Spender or Sacer?  

180 users have voted

1. 1. Are you a spender or a saver?

• Spender
    • Saver
    • Both

(edited)

I'm both.

It's a bit complicated, when I have a LOT of money, I try to save it for later, thinking of what I can do with it and if it's the right thing to do. But since I'm a generous person, I always spend it all on inviting my friends to dinner or giving it to the homeless people I encounter in the streets :D

Money doesn't really interest me so might as well use it for others ^^

Edited by Unexard

Former Saver. Then I rediscovered music and Yu-Gi-Oh. Then my money went to improving my decks or buying albums I wanted to listen to. That being said, I'm trying to get back into the habit of saving.

• 6 months later...

Considering college is approaching, I've turned into a saver. I've had to cut spendings on things like video games and computer parts for college money. Though after college and I get a decent job, I'll probably turn into a spender.

• Brohoof 1

I think I'm both. If there's something I really want that costs money, I'll save up to buy it. However, if there's something I want that's relatively cheap, and I can afford it at the moment, I'll buy.

Im both really. I do tend to save money up for something I want/need or ill just spend for fun. Like whenever I go to Hot Topic and see the pony stuff, I kinda go crazy :blush: But, I will save up for things I do want/need. Like for video games that ive been waiting for and such.

I am a spender through and through. It kills me knowing that I have money just sitting there.. waiting to be used. It literally bugs me like nothing else. I hate it. When I put up money I have to give it to my brother and he has to put it in a safe. Then the key is given to my step sister. All that to save money. Ugh.

I'm definitely more of a saver than a spender. It feels better for me to have some money put away than to have these lying about.

That and I usually have a lot of bills, especially those horrid school loans. :(

• Brohoof 1

Many people might not believe me when I say this, but I have a TERRIBLY difficult time to even hand over a single coin the the cashier,

As in, even if something is really cheap, I would not even pay. I am super cheap! >.<

Usually, I only get the thing that I actually need.

But if video games are involved, get ready to empty your pockets. :3

• Brohoof 1

Considering college is approaching, I've turned into a saver. I've had to cut spendings on things like video games and computer parts for college money. Though after college and I get a decent job, I'll probably turn into a spender.

Very thrifty of you to revive a 7 month old thread, instead of making a new one.  ^_^

These days I'm much more of a saver.  It's partially out of choice (20% of my income goes to investments) and partially because of circumstances (I don't have much time to spend money recreationally, even when I would prefer to).

• Brohoof 1

• 11 months later...

Not a miser, but very thrifty. Spending is an activity I always do with some amount of remorse unless it's for another person. Buying stuff for another's necessity or pleasure brings me a feeling of fulfillment. Doing so for myself only calls into question whether or not I really could have done without and how I might have. When I still had my college loan I would throw every cent I could spare at it without feeling that way, because I did so to counteract the obscenely high interest rate before more money could compound. That was the only instance in which spending felt like I was actually saving. I'm adept at stretching a dollar, don't pay retail price for anything, and avoid spending altogether if possible.

Recently I've had to pay a few dental bills (which hurt more than the procedures themselves) and a huge payment to fix some damage to my car after colliding with a deer. Always gives me a sinking feeling in my gut whenever I hand over that debit card...

I, as with many other issues, don't really know to describe myself here.

However, I do think this last year has shown that I'm not a very good saver. xD Even before I got to make my big purchases late last year, I was spending quite a bit of money solely in snacks.

When I first got my job and was saving up money directly for tuition at college that fall, I was a very conservative spender. I really even tried to keep my purchasing of snacks and meals at a bare minimum. The second semester, where I spent most of my time away from home, I changed my habits a bit. I began to buy a lot of snacks and beverages.

Over the last almost-a-year I carried that on, since now I've only been working. I've begun to buy a good portion of my snacks and drinks for home. Without the tuition looming so close in the distance, I have also made several large purchases. But even so, I flipped out about it... Not knowing when I'll return to college. Spending large amounts of money at once freaks me out even when I can verify that the money required plus a ton more is in my account.

So, I... No, there is no conclusion here, because nothing was determined in that jumbled mess of a post above. Sorry. >.< xD

Saver. I hate spending money unless I have to. Hate shopping etc. I feel guilty if I spend a lot, even if it's mine haha.

I'm a saver. I don't even have a career yet and I have a lot of my wealth in long-term growth investments and no debt over my head. I will spend my money on something when I can justify it, but my cheapness keeps me from going nuts.

Edited by Celtore