey I was young!) When I finnally finished the game, I knew that I had fallen in love with the franchise. Just a few days ago I got the new Wii U. I am basically foaming at the mouth in anticipation to play Zelda in glorious HD!

Also, the 3DS remake of Ocarina of Time was freaking amazing! I can only hope that Majora's Mask gets the same treatment.

• Brohoof 1

Also, the 3DS remake of Ocarina of Time was freaking amazing! I can only hope that Majora's Mask gets the same treatment.

I actually didnt like the remake... I despise the enhanced graphics of my most vherished game. i think it is perfect in its 64 bit form. As for waiting for the Wii U game... i am sure it will just be another dissapointment from nintendo. I am not saying that Skyward sword was a bad gamr, I just really hate motion gaming. and touch screen things too...

I think any gamer that have get in touch with it has a Master Sword atached to his/her heart. The games have an amazing way to catch your mind into them and some of the greatest moments in gaming I, and any gamer, have expecienced are inside a Zelda game.

Music is just part of the same story and a important part. All of us have a favorite Zelda tune that hits that spot with magic, for me is Geruto Valley in particular the one from Hyrule Symphony that piece is so amazing it got my GF into Zelda 4 real.

So to end this ill share with you guys the light that guard my dreams: =D

Posted Image

Music is just part of the same story and a important part. All of us have a favorite Zelda tune that hits that spot with magic, for me is Geruto Valley in particular the one from Hyrule Symphony that piece is so amazing it got my GF into Zelda 4 real.  

I agree, Music is a very important part of Zelda to me.  And I also like that song in particular, though I prefer the actual Gerudo Valley theme song from Ocarina Of Time.
  • Brohoof 1

Great series of games, even though the timeline is so screwed up.

My favorite has got to be either 2, a Link to the Past, Twilight Princess, or Skyward sword.

• Brohoof 1

Great series of games, even though the timeline is so screwed up.My favorite has got to be either 2, a Link to the Past, Twilight Princess, or Skyward sword.

I prefer not to think that there is a timeline. Rather that these are all just different stories,   I also do not agree whatsoever with the official timeline.

I have to say Zelda is one of the bast game series out there. I have not played a bad one yet here is my list from most favorite to favorite.

1: Skyward Sword (The story in this game is so good, Best villain in a Zelda game ever he gave me the hebejebes)

2: Ocarina of Time (I now own three copy's of this game, two bonce discs and 3DS update)

3: Majority Mask (First Zelda game I ever bought with my own money)

4: Link to the past (Never beat it but got most of the way through the dark world)

5: Twilight Princes (Played the hack out of this game on my Wii)

6: Wind Waker (I loved the sailing in this game so much)

7: Minish Cap (Still need to finish this one, but I love the way it plays, the GBA was such a good hand held well the SP anyway.)

Well that my top 7 at any rate though as I type this I would like to also say I really like the DS games as well have both in fact.

And yes the music is so good in these games I love the lost words theme from OoT. I had that on lop for like a week once.

And the time line is not that bad it leaves a lot open for future games to take place. I my self think it works rather well for having to work the first games in to it.

• Brohoof 1

I prefer not to think that there is a timeline. Rather that these are all just different stories,   I also do not agree whatsoever with the official timeline.

You know, I always liked to imagine that each game was just a different person's version of the story. Sort of like how famous stories in real life have different versions depending on the region or person. But alas, people want a concrete timeline. I don't mind the timeline, I just thought that the idea of stories would've been so awesome in the "didn't expect that" sort of way.

• Brohoof 1

JESUS i want to play skyward sword right now. literally everyone i know says its amazing^^ ive been in need of a motion plus controller for a while now XD

AAnyway, glad to see a zelda topic arise- one of my fave series^^

Favourite zelda game? probably either zelda 2, or majoras mask. leaning towards MM actually XD

Majora's had such a dark and ominous story, and the feeling you get when you only have 3days until apocalypse XD and to top it off, it was pretty difficult.

Wind waker was another favourite for me, though it took me SUCH a loong time to beat(mainly due to the trifoce shards XD)

• Brohoof 3

Ocarina of Time Majora's Mask Wind Waker A Link to the Past Twilight Princess

After Ocarina of time and majoras mask, all those games together are tied for third place in my book.

Though, sadly, I can no longer play twilight princess. Due to my sisters not taking care of my Gamecube discs when I let them use it.

It eas damaged beyond repair.  And forget about the Wii version (which I have)  I am unable to play it because of the controls AND the fact that it is mirrored. Once you play and beat a game over 17 times, you just dont like those kind of changes.

Well... Who could forget the so legendary The Legend of Zelda?

Oh, look. I am playing Wind Waker right now. And I have all of the tLoZ games. ALL but Four Swords adventures. It was part of my childhood, although Metroid is still competing with tLoZ in my main and favourite game.

Dear sweet Celestia, this topic is Red Hot! biggrin.png

It brings *sniff* tears to my eyes to know that Zelda is still so popular! You guys are the bomb!

I can't choose my favorite games... It's always either Twilight Princess or Ocarina of Time. They... just have really special places in my heart... and all these years... I still can't CHOOSE! XC

Well, me? What have I played? Pretty much every game. But just played. Haven't really beaten half of them...

Hmm... about Skyward Sword...

Well, It's definitely in my top four, next to Wind Waker o' course, but I just found several things that bugged me about it. (Please don't hate me...)

- Link's Voice Acting - It's really... silly... compared to other games of course.

- I kind of like the old fashioned order of provinces that are based of the 'Golden Godesses'. El-'Din', fire, I get it; 'Faro(re)'n, forest, yes, but La'Nayru'... electricity? Desert? I thought she had a theme of water? Huh?

- Some of the items were silly to. A dust blower? WTF?

- Robots? And this is the first of the 'time-line'? Zelda has a old-fashioned, mid-evil kind-of style to it, not a 'futuristic' theme. As far as I'm concerned, this is smack-dab into the past...

Hmm... I'm done complaining now.

Here, havez PICTURE:

tumblr_m2plrzhDiA1qf47sno1_1280.jpg

Edited by IncognitoKiwoy

• 3 months later...

Lately I've been in an absolute spree of Zelda games.  Namely, I've been replaying Twilight Princess and Wind Waker, playing Skyward Sword for my first playthrough, and trudging through Ocarina of Time: Master Quest on the 3DS. 

Progress in Wind Waker, I've just gotten past the Earth Temple once again, no real difficulties thus far other than getting ahead of myself and perhaps forgetting one or two things when my mind gets ahead of itself.  Fiddling with the controls quite often when trying to get Medli to cooperate with me was a bit of a task though.  Nevertheless, next stop; Wind Temple, a temple I recall having a couple difficulties in navigation with during my first playthrough many years ago.  After the Wind Temple is likely when I will begin collecting every item and sidequest and such, something of a tradition I have for Zelda games are to make sure I complete everything before moving on to finish the story.

In Twilight Princess, things are also going smoothly with minimal delays in completing temples, I've just completed Arbiter's Grounds once again, having got lost for a good 10 minutes because I overlooked something very simple.  Next stop; Snowpeak Temple which I recall being the more difficult of all the Twilight Princess dungeons.  Mainly due to the gauntlet of enemies and confusing layout, easy for me to get lost in.  My progress in sidequests for Twilight Princess this time is rather lagged to be honest, been too excited about the juicy temples and such to bother with pieces of heart and sidequests.

I picked up my 3DS and have been giving Master Quest another go, this being my first time attempting the Master Quest version of Ocarina of Time.  It's definitely been pretty tricky, but as I've progressed I've begun to get used to all the curve-balls MQ throws at you and recognizing its patterns.  Its most common tactic seems  to be clipping switches and torches into walls, ceilings and floors so that they're nigh impossible to see.  The Fire Temple, Bottom of the Well, and the Shadow Temple have so far been my biggest headaches.  I'm still currently on the Shadow Temple and more recently turned around and went to get the Ice Arrows from the Gerudo Fortress to take a break from failing miserably in the shadows.  Then I notice they made the Gerudo trials for the Ice Arrows infinitely more difficult in MQ so I've taken a break there too :P

For Skyward Sword, I'm at the endgame, I'm at the period in which I run about, collecting everything before completing the story, 19 hearts so far and only 2-3 more pieces of heart left.  It's been a lot of fun and I can safely call the Ancient Cistern one of my favourites along with the Lanayru Mining Facility.  I won't go into too much detail because of how spoiler-ific the story is for the lore of LoZ.  What I can say, is that SS has been a blast.

I lent my copy of Majora's Mask to a friend a little while ago and ever since I've regretted it because I of course have been having the strongest of urges to play it.  I'm very very hyped to play it again because I barely used it when I was younger due to the time constraint of three days, darker themes, higher difficulty and simply me not being interested at the time.  Suddenly I'm extremely excited to get started with it after I get it back tomorrow when I go out for lunch~

I also would like to give Minish Cap another playthrough, but I can't seem to find it for the life of me.  It'll turn up eventually.

• Brohoof 4

ohey, I remember this thread

I haven't done much in the way of Zelda gaming lately (been meaning to finish Skyward Sword, but lent my Wii to my parents :V), but I did recently attend Portland's Symphony of the Goddesses concert, and purchased Hyrule Historia. Additional merchandise may be acquired in the near future. :3