Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Closet Bronies UNITE: Experiences and Discussion

Zero000

Public. It's pretty funny at work when the mix on my iPhone jumps from hardcore and metal to Party With Pinkie or This Day's Aria.

Plus, the looks I used to get when I started wearing my Dash shirt as a work shirt.

Most of the guys at the shop just shrugged, three knew what it was. One still gives me shit for it, but he's a cool dude.

Besides, most people don't argue with what the angry looking bearded guy decides to wear.

Posted Image

Crispy, I must say, you have a mighty, Godly beard ^_^ .

Anyways, Where did you get that shirt? I want one for myself now :( .

• Brohoof 1

Well I only admit that I am a pegasister if somepony asks. I've never told my family though, but I guess some things are best kept hidden until somepony asks. And it would be little weird, considering that I'm 14 and the show was meant for 6 year old children.

Edited by Cherry Blossom
  • Brohoof 2

I neither annouce it nor nor do I hide it. If I think somebody will enjoy it then I'll mention it. Otherwise I don't say anything unless I can make a meaningful segue. Occasionally I'll wear my MLP shirts when I go somewhere which makes it obvious that I'm a brony to anybody who knows what that means.

"Closet brony?" It's not something that needs to be confessed. If somebody takes offense, gets mad, or otherwise feels the need to denegrate my hobbies, it's because they have some kind of larger personal issues that have nothing to do with me. I'm not doing anything wrong or that should make me feel shame.

Closet. No way in hell anyone at mah high school will find out about this until I am sure they're tolerant enough to accept this fact.

On the internet, I'm half closet, half open, since I post a lot about ponies on MLP-related stuff, obviously, but anywhere else, and I'll try to refrain from showing mah brony side

VERY Public. Everyone in my family knows, my girlfriend knows, and so do my teachers. I was nervous at first, denying all accusations towards me when people said "Hey, he watches My Little Pony!". After a while, I learned that it was just me. That's who I was. Soon people began referring to me as THE Brony and slowly began accepting it at school. But to be honest, I go to a very ghetto school so I don't give a shit what the wanna-be gangsters think. If they wanna try to judge me for watching a TV show, it's THEIR problem.

Plus, some people don't take it like you'd think they would. I wore a pony t-shirt to an amusement park (Kings Island) once and I got a TON of compliments... and a few girls flirted :P Also, some family members trust me more with their little ones since they know I watch a show that teaches love and tolerance towards others.

Edited by Hank Hill

I'm a very private person, so along with most things ponies are something I keep to myself much of the time. It's not a huge part of my life, so no worries... but I've seen some stuff I might actually like to wear or carry around. I'm incredibly shy offline, though, so I'd probably have a panic attack and die if people started coming up and commenting on it.

I guess I can be considered public. I wear FiM merchandise openly and I don't freak out when someone see's me watching it. However, the only time I'll tell someone I'm a brony is if they ask, otherwise I would feel like I'm shoving it in their face.

Edited by Veiled Enigma

actually, the only people that know i watch this show is my friend, his older bro (who really doesnt care about that kind of stuff), my brother, and my mom. the only reason they know is because they have seen me watching it. other than that, i keep to myself.

I'm pretty open about it. I'll wear the shirts, display the merch, etc. But I only talk about it if people ask about it, and I try not to seem creepy or obsessive about it.

it's good to be a brony B)

Just reminded me of Geto Boys' Damn, It Feels Good to Be A Gangsta. There needs to be a ponified version of it.

Anyway, I'm pretty open, but not pushy.

I'm a VERY public Brony too, well if FB counts... My cover picture on FB is now the Mane 6, I've liked multiple pony-related sites on FB, I often like some of the pictures that these sites post, commented on a few photos as well.... and I've shared a few photos too...

But when I come back from Germany I will order some pony merch too, and then I'll definitively go public with it... and I won't care what people say. My dad teases me a lot, but he always gives me a hard time when I'm with him, like he's very annoying at times... but I'm used to it and I don't care what he says either...

I wouyld be public abput being a brony, just around here people don't even know what a brony is. It was kinda funny though when accidently got the only other brony in the area to akwardly confess.

Sort-of public. I wear Brony shirts, and I won't hide the information if someone asks about it. However, I still feel very awkward around my parents.

I guess I would say I'm a public Brony. Although I don't run up to strangers on the street and yell "Hey, I watch My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic! You should too!" I do proudly display a couple Rainbow Dash stickers on my Netbook, and have Rainbow as a desk top image on it too. Oddly, Twilight is my favorite, but I always feel that Rainbow being the consummate showoff would feel more at home as decorations!

I don't go around being a dick about it like "Hey, I'm a brony deal with it. Love and tolerate, mutha fucka!" Everybody (even my football team) knows that I'm a brony. I occasionally wear my shirt and thats that.

Closet. No way in hell anyone at mah high school will find out about this until I am sure they're tolerant enough to accept this fact.

On the internet, I'm half closet, half open, since I post a lot about ponies on MLP-related stuff, obviously, but anywhere else, and I'll try to refrain from showing mah brony side

Really? Huh, I imagined you as being pretty open about it. It's not bad, people really don't react negativelytried unless you give them a reason to :)

Closet, I suppose.

I have told a few of my friends, and I've made one of them into a (sorta) brony, and my parents know.

But that's really it.

Edited by TessHM

I treat it like anything else I like. I don't go shouting in public, but I don't hide it either. I have some ponies on a shelf in my room, an FiM calender, my laptop has a pony theme, and my phone has a pony wallpaper and pony apps. Of course most people I meet tend to like me right off the bat so I don't have to worry about being judged. One of my pal Mark's friends that works at the phone place even read the name of one app out loud without batting an eye. I also share pony stuff on facebook constantly.

As for home life, shoot, my Mom reads my fanfiction. Of course she doesn't shy away from nerd stuff, our current family time consists of watching episodes of Highlander together. As for my stepdad, he could care less, anything newer than roughly the 60s is "new fangled stuff" to him and not worth trying to learn about.

As for my Dad, if you could have heard the description of "GI Joe Barbie" he gave when I was a kid once and we were talking about how GI Joe toys are Barbie for boys, you'd understand he doesn't gender stereotype entertainment and toys much. I had a sister that was a sports and wrestling fangirl and he enabled it.

Nice beard dude :D

Crispy, I must say, you have a mighty, Godly beard ^_^ .

Thanks, ya'll. :)

Anyways, Where did you get that shirt? I want one for myself now :(

I snagged this one off of redbubble. I honestly don't recommend it, unless you have 35 bucks to throw at it. I've seen cheaper ones out there.

• Brohoof 1

I am probably as in the closet as I can get. I only collaborate about ponies with other bronies. My family eventually found out, and they seem alright with it, but I still don't like to discuss it with them. I think I'm getting very gradually more public with it though. I guess I'm still fairly new to being a brony (since late April this year) and everyone else seems to gradually get more public as time goes on, so I think it'll get better.

Edited by Hamez

I am in the process of telling my friends that I'm a brony, but telling my family is going to be tough. I'm the youngest child in a family that values sports/athletics, so it's going to be tough to tell them.

I'm more open than that the most used office productivity software suit on Linux. And that is pretty open.

(lolwut?)

Well, yes, I'm open about it, I don't really wear any non pony tshirts now, actually xD