5. Rainbow Dash

6. Applejack

1. Fluttershy

2. Rainbow Dash

3. Rarity

4. Pinkie Pie

5. Applejack

6. Twilight

The last 4 change all the time. I just can't decide. All of them have different traits that make them great characters in my eyes. :)

Pones go from top to bottom

Twily: Power, magic, doubt, insomnia, fancy nerdomancy!

Flutts: Nature is indeed cute and fascinating.

AJ: Anypony named after a strong alcoholic beverage with good right wing convictions is a pony I can get behind.

Spike: Great and Honorable Mr. the Dragon is just too brave and glorious to pass.

RD: Too awesome, cool, and radical, but not nearly badass enough.

Rarara: Fancy ladies were never my cup of tea. Their world is an illusion.

Ponk: Such personalities annoy me.

• Brohoof 1

1.Fluttershy- so cute and innocent

2.Rarity- I love how she's into fashion

3.Applejack- I LOVE her accent and the way she talks

4.Pinkie- Who doesn't like pinkie pls?

5.Rainbow Dash- She's cool but tooo cocky for my liking

6.Twilight Sparkle- Complete know it all and she undeniably sucks up to Celestia it's so annoying. With that being said, she is a rational thinker and she's been growing on me lately.

1. rainbow dash

Love her, love her, love her. Lots of chemistry, Funny, energetic, and great color scheme and personality.

2. Rarity

She's always good for a laugh, she has some incredible episodes, and overall a great pony. Originally thought I would hate her when I first saw her since the "bitchy fashion "friend" that everyone hates" cliche is one that i hate, but she turned out to be a subversion of all fashion character cliches.

3. Fluttershy

Really nice character, can't help but love her general care for others, REALLY good chemistry with RD, and she's got some incredibly moe expressions.

4. Applejack

Good character, lots of potential, but the writers sadly focus too much on Granny smith or AB in her episodes instead of HER. We need more episodes like fall weather friends, over a barrel and Mane attraction, less leap of faith.

5. Pinkie

Eh... She can be good, but too often the writers default to Spongebob idiot humor. Pinkie is best when they focus on how, despite being goofy, she CARES about others and helping them and that's her one true goal in life. It also helps when they show that, despite her zaniness, she has logic to her actions, its just her OWN logic.

6. Twilight sparkle

UGH. I liked her at first in S1. I would often say to myself "you know, less talented writers would try to overfocus on her or play up her magic as this uber super powerful chosen one BS and focus everything around her". She was slightly bitchy while still being funny, and that fact that she was VERY fallible and subject to being grouchy and prideful made her really good for humor and reacting to situations.

NOW.... They've basically thrown all that out the window, erased all the flaws that made her enjoyable, and made her a bland paragon who's there to give speeches. Bleh, you're lucky if the finales even include the others instead of being a twilight sparkle solo power hour.

-10000/10.

• 1 year later...

1. Rainbow Dash

20% cooler. Duhh best pony

Make your internet connection 20% faster with this simple trick

2. Pinkie Pie

Partaaaaaaahy lol

Party in a box!

3. Rarity

Bad rarity episode? never heard of one.

Rarity's 50th new store

4. Twilight

Only the main character of the show. Magaics powefulll

Link of a sad forgotten main character dethroned by starlight.

5. Applejack

Apples apples apples apples.

Apples

6. Fluttershy

She is shy pony. Pony es muy shy. 

Click me. unless you don't want to......

Edited by Firedog
  • Brohoof 1

1.) Applejack - Always been my fav idk why.

2.) Rainbow Dash - Always thought she was cool

3.) Fluttershy - Such a cutie

4.) Pinkie Pie - I love how she tries to make everypony smile

5.) Twilight - I dont hate twilight i just like the others more XD

6.) Rarity - I've never cared for Rarity. I do like some of her episodes but I just can't like a bunch her since I don't care for fashion.

1. Twilight - Always had the most relatable personality for me. Same sort of introvertedness, same anxiety, same geeky tendencies...

2. Fluttershy - SHE'S SO CUTE! And I have always been the really introverted type so episodes like Hurricane Fluttershy and Putting Your Hoof Down are some of my favorites.

3. Pinkie Pie - What can I say? Yet another master of cuteness who is easily the most joyful cartoon character I've ever seen. Love her randomness and sense of humor.

4. Rarity - In the beginning of my time as a brony, I never thought I'd get into Rarity episodes (since she's a fashionista) but she's always so well written and adorable. Nice to see her achieving her dreams more and more every season.

5. Rainbow Dash - It's not that I don't like Dashie. I do. But I don't know, she's still prone to episodes where she appears to regress back to her more arrogant Season 1 self. Not to mention, Top Bolt is the only Wonderbolt episode I really like, because Dashie isn't turned into a laughing stock.

6. Applejack - Again, I do like AJ, but she's changed the least since the series began. I adore her personality, but there just hasn't been a real character arc for her.

• Brohoof 2

1. Rarity - At this point I find her to be the most consistently entertaining character to watch, and I really enjoy her character arc and her business ambitions. Plus, the show's gotten better at showcasing her generosity, which is genuinely lovely.

2. Rainbow Dash - At best, one of the show's more complex characters. Inconsistent, but the combination of her strong character arc, her high ambitions, and her generally charismatic demeanour do a lot to endear her to me.

3. Twilight Sparkle - Gets by on momentum from earlier seasons, where I once considered her the most relatable character. At least half of her character traits are easy for me to identify with. Too bad she's become boring lately.

4. Pinkie Pie - Her sheer energy is something I find adorable. I nearly always find her funny and adorable, and better yet, recent seasons have toned down her eccentricity significantly. Her excitement tends to come from grounded places lately, and that makes her even better.

5. Fluttershy - Season 6 made me like her again. I like how she's able to assert herself without losing her caring nature, although a large part of that might just be the novelty of her acting different and learning different lessons for once in the show's run.

6. Applejack - Solid as a supporting character, and has more depth than people realize. Usually not terribly exciting to watch as a focus character, though, and it's a shame, because I don't see why she couldn't be.

• Brohoof 2

• 3 years later...

1. Rainbow Dash because she's so loyal, cute, awesome, cool and can be funny at times.                                                                                                                                                              2. Pinkie Pie Because she's so funny and i love her personality (Forgot to mention i love RD's personality aswell) and pinkie is also so adorable.                                                                      3. Twilight Because she is such a great leader and main character and has some of the funniest faces in the show.                                                                                                                      4. Fluttershy. I do like her, but not like the other 3, though fluttershy is alot cuter then the other's, and she's really kind, which is what i love about her.                                                                5. Applejack. I don't really like applejack, i guess i dislike her, she's just not really interesting to me, though she does deserve more love then all of the other ponies.                                        6. Rarity. I just HATE and when i say HATE i mean HATE rarity, yes hate is a strong word, but i really do hate her, she's really selfish at times, like in sleepless in ponyville she literally made sweetie belle carry everything and the poor filly was literally struggling and sweating. Edit: Omg, my thing didnt turn out how i wanted it to.. ill just explain it again just no reason why i love/hate them. 1. rainbow dash. 2. pinkie 3. twilight. 4. fluttershy 5. applejack 6. rarity

Edited by ilovedashiemlp

1. Fluttershy (She has my favorite personality out of them all. Her shyness and anxiety is relatable to me, and her stride to become more brave and assertive is inspiring. Plus, she has a great design and is super cute.)
  2. Rainbow Dash (Since the beginning she's stuck out as cool to me. Her amazing flight skills and fun tomboyish personality are great aspects about her. Plus, her design is just epic!)
  3. Pinkie Pie (She is just so fun and sporadic, I love that about her. She always seems to make me laugh, which I'm thankful for.)
  4. Twilight Sparkle (Before alicornship, she was #3, but she moved down after becoming an alicorn. She was just very cute and dorky.)
  5. Rarity (Not the most interesting to me, but she has her moments here and there. I'm not to crazy about her design, but it sure fits her.)
  6. Applejack (She's alright, but nothing much stands out about her, to me. She's just not the most interesting.)

These ranking have stayed pretty consistent throughout the years. The only big change was Twilight moving down from third to forth. I just much preferred her before she became an alicorn.

• Brohoof 2

• 11 months later...

My favorite members of the Mane 6 in order are:

1. Twilight Sparkle

2. Rarity

3. Applejack

4. Pinkie Pie

5. Fluttershy

6. Rainbow Dash 

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

1. Rarity: Easily the most. consistent character. She had a consistent arc that wasn't disappointing and generally had an entertaining personality with enough depth to carry a story. The decline of the show didn't her as hard as it hit the others, despite being pretty weak in the final season.

2. Rainbow Dash: She might have been inconsistent in her episode quality, her episodes were at least interesting to talk about for the most part. And when she was good, she was really great. She has such a strong personality that can make for some really great episodes.

3. Pinkie: Poor Pinkie. Back in seasons 1-2, she was my favorite of the mane six. She had a ton of strong comedic roles and proved that she could carry an episode mostly on her own during season 2. Then she started her slow. downfall. First she was still great in her spotlight episodes but her smaller roles suffered and then even her spotlight episodes started to suck in season 7. And she never recovered. Despite some pretty weak stuff in seasons 3,4, and 6, she still would've been my second favorite without 7-9. 

4. Twilight: Another character that dropped in quality as the show went on. After season 3, Twilight was only interesting in a couple episodes per season and her elevated status really hurt her in my eyes. Still, I really liked her in seasons 1-3 so I can't put her too low.

5. Applejack: Unlike Pinkie and Twilight, I didn't really care about Applejack in the early seasons. She was just kinda there. Then she got Apple Family Reunion and season 4, which gave her more of a presence. Then she fell off the face of the earth again until season 9. Surprisingly it's actually my 2 least favorite of the mane six who were the only ones to be good in season 9.

6. Fluttershy: Outside of seasons 6 and 9 and a couple episodes here and there, I never cared that much about Fluttershy. She was fine and has some good stuff, but a lot of her episodes were good because of the stuff around her. Even in Hurricane Fluttershy I think she was overshadowed by Dash. But, like I said, I do think she stood out in seasons 6 and 9. Them and some episodes like Keep Calm and Flutter On keep me from being completely apathetic towards her. Also she's cute.