Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have You Ever Turned Anyone Into a Brony?

Miss Dash.

Well, I truned myself into a brony!

But living in Spain makes sharing the love for the show really hard. The spanish dub is awful, Pinkie sounds like an old lady :S

So... I only recommend the show to people with really good english, and don't force it on them. So, I've not converted anybody by now...

• 8 months later...
(edited)

I converted one of my friends into a brony (half-brony), my best friend since years...

my other friends know about it, think it´s funny but are no bronies xD

and you probably shouldn´t copy that sentence everywhere for the mods could mabye be forced to long stuff like that with 100 points...

(normally you get 100 warning points if you violate the character minimum, means: when you post unrelated stuff, spam in a topic)

Edited by Friendship_Cannon

None. There is nopony to convert where I live. That, and I don't get why bronies seem to take so much pride in it. Sure, having a friend get into the thing you like (or like the most even) is fun and exciting, but it's not like it's your mission as a brony to convert others.

None. There is nopony to convert where I live. That, and I don't get why bronies seem to take so much pride in it. Sure, having a friend get into the thing you like (or like the most even) is fun and exciting, but it's not like it's your mission as a brony to convert others.

True, but it's always nice to talk about getting other friends into the herd. Some Bronies do want their friends to like it so that they have someone they physically know to talk about it with; that's reason enough for some Bronies to make it their mission.

Besides, I got into My Little Pony thanks to the encouragement of friends, so I'm thankful of Bronies who wish to spread ponies. Without them, I wouldn't be one myself!

• Brohoof 2

True, but it's always nice to talk about getting other friends into the herd. Some Bronies do want their friends to like it so that they have someone they physically know to talk about it with; that's reason enough for some Bronies to make it their mission.

Besides, I got into My Little Pony thanks to the encouragement of friends, so I'm thankful of Bronies who wish to spread ponies. Without them, I wouldn't be one myself!

Also true, It certainly is nice to have someone you physically know to talk about MLP with. And I'm not against trying to get people to watch the show, but I've seen bronies that seem to have made it their sole mission to convert every single person they know.

Also true, It certainly is nice to have someone you physically know to talk about MLP with. And I'm not against trying to get people to watch the show, but I've seen bronies that seem to have made it their sole mission to convert every single person they know.

Eh, that can be a bit ridiculous, I agree. I guess it should be one of those things where there should be a balance between wanting to spread ponies but at the same time not being too overbearing about it.

*Takes a puff on pipe*

Yes Sirree, that's what we need! Balance!

• Brohoof 1

Maybe around like eight or nine of my friends. More pegasisters then bronies.

(JUST COPY AND PASTE THIS REEEEAAAALLLLY LONG SENTENCE INTO YOUR REPLY IF YOU DONT HAVE ENOUGH CHARACATURES TOOO COMPLETE YOUR POST)

I don't convert anyone into a brony. I'm not a missionary from the Church of Bronies to convert anyone to bronies. I mean, why would you want to convert them?

If they don't like it. Then just leave it at that. They can discover the show among themselves and start to become bronies. I just don't like bronies who try to cram the show down someone's throat. That's what I don't like.

Otherwise, just don't convert anyone. Just wait patiently and they'll discover it somewhere.

• Brohoof 2

Zero.

And I don't plan on doing so either.

"Conversion" is completely unneeded and unnecessary. I'd rather mention it once or twice when brought up in normal conversation, but allow them to decide if they wanna watch it for themselves without the pestering.

• Brohoof 3

I'm actually trying to convert my friends right now...

they don't know I'm a brony but they know of the show and I make positive comments about it and say RAINBOW DASH!! all the time!

Sometime they get curious about they show and they will like it MUAHAHAHAlaugh.png

(edited)

Agree with Haven and Yesfan, I haven't converted anyone and don't plan on doing so. It's cool to see someone join the herd, but they should really discover the show on their own. I mention the show from time to time, but I let others do as they please, and not push them into watching the show.

Edited by Neptunebyte
  • Brohoof 1

I don't convert anyone into a brony. I'm not a missionary from the Church of Bronies to convert anyone to bronies. I mean, why would you want to convert them?

If they don't like it. Then just leave it at that. They can discover the show among themselves and start to become bronies. I just don't like bronies who try to cram the show down someone's throat. That's what I don't like.

Otherwise, just don't convert anyone. Just wait patiently and they'll discover it somewhere.

I agree with this to an extent, but that's a bit ridiculous to never try to share the show with anyone else. I share other shows, games, and interests with everyone, why can't I mention My Little Pony to someone?

I understand not wanting to cram it down people's throats, but since I was converted by friends I can't say that I'm against sharing it with others. They didn't cram it down my throat, they simply suggested I try it and that I'll like it, and I did and I did like it.

I see nothing wrong with sharing it as long as the person doing it doesn't become obsessed with sharing with others.

• Brohoof 1

I agree with this to an extent, but that's a bit ridiculous to never try to share the show with anyone else. I share other shows, games, and interests with everyone, why can't I mention My Little Pony to someone?

I understand not wanting to cram it down people's throats, but since I was converted by friends I can't say that I'm against sharing it with others. They didn't cram it down my throat, they simply suggested I try it and that I'll like it, and I did and I did like it.

I see nothing wrong with sharing it as long as the person doing it doesn't become obsessed with sharing with others.

You can mention My Little Pony to someone else, and then just leave it at that. They will watch it and see if they become a brony or not.

Yeah, just don't cram it down like all rabid bronies do.

You can mention My Little Pony to someone else, and then just leave it at that. They will watch it and see if they become a brony or not.

Yeah, just don't cram it down like all rabid bronies do.

Precisely! I can't stress enough that there can be a balanced between both principles. I subscribe both to sharing with others and keeping things to yourself, but I think casually sharing My Little Pony with others and letting them decide for themselves on their own time whether or not they'll get into it is just fine.

I treat it like my other interests in that I share them with others to see what they think about them so that we can find mutual interests. If My Little Pony isn't one of them, that's fine; I just tell my friends to check it out sometime, and leave it at that. They can make up their minds whether or not they even want to give it a chance.

I don't particularly like the term "convert" in this case as it makes it sounds a bit cult like for my taste though I do understand that convincing someone to try the show so long as you don't push them too hard is not the same as shoving it down their throats. I haven't really convinced anyone to watch the show nor do I have any immediate plans to do so though I am open to doing so if I think the individual might be interested I of course won't force the issue if they say no. A good friend of mine convinced me to give this show a try and since he hasn't steered me wrong before I did give him the benefit of the doubt despite my initial skepticism, if you would have told me a year ago that I would be watching a show about cartoon ponies I would probably laugh at you.

• Brohoof 1

I don't particularly like the term "convert" in this case as it makes it sounds a bit cult like for my taste though I do understand that convincing someone to try the show so long as you don't push them too hard is not the same as shoving it down their throats. I haven't really convinced anyone to watch the show nor do I have any immediate plans to do so though I am open to doing so if I think the individual might be interested I of course won't force the issue if they say no. A good friend of mine convinced me to give this show a try and since he hasn't steered me wrong before I did give him the benefit of the doubt despite my initial skepticism, if you would have told me a year ago that I would be watching a show about cartoon ponies I would probably laugh at you.

Ha, that's exactly the way I treat it to! Honestly, without my friends giving me a gentle shove toward the show, I honestly would've never given it a second chance, since I had watched the first episode before and thought nothing of it.

I don't even know how the old me would feel about me being hopelessly addicted to liking My Little Pony...

Oh well, at least I never have to find out!

I've only directly revealed the magic of friendship to one person; my sister.  She was mildly interested in it already, and then I showed her some of my favorite fan works (Epic Wub Time, Knights of Time and Space, and Doctor Whooves and Assistant).  She then went off to watch all of the episodes on her own, and will now identify herself as a brony/pegasister (even if she's not quite as involved in the fandom as I am).  I may have indirectly revealed the magic to several others as well (friends who learned that I'm a brony and wish to see what all of the fuss is about) but I haven't confirmed that.

I personally haven't "converted" any friends as bronys, but it was my friend who showed me the show. It was very simple: 

She quoted the show.

I thought it was funny.

I watched the show.

Here I am now.

I'm not too open about being a brony, though I do attend cons and talk to people about it there tongue.png

(edited)

Well.... When I was ill one day, I decided to see what all the fuss was about, all over MLP. Soon I got pretty addicted and worked may way through season one and even skived off school the next day to watch more episodes. I didn't know about bronies and pegasisters then. My two cousins are my best friends, and one of them was upset, so I sent her the link to the first episode and she felt so much better and told me she loved it too. This is mainly because we both weren't embarrassed to say it was good, even though we thought little girls watched it. My cousin told her sister about it, and I also mentioned it to her, but sadly she wasn't interested, thought it was babyish and pretty stupid. Then, magically she fell in love too. (Must have secretly gone to look at it, or watch with her sister. ) thanks to moi, we are all now pegasisters and PROUD!

BROHOOF.

(Also, I've introduced MLP to 2 other gals, but don't seem too interested. )

Thanks for reading!

~MojoDash

Edited by MojoDash
  • Brohoof 1

I'm in the process of converting my brother. Started out where I would watch an entire season of any anime he chose, and in exchange he would watch two episodes of MLP. Last week I watched a three hour mare-athon of my favorite episodes and he sat through the whole thing without complaining (and I didn't even ask him to, he just sat down and watched it) so I think that I'm making progress.

• Brohoof 1

I have converted 3 people to bronies (it only took a few days) they all refused to admit it at first, but they eventually accepted that resistance is futile. Now they love the show (but we still can't agree who is best pony)