Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Unico?

Bloodberry

I looked really hard to find a place to put this topic but I cant really fit it somewhere... I guess the best place would be under Anime but then again maybe not... this was a really old Japanese cartoon that was dubbed and aired in English. My family recorded it off the TV (maybe Disney?) on a VHS and was really and truely one of my all time favorite cartoons films(?)

Does anypony rememeber the tiny Unicorn Unico? there were about 2 or 3 films but I only had the first one. The story touched my heart and i guess connects to my love of Ponies to this day.

Can I have a disscussion thread about the Animated films of Unico? Who was your favorite character? what language did you hear it in? Do you think Unico was Male or Female? What if Unico visited Equestria? :wub:

(I've already messed up where to put topics so I hope this one is ok)

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

the manga (which i havent read) started around 1976

but the film i saw and cherish is called:

The Fantastic Adventures of Unico

this was aired in 1983 in America and a few years before in Japan (of course)

• 8 months later...
(edited)

*bump incoming !*

I watched the three cartoons last night.

My favourite was Unico in the Island of Magic

It's the deepest one in my opinion, and the story-building and writing is great.

It's the creepiest one too.

I loved The Fantastic Adventures of Unico too (Chao is soooo cute), but the second half came really out of nowhere.

Seriously, everything goes fine when suddenly some creepy guy kidnaps Chao and then LAVA EVERYWHERE DESTRUCTION EVIL OVERLORD. wtf japan

And this too

srdkL6b.jpg

/showforkids

The short one, Black Cloud and White Feather is nice too, but it feels different, the universe is slightly different and the episode is short, so it feels a bit rushed at the end.

Anyway, all the characters are just great, and Unico is just badass.

For those who don't know the character, basically he's banned from space and time by the gods (or exiled because Venus said so, in the short film, and the mangas maybe) because he brings too much happiness. Each time he makes friends, he's forced to leave them.

And he can one-hit kill pretty much every villain too.

The movies definitely worth a shot, you can find them on youtube. The japanese version has english subs. (I'm not responsible if you have an heart attacks or if you shed manly tears).

Oh, and I my head, Unico is male. I watched Island of Magic in English, and the other ones in Japanese.

I'd like to read the mangas too but they are impossible to find.

Edited by Akihiro&Lavande

I remember Unico. I thought he was rather strange looking for a unicorn, but I thought the stories he was in were rather nice. I remember one story where he befriended some kind of blue devil creature.