• Bioshock
    • Mario
    • Sonic
    • Super Smash Bros.
    • Animal Crossing
    • Kirby
    • Okami
    • Other

Postal 2.  I love the controversial things that are put into it.  It's kinda like GTA, but with no restrictions.  The game is very addicting and loaded with various weapons.  There's even a part of the game where Gary Coleman is trying to kill you. That wins me over right there.

Way back in the day, before the big console wars and the need to make games look all pretty and shiny, there was a small handheld device called the Gameboy Color. One of the games available for this device was called Pokemon Yellow. This was the first game I ever played. It's also my favorite and one I will always carry with me. No idea why I love it so much. Maybe because you get Pikachu to follow you around...

The Wind Waker (Damn, I talk a lot about Zelda on here) is my favorite game, ten years after it's release. The art style is amazing, the story was great, and the graphics still hold up today. I loved sailing around, trying to find new islands, and trying to get 100% completion.

My second favorite would have to be Super Metroid, for the same reasons as TWW; trying to find secrets and items.

• Brohoof 2

Paper Mario and The Thousand Year Door. I could literally go on for hours and hours about how this game is a shining example on how to make a gaming experience. A diverse cast of three dimensional and likable characters, a game system that's easy to learn but rewards customization and experimentation, a beautiful story that is equal parts hilarious, awesome, tear-jerking and even a bit scary at times are just some of the game's numerous pros. Not to mention that, unlike some games I could mention, any and all flavor text only serves to enhance the story that much more, rather than a necessary essay to know what the hell is going on. 

• Brohoof 1

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky. Dude, where do I begin. This game is perfect. Nothing was done incorrectly. In my opinion, it's miles better than the main franchise, and simultaneously a brilliant complement to it. Open the spoiler if you want a wall of text on why it's awesome.

To begin with, I love the gameplay. It’s a combination of turn-based strategy and free movement exploration, and both are integrated so well that it literally feels like both at the same time. Pokemon encounters are fluid and satisfying, and the randomisation of the dungeon floors adds astonishingly good replay value. The items have great variety and alternation between self-use advantages and combat usage, and you’re able to recruit a vast amount of Pokemon for your party. There are plenty of customisation options which I always love, from changing fundamentals such as text and walking speed to aesthetics such as text borders and information displayed on your DS top screen. What I especially love, and which is a change from Time & Darkness, are the addition of hidden secrets in each dungeon. When you least expect it you might happen upon a secret staircase that leads to treasure or a helpful pit-stop bazaar. The gameplay outside of the dungeon is just as good – it’s strangely appealing to leaf through the requests board at the explorer’s guild, catching something of your fancy, and the difficulty ratings for each mission give you that challenge aspect – like you’re working your way up the ranks of harder and harder missions. Don’t we all love to see ourselves progress like that? And the main centre of gameplay outside of dungeons, Treasure Town, is full of really imaginative and useful features such as a kiosk that can combine two moves in your moveset or a

Given the arcade feel of the gameplay, I was also expecting this game to be a light-hearted, chibi-esque spinoff that I would moderately enjoy playing and then go play some of the main Pokemon franchise. But I was seriously surprised with how deep they made the story. It was crazily good. I loved the idea of an alternate timeline in the future where time had come to a standstill, and the repercussions it had on Dialga whose duty was to regulate Temporal Tower, the tower that provided the framework for time on the planet. I loved the idea of a Time Gear regulating time in each section of the world, and time stopping in that region if one were ever removed. I also loved the idea of two friends – one with amnesia – reuniting with each other, and the feelings of the second friend who knows that their long-lost partner has lost all memories of them ever being friends. What I loved the most was how they all linked to each other – friendships forged, grew and broke in such fluid plot progression that you could really tell there was professional writing and pacing behind it. It was so satisfying.

Then there’s the music. Man, this soundtrack is second to none. It’s possibly the best soundtrack I’ve ever heard in a video game, and that’s because it adds such brilliant context and mood without being intrusive. It begins with merry yet still relatively ambient jingles (such as Drenched Bluff) to give you the feeling of a relaxed strategy spinoff, but as the plot twists begin to kick in and you find yourself in danger, the epicness and ambience of the music really launches off and makes those tense moments all the more exciting. Every single piece of music in this game was done right – contextually pleasing and with obvious links to both the landscape and environment of the location it’s played, the position it is in the game’s storyline, and the mood of the main party during the moment it’s played. My best example for this is (spoilers ahoy) \the Hidden Land.

But the best part of this game for me was how they rounded it up. The combination of music, writing, the little things that your partner's sprite does, and the past experiences they reflect upon, are part of what makes it my favourite ever Pokémon game. (And game in general!) Especially the end credits... sweet Celestia, I just couldn't help shedding a tear :3 It was the sound of bittersweet triumph, celebrating the gift of a new future, albeit this (spoilers ahead):

You die at the end. This part really moved me. Having spent such a long game adventuring with your partner, going to hell and back (or the future and back) and coping with betrayal and the loss of dear ones, you couldn't have a tighter bond with your partner in this game. So for you to have killed Primal Dialga with the knowledge that the restoration of the normal timeline would result in you being erased from the present - that leaves your partner alone. The sequence of events with your partner returning to the beach where you met them for the first time... watching the bubbles over the beach as they did when they first found you... and recollecting on your adventures together, coupled with the music that plays, is incredibly emotional. Wonderful, wonderful game.

I can and have said more about this game, but I think the above is a good enough summary. This game has done everything right – if you have a DS or a 3DS, you simply must get this game. Even if you haven’t played any other games in the series!

Edited by Flipturn Amaterasu
  • Brohoof 1

Uhh... (I'm 100% certain I've posted this, but)

BORDERLANDS IS BEST GAME.

1. It has the record for most guns in a video game (still unbeaten, after nearly 4 years) with 17 3/4 million.

2. It has some of the funniest gun designs I have seen in my life (scattergun with a sniper scope WTF?)

3. It is just really bucking fun. I really don't need to explain AT ALL.

My favorite game that I've ever played was, Saints Row: The Third. Sure that game gets a lot of criticism for leaving the boundaries of the original two games but, it still has the fun factor even if it's silly and campy. I can look past all of that, and still enjoy the game.

Conker's Bad Fur Day. I spent countless hours playing multiplayer with my friends and siblings. I was extremely upset when my N64 finally broke, mostly just for that and Pokemon Stadium :P The remake isn't even ten dollars.

OBLIVION! 

Oblivion has to be one of my all time fav games, I just remember playing it for days and days ;) 

In my opinion its the best TES game.

Skyrim just didn't live up to what was expected.

Morrowind is still great.

Portal 2...still.

I just thoroughly enjoy the characters, the voice acting, the setting, and the portal gun itself. 

I didn't really enjoy Portal 1 all that much, to be honest.

Alan Wake is a close second choice for my favorite video game of all time.

If I was able to play a lot of the older video games when they were released. I might pick one of them just based on the nostalgia factor. But my favorite game was released about a year and a half ago. Kid Icarus Uprising for the Nintendo 3DS. I like this game because it has a. Whole bunch of content. I've played it for almost 300 hours and still haven't beaten all the challenges. The characters are hilarious. Palutena: "Tell me Pit. How are you in brachial respiration. Pit: Heh, no worries. I minored in branchial respiration. Wait your crazy! Palutena: Ok, just hold your breath then, for about two hours. Pit: I said, YOUR CRAZY!

Some times the characters break the fourth wall too. Pit: But this tower is SOOOO tall, there was even a loading screen back there. Viridi: Shhhhh. We're not supposed to talk about that.

But my favorite part is the multiplayer, at least until everybody got a super overpowered weapon and now if I go into a match I die instantly.

Favorite video game huh?

I dont think Id ever be able to narrow my options down to one single game. But I guess I could narrow it down to a couple of games at the moment that I really enjoy.

• Metal Gear Solid
  • Kingdom Hearts
  • Battlefront
  • Elder Scrolls

I don't even think I could pick a favourite game, even though I absolutely love Mirror's Edge and I can't wait for 2 to come out, but I don't really like the idea of having a favourite game, there's just too many out there I haven't played yet.

i think need for speed must be included in the vote section, anyway ive always been a fan of nfs since the ps1 and pc ofc . The adrenalin the crashes the SPEED . now my favorite game is Wipeout(no not that show with the participants that get hit in every possible way XD) but the whole wipeout series u can have a look on Google. Wipeout:pure Wipeout:pulse Wipeout:HD wipeout:fury Wipeout:2048 (ps vita) small hint: explosives and speed i recomend u check it out :D

Adrenalin begins when gravity ends

I have a couple. 

From the PS1 era, crash bandicoot and spyro the dragon series.

From the PS2 era, kingdom hearts, Ico, and ratchet and clank.

From the PS3 era, Transformers fall of cybertron, batman arkham city, and sonic unleashed. 

Super Mario World is and will forever be the greatest game ever made to me. Perfect controls, varied and exciting levels, loads and loads of secrets, even if simple still pretty fun boss battles and one of the best soundtracks of any game ever. I wish the modern Mario games on the Wii and WiiU would model themselves after this game instead of doing their own thing (because their own this is awful IMO).

• 2 months later...

For now, it's Skyrim. It's very well-designed. The immersion is very strong and most of the game components don't break the immersion. Those components don't remind me that I'm in a game. It's very good, unless the inventory system. It pauses the world when I use it. Kinda ruining the immersion, even though it makes it easier to survive. The character creation is good, and other stuff.

Mount & Blade Warband. I also love that game. It's very realistic and open, even though the technology is somewhat outdated. You can make your own army, get companions, upgrade weapons, and stuff. The character development is balanced as well. It's very RPG-ish. The game is very open and flexible. You can also find a lot of mods, like Game of Thrones mods and stuff.

I also love Monster Hunter. The world is very attractive to explore, and the hunting experience feels very real. Legit monsters, items, weapons, but the game can get boring after awhile, since you're just basically lurking in the same areas over and over.

I think that's all I can remember at the moment.

The Last of Us

The theme is very depressing to me. Reminds me of death. ;_;

Very good game, though. It's thrilling and the combat thingy is very different than most zombie games. It's not just about blasting the shit out of massive walking corpses. It requires skills. dat hearing sense

Beyond Two Souls

The concept is very cool, having an entity and stuff, but the gameplay is horrible. Game designers back then had tried making movie-like games and they failed very badly, and David Cage is repeating it, just with a better technology.

Edited by Sky Warden
  • Brohoof 1

Oh, it is no contest: Kingdom Hearts is the best game series.

the storyline, the characters, everything about it is just amazing. The best part is, they manage to keep an intriguing storyline even with all the loads and loads of characters involved in it. And I mean, come on. Disney AND Final Fantasy? If that is not awesome, I don't know what is.

minecraft (not really now that it's so popular), portal, portal 2, pokemon series (yep, still like it), realm of the mad god, narbacular drop, scribblenauts series, and of course: mlp sims

Edited by RainbowFlame

Grand Theft Auto V, Grand Theft Auto IV, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City...

Mainly the Grand Theft Auto series. There's also Red Dead Redemption, in which Rockstar Games captured the western era the right way. Making money feels so good in that game.

I got Sleeping Dogs earlier this year and I like beating up so much people. Although I rarely get the cops on me, police can be a nuisance.

A game from ten years ago, SpongeBob: Battle for Bikini Bottom was my "main game" when I was 8. I didn't get the story very much, and maybe I had just got 100% completion this summer, but the game was so fun. Now there's nothing left to do.