Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have You Ever Turned Anyone Into a Brony?

Miss Dash.

No, but I'm thinking of trying to get my other brother to at least try to be one. I have two brothers (and no sisters), one of whom is a brony like me, but he doesn't know that I know he's a brony, or that I'm one as well.

Well, I almost turned my brother... Unintentionally.

I don't convert people into bronies, because I'm happy with myself and my small group at school, and my half brother (although he doesn't know I'm one yet...)

Edited by Twilight Sniper

My brother converted me, then he left the fandom, then i converted him again! I turned a brony around the end of season 1, and then we both forgot about the show until season 4 was 3 months away. I marathoned all the episodes twice and my brother told me to grow up. I showed him discord (which he has never seen before at that time), and he simply shouted SOLD! and that was it....

I also planted a seed of conversion in a friend of mine. I showed him only a few videos, one of which was the elements of brony (the first 30-40 minutes), and he now respects bronies, but he isn't one yet. But as soon as you make that first step, there's almost no going back. I bet he will tell in a week or two that he is a brony too!

All my other friends either don't mind, or don't know... Maybe i should start converting some more  :D

I'm subtly trying to convert someone. On a strange way.

Whilst keeping my closet brony status.

Just telling the guy that the show isn't so bad, "Why the hell would these people be gay?!!?" Stuff Like that. 

Maybe one day, he'll turn. 

one of my sisters and maybe my brother. i was watching it and they started watching it with me. my brother was acting disinterested, but his eyes were glued to the screen. also, i noticed he uses my phone sometimes when I'm asleep. , (he doesn't know how to clear history on my phone)

I kind of converted my little bro into one. He's even joined the forums. Though, he reminds me of my dad; knowing what a brony is, but not fully internalizing the concept. He's NEVER watched a single episode with the show, unless he's watching it with me. He set up his account last week... and hasn't been on since...

I personally don't think he can be a brony until he fully internalizes the concept.

Myself. I'm not the most influential person I guess. 

Dunno why, but I cracked up pretty hard at this.

And since my last post, I haven't turned anyone into a Brony, but my brother and two of my cousins love the show, so that's pretty awesome. Even got one of my cousins a Derpy shirt for Christmas, and he really loved it.

I've converted many people, and every single person had the same response. Isn't that a girls show?

So I would just tell them that they need to at least watch it, and then it would begin.

Lots of people, internet and rl xD

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've never consciously made someone a brony. A few of my friends were interested in why I watched the show all the time, so I showed it to them without really thinking about it and lo and behold they are now bronies :D

I may be slowly but surely getting my roommate to warm up to MLP:FiM.  She occasionally watches new episodes with me and seems to truly enjoy them.  Now that there isn't an ongoing Transformers series for her to focus on, her interest in MLP seems to have picked up somewhat.  She has already voiced a hilarious MLP fandub with a bunch of fellow Transformers fans and she also helped me get my Fluttershy plushie.

She's not a Brony/Pegasister yet, but give her time. :)

No but my friend and a bunch of other kids at my school turned me into a brony. It is like your friends telling you to do drugs. You can only say "No" for a certain amount of time before you give in!

Lol, JK. I don't do drugs.

• Brohoof 1

No but my friend and a bunch of other kids at my school turned me into a brony. It is like your friends telling you to do drugs. You can only say "No" for a certain amount of time before you give in!

Lol, JK. I don't do drugs.

That's too bad.

I mean...

Stay in school, kids.

• Brohoof 1

• 6 months later...

Not yet. 

Although I could likely make a brony out of one of my cousins, who is somewhere around my age.

We were talking about TV shows and such, I told him MLP: FiM was my favorite and his was Adventure Time. He thought it seemed kind of cool that I watched it.

(edited)

Yes. I showed three of my cousins-one was 7(boy) one was 8(girl), one was 14(boy), and my 15 year old brother the show, and they loved it, so they became part of the fandom! :D

Edited by Midnight Gaze

(edited)

I turned my mom pegasister shortly after I became a brony.  And I guess I turned this one friend of mine brony.  I'm kinda not really sure, actually.  When I first became a brony, I told him about it.  He's was fine with it, of course.  He's probably the most open-minded, tolerant, least judgemental person on the planet.  However, he didn't have any interest in the show whatsoever.  Just not to his taste at all.  I knew he'd be bored out of his mind if he watched it.  Or so I thought.  I got a text from him two days ago.  Now, keep in mind, this is the first and only thing he's has ever said to me about MLP, period.  Completely out of the blue, he says, "I guess my favorite shipping would be Pinkieshy."

I responded about like this:

tumblr_m7bm5rNDob1rys4czo1_500.gif

It was just so random.  So then he tells me that he's watched the first two seasons so far.  That just blew my mind.  So I guess I turned him brony.  :D

Edited by Justin_Case001
  • Brohoof 1