• Bioshock
    • Mario
    • Sonic
    • Super Smash Bros.
    • Animal Crossing
    • Kirby
    • Okami
    • Other

I can't really pick out a distinct favorite, but there are some games that I have fond memories of. Kingdom hearts 2, and 358/2 days were fun for me. I like pretty much all of the Pokemon games. I'm a Civilization IV, and V addict. Also, Halo 3, ODST, and Reach were enjoyable for me. So basically Pokemon, Halo, Civ, and KH.

One of my all time favorite game of all time is the Assassins Creed series. I love running up and killing a gard. And than running up a building only to kill two more gards and jumping of the building and landing safly into a hay stak.

I don't know why anybody has mentioned this title yet...

Borderlands has got to be my favorite.

1. It's combo of RPG and FPS.

2. Humor.

3. the ridiculous weapons. It used to have the record for number of guns in a video game actually. It's sequel broke the game's reign.

and 4. the graphics and western/ sci-fi setting

(edited)

All-time favorite? That's... That's a hard one. A really, really hard one.

I'd have to say S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky. Although it was the most bug-ridden game of the lot, the game was just too much fun for that to bother me. I think, as far as first-player games go, that I've played Clear Sky and the other two installments more than I have with any other game or, really, franchise. It's a beautiful, atmospheric game that really captivated me.

However, honestly I feel like Halo: Combat Evolved deserves a special place in my heart, because it was the first major game I played, and even though I played the N64 and PS1 before, I feel Halo was the first game that actually caused me to have an interest in gaming as a whole, and not to mention game development. Really though, I think I prefer Halo 3: ODST if we're talking purely game-wise, because I felt the non-linear part of it was a wonderful experience. Piecing together clues about your comrades so that you can find them while evading Covenant patrols was just so much more of an interesting experience than your normal on-rails FPS.

Dishonored was also a great game, and I liked the level of both originality and freedom it gave you. Half Life 2, Command and Conquer, and Portal I love dearly as well, but if I extended it past these six games, I'd never shut up.

Edited by Durandal

I don't really have favorite games of all time. I have favorite games at the moment. My favorite game at the moment would be Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne. Although I'm trying to only play a little bit a day so I don't beat it all at once

Your thread on one's favorite video game has been merged with this one. Please run a search of existing threads before starting one to see if it's already been done.

My favorite game EVER used to be Kingdom Hearts II, and it was my favorite for six years, but then I met the heavenly...

amazing...

unbelievably emotional game known as...

THE LAST OF US. I'm sorry, KH, but I instantly fell in love with this game when it was announced at VGA 2011, and mainly because it's made by my number one favorite gaming company: Naughty Dog. Though Ubisoft used to be my number one favorite.

gaming-the-last-of-us-cover-art.jpg

My favourite game of all time will always be Grim Fandango. As one of the first games I ever played it's what sunk me into video games in general. No action-adventure point-and-click will ever be able to match up to the unique playstyle and storyline as well as the original characters and the witty dialogue. What did you expect, though? The same guy that made Monkey Island made it.

In fact, I have planned on legally changing my name to Olivia after Olivia Ofrenda, who has been my hero since I was seven and played the game. Sharply witty as she is cunning, Olivia is incredibly impressive, despite being the considered antagonist of the game.

A close second from this year would be the new Lara Croft game, just named "Tomb Raider". Despite the fact that it isn't the most realistic of games, it makes up in excellence in all fields; graphics, storyline, voice acting and dialogue, and controls. Once you get into it t's impossible to put down. In addition, the weapons that you can get get really great as you advance (I mean, the fire arrows that explode make that game about 110 times better). 

Also just got into League of Legends. It's awesome for obvious reasons (CorkiGravesLeBlancOrianna).

I have others but those are the most prevalent. 

(edited)

Borderlands 2. Finally a science fiction game that combines the concept with awesome guns. And some awesome psychotic characters.

634264314723884416borderlands-goty-editi

Edited by Rainbow P.F. Sparkle
  • Brohoof 1

I'm not much of a gamer, (that probably explains my choice) but the best games I've ever played were the two Super Mario Galaxys. They're probably the most imaginative and creative out of all the Mario games on the Wii, the controls are very simple and easy to maneuver, it actually has a story to it, and the soundtrack is just amazing.

My favorite games of all time were Civilization IV and Civilization V. Each was absolutely phenomenally amazing, and each had its own strengths. I likes Civ IV's diplomatic systems and religion better, but Civ V's combat system is INFINITELY better than its predecessor.

My three favorite games of all time have to be Yoshi's Island, Metal Gear Solid, and Marvel vs Capcom 2

These three game are Equal in my eyes, and just get better with every play through. 

• 2 weeks later...

All time it has to be Final Fantasy Tactics. The combat is ridiculously deep and the story is literally the best in any game I've ever played. Persona 3 and 4  and Final Fantasy X come close in terms of story but not in gameplay, and Kingdom Hearts II is up there in gameplay and story. Purely gameplay-wise Dark Souls is up there with Battlefield 3.

I really like all the kingdom hearts game ive played execpt for coded.. I dont like the cards i found it too difficult to remember to install the cards each times u wanted to fight and choosing what card to use to fight with when you were in a battle... I also really like infamous too... That game was really addicting... I played for wayyyy to long .. Maybe thats why i was failing at school orz >.>

Honestly, my all time favorite game right now is Borderlands 2. That has to be the only game I have played since it came out other than Soul Calibur IV, Tekken, and Ratchet and Clank.

I love the fact that most of the weapons you get on that game have completely random chances to drop and when you do get a gun you are looking for, it feels awesome

Yes, I am very obsessive with it and it's probably not healthy...

Favorite game of all time. That's a tough one. If I'm going by which one I have had the most fun in, then it's Halo 3. I could spend hours with friends playing random custom games, and never get bored. But that so long ago. Other games that have had me addicted are Fallout New Vegas, pretty much any Pokemon game, and Mass Effect 2-3.

Out of those four, I've had the most fun in Halo 3 with friends, but have had more time spent playing on the Pokemon series, so it's a hard choice. And then there's Fallout which I spent so much time in, and Mass Effect 2 and 3 which I've recently been playing like crazy....

Just Cause 2, the map is huge and filled with lots of areas to just go crazy on and destroy everything, not to mention a few mods for the game adds varied enemies and rebel groups for more carnage.

For me it's a tie.

Final Fantasy IX

I love the characters in this game.  I also enjoy the difficultly.  It feels just right to me.

Skyward Sword

The Zelda game with the kind of story I always wanted.  Epic, yet personal.  Complex, but not confusing.

It's tough to say. I am a HUGE fan of RPGs. My very favorites are :

1. Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2
2. Tales of Graces f
3. Fire Emblem: Awakening
4. Shining Force 2
5. Shining Force
6. Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon