• Mario
    • Sonic
    • Super Smash Bros.
    • Animal Crossing
    • Kirby
    • Okami
    • Other

(edited)

my favorite game is no doubt minecraft. i lobe playing this game with friends and usually my brother. whether it be on xbox or on pc minceraft will always hold a special place in my heart. laugh.png

Edited by zlogi
  • Brohoof 1

my favorite game is no doubt minecraft. i lobe playing this game with friends and usually my brother. whether it be on xbox or on pc minceraft will always hold a special place in my heart. img-1527912-1-laugh.png

I like Minecraft also, I play almsot every day and can't stop. I only have it on Xbox, but it's still the best game i've played. Before I got Minecraft I watched so many videos I wasn't a noob when I got the game.

(edited)

Burnout 3 Takedown I played this game to the ground *literally* with friends all the time. The ultimate party game I had so many great times with this game. It literally was my childhood and has a special place in my heart <3

*DID I MENTION best soundtrack ever?*

The Jak & Daxter series 

I played each game and 100% each of them. I loved this dynamic duo as a kid and still do I wish they would continue on with this series *Naughty Dog one of the best game developers*

Edited by Gone ϟ Airbourne

(edited)

I chose other. Although I enjoy a few of those games, the only game I really, truly got into, while understanding what was happening was Halo. Every other game I played I was usually too young to care, or was a sport game, like Madden. I usually didn't hardcore game until a few years ago. All of them, yes, even Wars, and ODST, I enjoy. I love the Halo Universe, the story, the characters, plus I loved messing around with my buddies in Halo 3's legendary custom games. Ahh, good times. I also got pretty far into Reach's multiplayer, beat 4's campaign the day it came out, and built a few sweet custom maps in forge on Reach, and 3.

Edited by BassClef

I gotta say Kirby, since my birth was either before or after the VERY FIRST Kirby game.

It is what I grew up with!

Plus Kirby RBaY/Hoshi no Kaabii is my favorite video game to anime adaptation. (Behind Pokemon...)

In fact, my favorite anime overall.

• Brohoof 1

I picked sonic. the series has had its rough patches but original games inspired a lot in me. everything from my goal in life of making games to my ideology of simplicity and efficiency

the first 3 games hold a very special place in my heart and the latest games make me so glad they managed to bounce back 

My favorite video game would have to be World of Warcraft. Although some of there systems such as PvP are still severely unbalanced they are still considered the gold standard. They're casual and hardcore content is fun and usually has a decent amount of depth, story, and immersion.

You might want to update your list with some of the more awesome video games out there. Like say Mass Effect 3, Dead Space 2, Halo Reach, the list goes on and on.

My favorite game of all time is Dead Space 2, so cinematic and the control scheme and graphics are basically perfecto. 

Yeah Smashing Pumpkins

Halo because i'm extremely good and i love the story line it keeps you into it until halo 4 came out then i started losing interest in it but i still like it.

but out of these choices i have to pick mario well because mario is awesome i like the classic plus it was fun and i'm italian so there's many things

Pokemon for me, definitely. I've loved it ever since Red and Blue, and have enjoyed every game since. I have PTSD and depression, and playing Pokemon tends to help keep those in check. It's therapy in a way :)

This topic seems to be based upon a discussion of Video Games, therefore I have moved it over to the Media Discussion section

Out of those choices I will have to go with Bioshock. Bioshock Infinite so far has been one of my top games this year although much more for the storyline that the gameplay itself.

I'm going to choose CoD. I really like pwning noobs with mai gold MSR. Quickshotting, noscoping, there's nothing I can't do.

Bwhahhahahahh x3

Just kidding, I chose other, because you don't have Battlefield there D:

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and Battlefield 3 here ;)

My favorite game of all time would have to be Pokemon Blue I've put a lot of hours into that game and I'll never forget it :D. Ace Combat 1 comes very close to second :)

This one is tricky OP... I really like a lot of these games. My favorite has to be Diablo 3, even with all of its flaws it still is a blast to play! The recent changes really help and I can't wait to see the expansion wub.png

My favorite vidoes games ever are either the Legend of Zelda Series or the Kingdom Hearts Series. My favorite Zelda game has to be Ocarina of Time I cant think of any other Zelda game Ive played so much other than Ocarina of Time. My favorite Kingdom Hearts game is Kingdom Hearts 2 I have put so much time into that game i have everything (ultimate weapon, Sephiroth is defeated, alll mini games are done) i have a total of 79:56 of in game time.

Such a hard decision between Minecraft Skyrim or call of duty. This question made me ponder for a good 5mins in the end i had to choose Minecraft.

Oh my gerd. This is one of the hardest questions for me to answer. Luckily, since I get asked it ALL THE TIME (that's what I get for working at a game store), I have a prepared answer.

These are my five favorite games, in no particular order. (Because choosing one is too hard).

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

I've probably played this game at least 20 times, and I still love it. The story, the gameplay...it's just pure awesome.

BioShock

This game blew me away in several ways. The graphics were amazing, the gameplay was solid, the story...this was the first game that made me set my controller down so I could process what just happened. Without spoiling anything...Andrew Ryan's office. If you've played the game, you know what I'm talking about. Now would you kindly read on?

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Dear sweet lord I love this game. The great characters, voice acting, the dialogue, the gameplay, the graphics...so very good. And for the series' first crack at multiplayer, pretty darn respectable.

Halo 3

I absolutely love the Halo series, and 3 is my personal favorite. It had my favorite portion of the story, my favorite multiplayer in the series thus far, and was just plain fun.

And for the curve ball.....

Castle Crashers

This game recaptured the simple joy of the side scrolling beat 'em up. It's simple to play, but gets difficult towards the end. The game has a great sense of humor, and it's an absolute blast to play with friends. I've had the game for years now, and I still go back to it. Quite a feat for an indie title.

And I have a few honorable mentions.

BioShock Infinite

The Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past

Alan Wake

Half-Life

Heavy Rain

Mirror's Edge

So...yeah. That's my overly complicated answer to your relatively simple question. :)

• Brohoof 1

You know this will be hardest questions the answer for me my favorite game depends on my mood currently I'm a huge fan of Alan wake oh my Luna it's so good, with a great story with a deep interesting plot and Alan is such an awesome dude. the monsters they have in the game (which are called taken by the way) are so creepy to they are covered in this dark blur.

Alan_Wake_Game_Cover.jpg

If you like horror or just a weird story then you have got to play this.

That's another one of my personal favorites. I only ever play it at night, in one sitting if I can. It's a lot more intense if you absorb it without a break.

"That's when I heard the chainsaw."

• Brohoof 1

That's a nice list, the other helps too.

Before I probably would have said Resident Evil 4 since it's the best action game of all time imo, but my current second playthrough of Fire Emblem Awakening is really making me appreciate it as one of the best RPGs ever, so I pick that! :D

post-592-0-49603800-1370458722_thumb.png

Oh jeez, my brain's gone into nostalgia mode.

Recent years: Tied between Uncharted 2, Batman Arkham City and Dragon Quest IX. All three of them have an engaging story with quite a lot of replay value. Uncharted 2's multiplayer is dying though, but still averages a solid 10,000 players a day.

All time: Tied between Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 and WWE Smackdown Here Comes The Pain. Sure, they're both sports games, but both of them have tons of replay value. The graphics might not look special compared to today's standard, but I see games as "Gameplay > Graphics."

(edited)

Not out yet but it is being worked on that Sims Pony edition looks amazing! cannot wait for the release of it maker says it should be out sometime this month or next month. Other than that world of warcraft I guess but just recently stopped playing, I was paying for a game that I hardly play anymore guess I just lost interest.

Edited by Ilovepegasi

(edited)

Considering how popular they are...

I find the lack of Elder Scrolls (Huge community around it) and Halo (Held the most sold title on Xbox for a while) as well as other titles that are popular like Farcry on this list is going to skew the results in favor of the "Other" option, but maybe that is just me. 

Edited by Harmonic Revelations

In terms of the oldschool games there are 3 that I would consider to be my all time favorites:

Mario 3

Super Metroid

Final Fantasy 6

These are the three games that I can never grow tired of and I have purchased them several times over (virtual consoles, GBA versions, etc)

In terms of current games:

FarCry 3

Lego City

Persona 4

I'm an old fogey, so no one here under the age of 25 will know this game, but my favorite video game of all time is Dance Dance Revolution. I was never very good at it, but it ate up countless quarters and hours for me... SOO fun to play!