Spender or Saver?

Jokuc

Spender or Sacer?  

180 users have voted

1. 1. Are you a spender or a saver?

• Spender
    • Saver
    • Both

I am both. I save a lot, but then I look at how much I have saved. Once I see how much I have, I ration out how much I can spend at one given time without making too much of a dent in my money I have. I want to make sure I still have a lot left. :)

I save for stuff I want. (I saved up for my PC parts I'm buying today, I saved for to buy GTA 5 and so on).

But if I have no goal that I want, welll..... guess it's time to buy all kinds of snacks.

I'm more of a saver since I'm not that materialistic in general but I can spend quite a lot on games and other online stuff mostly :D

I have no problems managing my money but I don't really have to at the moment since I still live at home and am not working for a living yet...

• 4 years later...

Both. I'm like keeping my wallet full but at the same time don't mind spoiling myself once in awhile.

I would say I’m more of a hoarder than a saver. Because I grew up so poor, I have stashes of cash all around my house, just in case. It’s an awful habit, because that money could be in an index fund, or collecting interest.

Prior to a few months ago, I was a big spender. Now that I'm wanting to buy more land, I've been saving very aggressively. It's tough as hell adjusting to the changes, especially since I use to blow all my money on fast food and astronomy gear.  :please:

I used to be a shameless spender, dropping money on an endless parade of Star Wars toys. It was my obsession growing up to feed my collection, but I don’t do that anymore. Nowadays I save as much as I can, although I still spend it freely at one time of the year; my vacation, that’s my one indulgence. The rest I save for a rainy day. My clothes are mostly thrift store finds, I’ve never bought a car new (and never will) and I eat pretty basic stuff, mostly fast food.  

• Brohoof 1

I spend on investments...so I don't quite know if that counts as saving or spending...

I'm pretty into stocks and bonds now ^ ^ really rootin' for AMD and some other tech brands I'm into

I have rotten luck with money, I try my best to save money but I have to spend most of it on bills, groceries, rent and insurance.  Most of my money leaves me as quickly as it comes.  I'm honestly surprised at this point over the fact that I have a savings amount at all. :unsure:

I would consider myself both a saver and a spender. I often find myself saving up money for a very long period of time, before succumbing and spending next to all of it on video games and whatnot.

• 5 months later...

I’m more of a saver—at BronyCon, I hedged on buying expensive things even though I’d made sure I could buy them—but I feel as though I’m not as frugal as I should be. 

• Brohoof 1

I am equally saving and spending. I see value in money, but I see more value in life quality. I want the things that make me happy, and money alone can't make me happy.

I am both. While I buy a lot of stuff (servers, audio equipment etc), at the same time I try to save money by buying used stuff, repairing broken devices myself etc. At the same time I try to avoid the really cheap stuff, because "a stingy man pays twice", so, instead of buying headphones for 20EUR that would break after a few months, I bought headphones for 90EUR that I am still using every day 11 years later. I take things like "how durable it is" and "how easy to repair it is" into account when choosing what to buy. I usually prefer used professional-grade stuff over new consumer-grade stuff.

I also do not spend all my salary :) and never spend money I do not have (that is, I do borrow money from the bank).

• 3 weeks later...