Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have You Ever Turned Anyone Into a Brony?

Miss Dash.

I didn't really convert anybody. The first one gave it a try as he was already a furry, and he knew I liked it and I said good things about it. The second one heard me and other friend talk about nothing but ponies for like a week so he watched a few on Netflix. Before he knew it he'd watched all of them. We then proceeded to obsess over ponies during lunch time. Ahh, good times.

• Brohoof 1

Today I tried to convert a friend of mine. He came over to my place, and well, this place is pretty ponified right now. I've been pretty open with my brony-ness lately so he already knew about it. He kinda laughed at me when he saw all this stuff though.

Finally he said: "Well, show me an episode then." So I did. He was not completely sold on it though, so I sort of made him watch another one. In the end, he was not that sure if he liked it anyway. He seemed quite skeptical, but he did see some qualities in the show. 

I was a bit dissapointed, but I remembered that for a lot of us, this obsession sort of grew over time in our minds.

So maybe, just maybe, I have planted a seed that will hopefully take root some day. (okay, that sounded disgusting sorry)

Semi-interesting updatezz: My friend just wrote me this: "I can't get the mlp theme song out of my head", (recites lyrics), "I think I'm losing it", "I need to go on a detox"

Me: "don't try to fight it"

And so it begins... 

• Brohoof 2

In fact yes, I have turned my best friend into a Brony, and my other friend into a Brony, as well as my sister...

My best friend and my other friend sworn they would never watch My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. My best friend accidentally saw a Discord picture, and wanted to know who he was, so I showed him the episode, and a few more pictures of him... He then wanted to watch the first two episodes, and by the end of two months, he watched all the episodes of MLP. 

My other friend happened to watch a little of it on his other friend's computer who was being occupied by his son or daughter. He then came to me, and told me that he liked the show, and wanted to see more of it, so we watched more, and slowly he transformed, and "Joined the Herd"

• Brohoof 1

Sylentmana, turned my into a Brony, will rekindled my pony fondness. I watched G1 and G2 when I was growing up. I was at our monthly Navy Reserve training and he was like, hey do you want to watch MLP:FIM I was like sure. That is what got me rehooked.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Oh yeah. Plenty of people. I was the first person I knew to become a Brony. Haha, I think I mostly forced upon my friends and family to see the show, but most of them at least remained fans even out of my sight. :P I guess I was kinda evil that way, but I didn't want anybody stereotypically 'missing out' on the ponies. 

Edited by IncognitoKiwoy
  • Brohoof 1

• 4 months later...

Have you ever showed mlp fim to a friend and now they are a brony. if so how did you introduce it to them

-radicalpony

and , hiya. We had a few threads floating around for sharing whether we've ever made anybody we know into a brony, so your topics have been merged with an older one. Just letting you know :). My younger brother and sister became fans of the show after we watched it together :D

• Brohoof 1

One Saturday I showed two episodes to my boyfriend as a joke when we didn't have anything else to do... and he started watching the rest on his own. We're going to watch the season 4 premiere together tomorrow.

I managed to convert my friend into a brony. The other day at lunch we were walking down to get chips and we were talking about something (I can't really remember) and she just goes "I can't! I simply can't!" and I was like

"mission accomplished" img-1379355-5-xtWXQl1.png

Edited by MidnightInferno

My parents are still in the denial phase, believing that bronies are just a group of gay men in someone's basement, and they watch MLP for some sort of weird, pedophilic, sexual pleasure.

Not a day goes by, really, when I don't get mocked for being a brony by my family. I've managed to reduce the taunts a bit by pretending I only watch MLP for the comedy, and that its just another anime to me.

But one day... one day, I'll tell them.

• Brohoof 2

I have a wonderful story including the gradual infection of what is only known as 'teh ponis'.

Week one: Subject has been in first contact with 'teh ponis'. Is showing an increasing amount of pony references and sarcastic jokes. Subject has not watched the show as of yet, however communication with an already fully infected individual (me ^^) has increased the rate of contamination.

Week two: Subject has grown fond of 'teh ponis' and has been confirmed to start watching. Has started referencing the show while with group of friends, only me and him get the jokes. Subject and I have started exchanging pony memes and spending 3 hour sessions on skype talking and laughing about the show.

Week three: Subject has watched all of 'teh ponis' and has been organised to watch the season 4 premier together with infected individual at subject's house.

Convincing my friend to watch this show has brought lots of joy to both me and him and now we are considering going to BUCK for our 16th because we were born a day apart :D

• Brohoof 2

I had actually told a friend from elementary 4 days after joining the forums here back in August and they had enjoyed it. Had not spoke to her since. I don't know if i'm getting to my sister though, but she is showing signs of being a Pegasister. She had said something about me being a tree a week or two ago, and mentioned frosting this morning like from the season 4 premiere.

My parents are still in the denial phase, believing that bronies are just a group of gay men in someone's basement, and they watch MLP for some sort of weird, pedophilic, sexual pleasure.

Not a day goes by, really, when I don't get mocked for being a brony by my family. I've managed to reduce the taunts a bit by pretending I only watch MLP for the comedy, and that its just another anime to me.

But one day... one day, I'll tell them.

Bro...

The struggle. Keep strong, Dark Horn. Keep strong.

Hopefully one day you can tell them and they will understand. I can't stand to see another Brony suffering because of liking a show. Really wears on one's soul.

• Brohoof 1