Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming What difficulty do you usually start at?

Evilshy

I play at easy most of the time, because I just want to have fun. 

Sometimes, but not often, I'll give medium a try.

It depends on how I feel and what the game is like.

• Brohoof 1

I always start out on the easiest difficulty, then work my way up. How fast I go up the difficulty ladder depends on how confident I am and how well I'm doing.

• Brohoof 1

I usually start on easy or normal. On FPS, I usually start on the highest difficulty setting. On survival-horrors like Silent Hill, I start on Easy Action Level, Extra Hard Riddle Level.

The choice of difficulty settings is very important in Silent Hill, because you cannot change it once the game starts.

• 2 weeks later...

It depends on if the game has difficulty options, but usually normal. Not too hard, not too easy.

On most video games, I tend to start off on Normal mode, which is mostly default. If said video game seems to be hard, then I'll adjust it to easy mode and see how things go. But that's always rare for me though. 

I always play normal first.So that way that game isn't too easy that I get bored of it,or too hard where I cant enjoy. If I want to play the game again I would put it on hard.

I am someone who usually plays at normal/medium for just about all games.

All except some RPGs. I started Witcher II at easy because the combat system was confusing as first, but as I got used to it I switched it back up to normal. Dragon Age: Origins however...I switched between medium & easy depending on the area and enemies. Same with Dragon's Dogma. I ended up finishing both on easy.

I'll just about always do the initial playthrough on "normal."  If I complete a game and still want more, I might go through again on "hard."  I don't start on hard mode because I want to have the most enjoyable experience I can the first time through, which may ultimately lead to my playing it again / getting good enough to think I can tackle higher difficulty settings.  If there aren't any difficulty settings for a game, I'll sometimes set my own little goals / make gameplay more difficult in certain ways.  The Super Mario series is a good example of the last thing: I've beaten eleven side-scrolling Mario titles without losing a man (including SMB2 JPN / a.k.a. Lost Levels).  Obviously, if ever I did lose a man during a zero death attempt, I'd immediately start the game over from the beginning.  Even if I was in the final world.  That's sorta my idea of a self-implemented hard mode. xD

I'd usually start off at normal or easy, but if I find out it's too easy I up the difficulty.

Now, for when I beat the said game, if I ever do a 2nd playthrough, I keep my default at the next high difficulty, up to the point where every playthrough is on the hardest difficulty.

In fact, one of the games I play has been stuck at Very Hard mode for 99% of the playthrough already. (Have yet to do an "Unknown" run which is the hardest difficulty)

Whenever I play Halo, I always start at normal (so i can get my feet wet on the feeling of the game) then once i finish, i jump to Legendary.    As for other games, I always start normal and work my way up. 

I always start at normal, since with most games I find easy to be a breeze and hard to be a bit too much for me, haha.

But most of my favourite games don't have a difficulty so I don't have to worry about this choice often.

I always play it on normal for my first go at the game, I want to enjoy the story and atmosphere of the game without it being too challenging. Then I torture myself by completing the game on the hardest difficulty! :D

I usually start with normal regardless of the game itself, though I often drop it down to easy on FPSs due to my lack of skill at making headshots.  After the first playthrough I'll bump the difficulty up one level for a nicer challenge.

Normal for new games or first playthroughs. Never easy unless it's absolutely necessary, I don't like using easy. :P

Hard for games I've already played a bunch of before, and am doing another playthrough of. Even if it's been ages since my last time playing. It's just, once I've moved up a difficulty setting in a game, I dislike going back down. I must not weak! For I am the strong! :yay:

I play all games on the highest difficult. Whether it's the Legendary difficulty of Skyrim, the Exterminator difficulty of Ratchet and Clank: Gladiator or Japanese Extreme in Metal Gear Solid. There is no other way for me but the most difficult. I don't like things being too easy, I like to push my abilities to the limit and become better and better.

On most I start on Normal. On all the Mass Effect games, I started on Veteran, and have so far only done Veteran - Hardcore - Insanity playthroughs. Normal is too easy for me. It might be because the combat in PC is a lot smoother than on console because you get 10 Quick Slots.