• I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

(edited)

https://mlpforums.com/calendar/event/134-%7B%3F%7D/?module=events

Title: Feeling Pinkie Keen
Air Date: February 11, 2011
Synopsis: Amazed with Pinkie Pie's ability to predict the future, Twilight Sparkle follows her around in order to uncover the source of her incredible abilities.

Mine would have to be when Twilight's in the bath and she finds out there was an alligator in the tub with her :D Edited by DashForever

To be honest it's hard to pick a favorite part, there are just some many funny parts in that episode, like in the end when her tail is twitching and celestial comes out of nowhere! And spike is all twitchy tail O.O lol

• Brohoof 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, CD needs to work on his editing skills. :P

Oh well, it's ok CD. :)

Anyway, way back in the day, this was my favorite episode. However, because of debates about it, I stopped liking it.

Also it was the very first instance of fan service. Derpy having Derped eyes...again. So every brony basically cheered.

I'm not going to get into a debate about the moral. Though, I will say I think i heard the moral, the exact moral I might add, before.

• Brohoof 1

I don't know how you guys interpreted this episode, but I thought this episode basically just preached to viewers of the high standards of believing in some sort of religion without questioning it's true motives or it's ideals. It's basically kind of brainwashing those who have that aspect of freewill and who dare question what these ideals can do to such a personality who's a member of said group.

Throughout the entire episode, Twilight is wrong, even with science. Yet, Pinkie Pie seems to have some unknown phenomena to have her predict events in the future, and they always come true. That's kind of like putting religion on a high pedestal and making agnostics/atheists look like the fools in this scenario. I think that's totally wrong and not the sort of message FiM should truly spread. I would have enjoyed the episode more if there was an equal opportunity at both sides of science and faith having a chance to prove their believability. To me, this episode was nothing but just shoving religion down your throats and basically telling you that if you don't believe anything in the world, then you're a misunderstood individual.

• Brohoof 1

I don't know how you guys interpreted this episode, but I thought this episode basically just preached to viewers of the high standards of believing in some sort of religion without questioning it's true motives or it's ideals. It's basically kind of brainwashing those who have that aspect of freewill and who dare question what these ideals can do to such a personality who's a member of said group.Throughout the entire episode, Twilight is wrong, even with science. Yet, Pinkie Pie seems to have some unknown phenomena to have her predict events in the future, and they always come true. That's kind of like putting religion on a high pedestal and making agnostics/atheists look like the fools in this scenario. I think that's totally wrong and not the sort of message FiM should truly spread. I would have enjoyed the episode more if there was an equal opportunity at both sides of science and faith having a chance to prove their believability. To me, this episode was nothing but just shoving religion down your throats and basically telling you that if you don't believe anything in the world, then you're a misunderstood individual.

I for one actually very much enjoyed this episode's message, and thought it was both thought-provoking and rare to see in a childrens show these days. I did not feel that it was being preachy; yes, was Pinkie's Pinkie-sense a real thing in their world? Yes. Do I believe that the Christian beliefs that I hold as true are true? Yes. However, I don't think that the message of this episode was that religious beliefs should simply be accepted. Rather, the message was that not everything can be explained by science (the opposite message, that everything can be explained by science, is oftentimes unfortunately a message that one frequently sees in childrens shows these days), that for some beliefs, the best you can truly do in the end is have faith in them. That's not to say that history can't support certain religious faiths, in particular, the factuality of many of the historical events related in the Bible, but in the end, the base of every religious belief is faith, and the same can be said for Twilight's belief in the end in Pinkie's Pinkie-sense. Despite the fact that she can't explain it, she simply has to have faith in it that it is real, since, well, it is (which, again, as I said, is somewhat different from religious faith, because no one can ever definitively, 100% confirm the factuality of his/her religious beliefs, no matter how strong his/her faith is in their religious beliefs), and this teaches her that some things cannot be explained, but simply can only be supported by faith, which I for one think is a valuable lesson for children. http://mlpforums.com/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/smile.pngAside from this episode's theme, Twilight and Pinkie were hilarious in this episode, the Hydra scene was an extremely cool creature and action scene in Season 1, and this episode had one of the first (and still one of the funniest) Derpy Hooves' cameos and comic-gags!!! http://mlpforums.com/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/happy.png Edited by Batbrony
  • Brohoof 6

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You know, other than Twilight, Pinkie is practically the most scientifically-achieving pony that we actually know of in the show.

She made that Da Vinci-like flying contraption in "Griffon the Brush-off", and drew the parasprites away in "Swarm of the Century".

And "Giggle at the Ghosties" indicates that she was raised to not be clouded by emotions and see past superstitions.

And Rarity worships the stars at the beginning of "A Dog and Pony Show". So yeah.

So, what do you mean, the message is controversial? It could be referencing something else, like a physically-occuring phenomena on our Earth, which Pinkie Sense is on their world; it is a physically-occurring phenomena that has repeated consistency. And even if they find out more about what causes it, that would not make the phenomena false unless it was proved to be some sort of trick or mistake.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Excellent episode. There seems to be some dispute over what this episode's lesson is, so I'll offer my take, as best I can:

This episode's lesson is that: truth is not dependent upon our ability to understand it. Some people interpret this episode as an endorsement of belief based on blind faith, with no reason at all behind it. That's not true. Twilight has a reason to believe that the Pinkie Sense is real. Everytime it happens, Pinkie's predictions come true. That's a reason. And just because Twilight doesn't understand how the Pinkie Sense works, doesn't mean it doesn't work. I drive a car but I don't know how all of it works. I don't know how the battery relates to the combustion engine or how the transmission relates to the motor...but I know my car can get me from point A to point B if I need it to. That's what this episode is trying to explain.

And it's not like the mystery will never be solved. Maybe in the future they'll know what causes the Pinkie Sense. Maybe they could investigate Pinkie's body and find some sort of heightened sensing ability?

Also I detest atheism/secularism so the fact that this episode has the Richard Dawkins fans all irritated and upset is amusing to me. Here's a hint: if the moral of the episode is offensive to you, you're probably the type of person who would benefit from it the most.

• Brohoof 2

• 5 weeks later...
(edited)

The Hydra head that is trying to go along with whatever the other heads are doing! Hilarious!

I totally agree with NomDeSpite's view on the lesson of the episode.

Edited by Crimzo
  • Brohoof 2