Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Moment of Stupidity

L-PinkVsD-Pink327

Okay my life is a never ending montage of these moments. I have a EXTREMELY bad short term memory which means my mind usually makes me do certain things in reverse order, apply the wrong objects to the wrong actions, lose objects, even do a certain action not just twice, not even thrice, but even up to six or seven times in a row!

Example: I have a pill I'm supposed to take everyday for my... well let's call it a mild skin condition. I am to take 2 pills each day with a meal. Side effects of these pills are that they make me feel dry and makes me depressed. I took a pill, then instantly forgot and took 2 more... and yet two more pills, eventually I took about two weeks worth and did not notice! To be short I felt like I was in a desert and desperately wanted to kill myself! Need less to say my concerned mother found out my blunder!

I did the same thing one insomnia filled night with NyQuil, 8 NyQuil pills to be exact, but that was on purpose! Managed to get 1 hour of sleep, and an entire day of sleepy misery!

Curse my faulty short term memory!

I am to take 2 pills each day with a meal. Side effects of these pills are that they make me feel dry and makes me depressed. I took a pill, then instantly forgot and took 2 more... and yet two more pills, eventually I took about two weeks worth and did not notice!

Wow, that sounds alot like me, only reversed.

Last year I was supposed to take an asthma pill (Supposed to help prevent Asthma attacks) when I woke up and when I was about to go to bed. I'd do it the first day, no problem there.

But then the next day I'd be on my way to the bathroom and while I was thinking about it, I would end up thinking I already took the pill (I never went straight to bed, I'd end up taking the pill, doing something I forgot, then go to sleep), so I'd go to bed.

Repeat above paragraph several more weeks and you get the complete picture.

But now I can say the doctor lied. He said there was only a months supply of pills in the bottle. Well guess what? I STILL havn't finished it!

-go to the school without backpack, in half way i notice that i don't have it

-sometimes i have my headphones plugged on the pc and i frogot to dissconect them to go to out of my room

-sometimes i want to put N64 games in the SNES

i feel stupid for that things and more

-go to the school without backpack, in half way i notice that i don't have it

Speaking of school, on the week before summer break I ended up going to school in my casual clothes x.x

The surprise? It took teachers halfway through the day to realise I was wearing casual clothing when I wasn't supposed to.

I put down objects right next to me, and then spend minutes looking for them.

Ironically, I did the former just today with my backpack at our vacation home in Istanbul.

I later found it and took it, but when we were halfway to my grandmother's, I noticed I had forgotten my shoulder pouch instead. I fortunately didn't have anything vital in it, except maybe my Turkish ID which is unlikely to be useful today.

That kind of stuff happens too often for me to remember.

Moment of stupidity when you are talking bad about on of your aunts to your father until you suddenly realize that you're talking about his sister o.O

Ouch is all I have to say. Also, that this is one of the reasons I refuse to talk behind anyone's back.

Stuff like this happens to me everyday. I take a cup out, fill it with water, drink the water, then put the empty cup in the fridge. Another time I finished my dinner, took my plate, silverware, and the table mat and nearly put everything in the fridge. Another time I was looking for my other pair of glasses. I searched everywhere; my room, basement, parent's room, brother's room. It turned out that it was on the table in front of me, the whole time.

A while back, in my old home, I had Legos in the guest room, and in my own room. I was building something in the guest room, and I realized I needed a piece which I had in my own room. I went across the hall (like 3 meters) to my room, and forgot what I was building. I then had to go back to the guest room to look at my creation. I went to my room and forgot again. There was also another time where I was showering, and I took off my underpants, and instead of putting it in the laundry basket I threw it in the trash.

Often I would be washing my hair with shampoo, and right after that, I would wash my hair again without realizing I already did. Sometimes I use my face soap for my hair or body soap for my hair. It takes me a few scrubs to realize what I was doing. Also, once I went to the bathroom in the middle of a movie, and when I went back to my couch and pressed the play button, I thought to myself: "Did I go to the bathroom yet?"

Recently, I was in a hotel, in the buffet. I was choosing my food next to my mom, and I began talking to her. She turned around, and I realized I was talking to a random woman, who was dressed nothing and looked nothing like my mom. She looked at me as though I was insane, then walked away. Oh boy that was embarrasing.

Edited by The Pinkie Eye

Just last week my sister and I were playing ping-pong, and since i'm not very good it was going pretty slow. So I had a cup of grapes beside me so I had something to snack on while I waited for her to retrieve the wild balls I hit to the other side of the room. Anyway, the game started to speed up and when it was my turn to serve I popped the ping-pong ball into my mouth thinking I was still eating grapes. And everyone laughed.

Edited by A.J.

Things like the first paragraph in Pinkie Eye's post happen to me sometimes. And the last one happened to me a couple times, in one of them my hand touched the *ahem* backside of a complete stranger.

The next paragraphs are more about forgetfulness though. I'm pretty sure that doesn't count as stupidity, cuz memory does not equal intelligence for me.

I'm pretty sure that doesn't count as stupidity

I didn't mean literal stupidity when I made the title, just so you know ;)

I guess I should have put the thread title as I really meant, silly things caused by subconsciousness going wrong.

One time I bit my glass... ._______.

Oh! And this one is about someone I know.... He was at the urinal and this kid was next to him. He said the kid's name and the kid was like "what?" and he turned towards him WHILE HE WAS STILL PEEING.

I was fundraising door to door for this school thing. One homeowner let me inside because it was cold.

After she bought something, I called out "LOVE YOU!" to her, thinking she was my mother and I was leaving her house.

It was more embarrassing than it sounds.

• Brohoof 1