Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming What difficulty do you usually start at?

Evilshy

Normal, generally. I don't recall the last game which I started on the easiest difficulty. After beating the game on normal, I tend to expand my horizons and aim for hard.

I never played MGS2 or MGS3 on European Extreme.

Really depends on what game i'm playing, usually i start off with a difficulty above Normal if it's available from the start. I prefer games who let you choose something between Normal and Hard/Hardcore, then when you complete the game, it will offer you the highest difficulty.

The idea is that it let you choose between a few options which are considered "Moderate" and still allow you to "learn the game" without struggling too much.

• Brohoof 1

Its weird, the games I play nowadays tend to be multilayer. This is good because you can't just "BUG" the computer to find a way round doing things properly.

I normally play on the hardest difficulty when I play other games, makes them a lot more fun and rewarding when you complete them!

I find that I'd much rather just handicap myself in some way on Normal games than play Hard/Expert/whatever high difficulty is. It seems "fairer" to me, for whatever reason. I'd like to start on equal ground with an opponent, rather than knowing that my opponent's attacks/abilities/whatever are twice as powerful as my own.

Depends on my mood and how hard the toughest difficulty actually is. If hard mode doesn't turn the game into a game like I wanna be the guy where it's basically trial and error, or a game that requires a lot of prior experience like Tales of Symphonia then I'll often do that.

Otherwise normal mode. I will sometimes put easy mode on for snes games where I just wanna play them to have fun or get through it quick though.

(edited)

I play Hard... ON THE STAR WARS GAMES!

Though Seriously.. I Usually either Play Hard Or Normal.. But if I'm playing Platformer's.. I'm going up to their Highest Difficulty Possible.

Edited by The Scout

First playthrough I typically start on the default difficult, the one meant to ease the player into the game without making them want to chuck multiple controllers against a wall. Once the controls become near second nature, I may choose to up the difficulty on subsequent playthroughs. Keyword being may.

I'll typically start on normal/medium, or whatever the default is, depending on the game. If it's a game in a series I've played before, or a game with mechanics that are easy to pick up on, I'll probably kick things into high gear on a hard difficulty; the hardest available, if it's a game I like.

Ready for this....

First playthough on easy to get a feel for the game.

Then do a playthough on normal, just to have fun.

Then hard, usually foan acheivment or to have a challenge.

Then finnaly on whatever is next and so forth for achevments and challenge.

So yeah I go in order.

I always bump it to it's hardest so I can get the most challenging experience.

And I despise any game that requires me to beat it on a specific difficulty to unlock the next one. That is just stupid.

I mostly play TF2, so it depends on the server and the people playing.

It might go like this:

-Easy = Other team has noobs

-Normal = Other team has people that have been playing for a couple of months

-Hard = Other team has people that know what they are doing, and my team has people that don't know what went wrong.

-Brutal = Other team is full of pubstompers.

I am also playing Diablo III, but you need to beat the game in normal to access the other difficulties.

Usually I will start on Normal or Medium, so I can change it if it is too hard or easy.

In CoD, I do the same thing, then play it through on veteran for the achievements and because I like breaking my controllers in half.

• Brohoof 1

I usually start with Normal and adjust as needed. Usuaully I end up going up to hard though. Oddly, I have played some games that have messed up difficulty levels where the Easy setting is actually harder than the Hard setting. Some games I turn it up to the hardest setting even if I can't handle it - just for laughs. Unreal 2004 + 31 bots + Godlike + Super Beserk + tiny map = funtime! ^_^