Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would You Go to Equestria? How Long Would You Stay? What Would You Do?

Riverleaf Breeze

If you had the chance to go to Equestria, would you?  

254 users have voted

1. 1. Would You Go?

• Yes (Please Explain)
    • No (Please Explain)
  2. 2. How Long Would You Stay?

• I wouldn't go at all
    • Only a day
    • Maybe a week
    • A month or two
    • A year
    • Many years, but I'd eventually return
    • I'd never come back

I'd end up giving it away, or maybe selling it. I'm not 100% sure how. Mainly due to the fact that making someone else's dream come true would be greater than the enjoyment living in Equestria could give me.

Simply put it, I'm far too much of a bleeding heart for my own good. It's truly a personality flaw, and I'm not bragging when I say I can't help but to give things away. I just do.

I would have to. If I didn't I'd regret it for the rest of my life. When the show Sliders came out, my parents thought I was a little odd because I told them if I ever saw a portal like that open up, I'd jump right through without a second's hesitation. Knowing the end point would be Equestria, and I would become a pony would just sweeten the deal for me! I would try to cheat though. Would I be able to drag my husband through too?
  • Brohoof 1

First, I would leave a note or letter. I'd explain everything that I had ever wanted to tell family or friends, because I wouldnt have to face ridicule or questing anymore. Im sure that l'd get homesick, but who would give up the chance to go to a place where real world scenarios such as discrimination and hate are non-exsistant. A place that has its basis on love and tolerance, where other people (or ponies in this case) actually care about things you do and even the smallest effort you make to become better makes a difference in the world. Of course I would go. I would probably choose unicorn, because it would be cool to live on the ground with the residents of ponyville and awesome to teleport or use magic to manipulate things around me. I'd probably try to get to know the mane 6, although it would take a while to accustomed to the new place. I would try to maintain a relatively normal life, living among other ponies, and would have true happiness again in my life...

I truly do not mean to burst anyone's bubble or even double post (lol), but remember the mules and zebras? Discrimination still exists, and the diamond dogs surely are not tolerant.

Just saying that even the show is willing to tell us that hate has no boundries, even in Equestria. Life lesson folks, write it down.

Yes.

I would love to go!

But then I'd get all nervous and such...

But when I get to Equestria, I'd walk to PonyVille, and stay away from Canterlot..

And when I get there, I'd find Fluttershy, and hang about with her,

and let her introduce me to everypony.

Damn, I have such a nice and caring family, and big dreams and stuff I want to create in the future. However, the same thing could be done in Equestria can't it? With magic! I would become a unicorn pony. Going into this box is the best escape from reality. No longer would I have homework (I'm not sure whether Cherrilee gives hw or not), definately no more SAT's (yES!) :P , no warfare, racism (well, ponies come in all sorts of colors) and no pollution.

Oh boy I can't wait to go there! :D Equestria here I come! (jumps into a shoebox)

I would definitely go, I don't feel any particular attachment to this world.

Once I got there I would tell all the ponies about where I came from and what it was like, to make sure they don't make the same mistakes the real world has.

Well i would love to, but, my family, my friends, could i bring people with me? would i be able to fit in there better then here? if i could bring my a few friends i know that i could quickly adjust, but on my own i would be to shy or feel to akward to aprouch on my own, i only have confidence when i'm not alone in a new place... what the hell no matter what i would go, hell i might even find a way back/ to go back in forth between worlds

Edited by Blizzard Hoof

I would love to visit Equestria, and meet some of my favorite characters from the show in person. However, I wouldn't want to live there forever. I don't think I could leave everything I've ever known.

I am one of the few who will also say no. As usual, Swoop has vastly outworded me. But I'll give it a shot anyway.

As a person who has known great suffering, you would think that I would instantly say yes. But that is not so. I do not, under any circumstance, want to run away from my problems. To me, this seems cowardly. I will stand here, and face them. I will fight. Because there is in no way that I could ever live such a simple life. It's too simple for me. There is a phrase I've heard from a song. "The joy is not the same without the pain." And this is true.

I could not enjoy just being happy all the time, having not a care in the world. Because then what? I couldn't appreciate the happiness because there would be no real amount of pain. It'd just be there all of the time. At best, the relationships and friendships of ponies seem relatively simplistic and don't seem like the level of deepness I am looking for. Yes, I want the fights with friends sometimes. I want to get angry at them, and for them to get angry at me. I want to hear about their pain, and try to help them. I want to know that they're human, and that I'm human, and that we're full of deep-seated terrible flaws. Because flaws are what make the true beauty really stand out.

This world isn't just corrupted or evil or full of discrimination. It can also be a beautiful place, and I think that a lot of people don't see that. They get all caught up in the bad, and don't notice the good. I used to get caught up in negativity, but after so much negativity... after a while... you really begin to see that maybe it's not as bad as you thought. There is light wherever this is darkness, after all.

The thought of a utopia is something I honestly find quite frightening, and I could not enjoy it in the slightest. I'd be thinking: "This is too happy. I can't take it."

So whilst it is nice for me to enjoy ponies and watch them every now and then to try to make my mind escape from my troubles, it is also equally nice to go to my troubles and fight them. And then be proud of myself for knowing that I could stand up and fight, and not run away. Because life is about balance. It's the balance between negativity and positivity. It's about good and bad. And I enjoy the balance that I get right now.

Also, I like being human. And having hands. Even though ponies are very aesthetically pleasing.

I would not leave this life for anything or anyone. I'll stay here in my home. With my friends, and everyone I know. To know the pain it would bring them would make my heart hurt insufferably. I cannot do that to anyone.

Edited by Arylett Dawnsborough
  • Brohoof 3

To add to Swoop's, I couldn't live in a Utopia unless I either earned it (some sort of afterlife) or helped create it. I just couldn't.

• 2 weeks later...

This, I believe, was a poll on EqD some time ago, but I wanted to see some actual responses. So here's the hypothetical:

Somehow, you discover a portal to Equestria and are informed by its maker that if you so desire, you can go through it and live in any Equestrian town you wish. Everything is just like it is in the show, and you will be a full citizen with equal rights.

However, once you go through this portal, your old life is gone forever. You cannot bring anybody with you, nor can you ever return to Earth to visit them. Any friends, family, loved ones, favorite restaurants, whatever...It's all in the past. You will permanently and irrevocably be in Equestria for the rest of your life.

Would you do it?

**New Rules**

You have to remain a human, at least when you arrive. The portal will not magically change you into a pony. If you want to gamble on the hope that Equestrian magic can make you into a pony, that's your call.

You don't have time to settle any earthly affairs. The portal closes in a matter of minutes, and once it's closed it's closed forever.

If this makes anybody want to change their vote, you have that option.

Edited by Mister Jack

Without a doubt I would go, there is almost nothing for me here on earth and I really really really dislike just about every human being on this planet. Even if I enter a human twilight MUST have a spell that can transform me into a pony. :wub:

Equestria doesn't need humans; we have a habit of causing chaos and we destroy the land with our innate greed. A single human would mean the end of Equestria as we know and love it. So i say definitely no.

Humans...weren't exactly the best thing to happen to Earth.

I don't want to taint Equestria too.

I'd go IF I could be turned into a pony. But since my mindset would still be human, I'd have to change my brain, aka become a completely different person.

So it's a trick question. IF you go in, you won't become you anymore. If you don't you stay human in Earth.

There is no way for YOU to go to Equestria, unless you're just plain selfish and want to taint it like humans did Earth :

That being said, I would give anything in my power to go become a pony on Equestria...It just wouldn't be for the best. :(

Edited by Aureity