Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why do you buy Pony stuff?

Juggler

I just bought my first MLP figure about 30 min ago. It was Applejack if you're wondering. And yesterday I ordered 3 t-shirts from redbubble. But after buying the figure I thought to myself, why do I buy these things? They are intended to be played with, and I'm surely doesn't have that intention. And the t-shirts, why would I want to go around in public with a shirt with ponies on it? Of course because ponies are super cool but anyway, why do I want to do it?

I think that it's a way for me to feel more like a part of the Brony community, especially with the t-shirts. Also if I get the chance to convert anyone because of my t-shirt that isn't bad either. But the figures? I guess that I also buy them because I feel like a bigger part of the Brony community. But I'm really not that sure. Maybe I'm just influenced on you guys, I don't know...

So I wondered: Why do you buy Pony Stuff? Do you have another explanation then just: "Because I love the show"?

It would be really interesting to hear.

I don't buy 'em, but if I had to I'd buy an Applejack plushie :wub:

Now come to think of it, that sounds like a great idea *runs to shop*

• Brohoof 2

well when i bought my twilight sparkle toy i was more in the "you know what screw it i'll buy one" state of mind.

now to answer you question with a question why do football fans buy the shirts of there fav team? why do gamers buy merch that isnt playable because its about a game they like?

• Brohoof 2

First off you support the show and the creators when you buy MLP merchandise.

And another big reason why i buy it is because i put them in on my shelfs and have them there as trinkets.

• Brohoof 1

well when i bought my twilight sparkle toy i was more in the "you know what screw it i'll buy one" state of mind.

now to answer you question with a question why do football fans buy the shirts of there fav team? why do gamers buy merch that isnt playable because its about a game they like?

That's true. But I kinda get the feeling that some of us bronies "hides" our toys. We just have them for ourselves. Gamers, football players and such aren't that shy about showing others what they like. And I guess that's because they buy them, to show others what they like. But as said in the Brony community I get the feeling that we don't really do it because of that...

I bought a Dash shirt and a Discord shirt, and am going to be getting a Dash plushie soon. I'm getting the plushie cause Dashie is adorable and I want a plushie of her to cuddle :U Simple. As for the shirts, I don't care what strangers think, and I want some apparel from the show to wear xP

• Brohoof 2

That's true. But I kinda get the feeling that some of us bronies "hides" our toys. We just have them for ourselves. Gamers, football players and such aren't that shy about showing others what they like. And I guess that's because they buy them, to show others what they like. But as said in the Brony community I get the feeling that we don't really do it because of that...

personaly i think thats just silly if you gona buy a mlp shirt or toy to just hide it you've just wasted money
  • Brohoof 1

Shirts, to wear in public, the reason a shirt is made, if i need new shirts i might aswel get ones i like.

toys, i love models, i play minature games, aside from their uses for roleplaying games with them, i do like to display them.

personaly i think thats just silly if you gona buy a mlp shirt or toy to just hide it you've just wasted money

Yes it is. I feel that I not yet have the courage to put Applejack on my desk for everyone to see. But I will eventually have the courage to do so I hope. As I said I probably bought it because it makes me feel closer to the brony community in some weird way...

(edited)

I have some ponies sitting on my desk. I buy the ones that have been customized by artists. That way I'm supporting the fanart community, and I have something on my shelf that is 100% unique! They sit over my computer, in public view for all to see--I don't mind because they're beautiful! Also, I used to wonder why people bought knick-knacks and trinkets... the real purpose of them is to enjoy them. Just having something to look at and be proud of brings enjoyment to the owner, and that's really what it's all about.

Also, if I bought a shirt, I'd wear it! I just don't happen to like T-shirts all that well. If they made a better variety of collared ones, I'd definitely wear those.

Edited by Questio
  • Brohoof 1

the real purpose of them is to enjoy them. Just having something to look at and be proud of brings enjoyment to the owner, and that's really what it's all about.

That's a really wise way on seeing it!

I buy pony stuff because I'm obsessed with merch. Literally. Every time I go shopping, I look for MLP stuff. If it's something I don't have, I often end up buying it. It's fun to me just to build a collection and try to get everything that's out there.

• Brohoof 1

I buy MLP merchandise for three reasons

1. Support the creators of the show I love

2. I tend to collect merchandise from media I enjoy anyway

3. It makes me happy. It puts a smile on my face every time I see my pony collection :)

It has been a little awkward having MLP stuff displayed all over my apartment. My friends all think i'm crazy, especially when I wear the shirts. But whatever :P

• Brohoof 1

1. Because I can

2. Because I like wearing things to show off who I am (Gamer gear and other schtuff im into)

3. Vinyl Scratch on a shirt is just too amazing not to get! :wub:

4. Because I do what I want

Well, I find that the easiest way to meet fellow bronies is to put yourself out there as one. If you see me walk by with my pinkie pie shirt, even if you don't know me, how can you resist at least bro-hoofing me? Or if I'm listening to Discord on my ipod, and you happen to catch me singing along...

Also, to someone who isn't familiar with bronydom, to visit a friend and see a nice collection of blind bags might spark their curiosity.

Actually, I got most of my ponies from Walmart. :blush:

But I do go looking around Target and Toys R Us... Even K-Mart seeing as they said Trixie was supposed to be there, lol. If I spot something I do snag it asap. :D