Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your darkest fears

Johny Farenheit

I fear loneliness from not being accepted. I don't know, I guess it just seems to me like there is nothing worse than being alone with no one who understands you. That thought is just something that gives me shivers.

I also fear drowning. I once almost drowned in a canal when I was a kid (luckily my dog swam out and saved my life). Ever since then I just do not like water. I hate going swimming unless it at someplace very calm and shallow. The thought of having your oxygen slowly depleted from you while in the water... ugh what a horrible way to go.

inb4 someone jokes about Feld0.

The ocean.

Why you might ask, the ocean is a beutiful place and should not be feared.

I call bullshit. Is this beautiful?

Posted Image

Diden't think so.

Also the fact that you NEVER knows whats under you and the fact that we know more about space than we know about our own waters.

Yeah, basically that. I never understood why people liked the ocean and the beach so much.

Failure, to the point where it can cause me to completely freeze up. It's a difficult thing for me to overcome

Me too. I learned to use that fear to drive my success, but it ties my stomach in knots until I turn it around.

Battle. Funny isn't it, Ol' Sarge has a fear of combat? Damn right, every time I had to go outside the wire on a convoy (which was every day) when I was in Iraq, I would be almost sick in the gut, but the once I got rolling, I would forget about it.

Me too. I learned to use that fear to drive my success, but it ties my stomach in knots until I turn it around.

Battle. Funny isn't it, Ol' Sarge has a fear of combat? Damn right, every time I had to go outside the wire on a convoy (which was every day) when I was in Iraq, I would be almost sick in the gut, but the once I got rolling, I would forget about it.

I understand that for sure... I'm getting better at controlling it myself. Actually something kinda inspired me in the manga Naruto where one of the ninjas had a similar fear and someone told him something along the lines of thinking of failure helps nothing, the only thing you should be thinking of his how to make the operation a success. And I realized there is a lot of truth to that.

What will happen will happen, the only reason to ever have regret in any outcome is if you didn't fully devote yourself to the situation in mind and body and do the best that you can do.

• Brohoof 1

My biggest fear is death. The thought that one day I will be in an everlasting , dreamless sleep scares me. Also the thought of what comes after death is a bit frightening. There are so many different theories of what the afterlife is like.. I don't know which to believe.

(edited)

My biggest fear is death. The thought that one day I will be in an everlasting , dreamless sleep scares me. Also the thought of what comes after death is a bit frightening. There are so many different theories of what the afterlife is like.. I don't know which to believe.

Hmm I've thought of something like the long dreamless sleep you're thinking of... The way I see it though is if that were the case it would go by really really fast because dreamless sleeps seem like an instant, no? I think when we die the time it takes to go from this consciousness to whatever the next will be will feel instantaneous to us because of this.

Of course I could be wrong and our souls may have consciousness and we will only be able to hover around in the same place for all eternity... But I prefer to not think that way

Edited by Hollowshield
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

The Exorcist, and I haven't even seen the film at all. The spelling and structure of the word itself is unsettling.

Edited by DeltaTangent

Spiders because well come on..eight legs and the ones that have like fuzzy fur on them *Shudders*

I am also scared of water, I've almost drowned while i was younger and since then I can't stand it. Of course I drink it and stuff but you know pools and stuff scare me.

I generally try not to delve into that part of my heart, but for you, I shall.

Above all, I fear being fully awake, because the fog of the fantasy world I've enveloped myself in has become my shield, and if I'm not in a dream-like state, I may well lose my grip on sanity. It hurts me so much when I so much as inch out of the shell I've created for myself. Here it's safe and here it's warm, here the daze guards me from all harm. Here my dreams are safe and tomorrow brings them tru--eeyup, that's enough. Sorry about me getting carried away there.

Basically, waking up.

Although I'm not as terrified as you on that subject, I have to admit that fantasizing has helped me through difficult times. In fact, if I find myself not fantasizing for a while, I start to feel dull and empty. You see, in my fantasies, I usually do stuff I could never achieve in real life. Without my daily dose of fantasy, I find myself being very negative about my shortcomings. It does however seem, that although I can easily express my thoughts verbally, I never found a way to write these down so that I can share the result of my pondering and the lessons I learn while fantasizing with others. And, if I was able to write it down, I might just try and write a fanfiction, just to kill some time.

Heights, water that comes up higher than my waist, burning/housefires, lightning. I used to be afraid of clowns, but now they just irritate me. I don't like the King from the BK commercials. For one, he's creepy as hell, and B. I worked for that evil company for 3 and a half years. I hope they go bankrupt.

I'm afraid of loss, betrayal and being forgotten. Death doesn't scare me because I believe in reincarnation so I don't worry about it. But being forgotten is something that terrifies me. I presume that is due to my subconscious egotistical behavior.

Loss, and more specifically betrayal, also scares me, because to lose the trust or someone entirely to the unknown is horrendous to me. I guess that's why I make few close friends because to have to part is an unbearable feeling.

(edited)

inb4 someone jokes about Feld0.

The ocean.

Why you might ask, the ocean is a beutiful place and should not be feared.

I call bullshit. Is this beautiful?

Posted Image

Diden't think so.

Also the fact that you NEVER knows whats under you and the fact that we know more about space than we know about our own waters.

Thats an angler fish, and they are usually only 20cm long, CAN grow up to 3.3 feet. They aren't much bigger than the average tea cup. So they can't hurt you, and they wouldn't be lurking under you since they live so deep; there aren't any recent studies on them. (: So no need to be afraid.

Edited by Sun

Thats an angler fish, and they are usually only 20cm long, CAN grow up to 3.3 feet. They aren't much bigger than the average tea cup. So they can't hurt you, and they wouldn't be lurking under you since they live so deep; there aren't any recent studies on them. (: So no need to be afraid.

Could say the same thing about harmless spiders.

And it was just one of the MANY MANY exampels.

Could say the same thing about harmless spiders.

And it was just one of the MANY MANY exampels.

Angler fish cant get you, harmless spiders can. See the point?

You can see a harmless spider, but not an angler fish because like I said; they live too deep in the ocean to even get recent studies.

(edited)

Angler fish cant get you, harmless spiders can. See the point?

You can see a harmless spider, but not an angler fish because like I said; they live too deep in the ocean to even get recent studies.

They might not be there, but the thought is. And other fucked up things.

Posted Image

Edited by Vicke

They might not be there, but the thought is. And other fucked up things.

Posted Image

The Basking Shark eats plankton and filters the water while catching them. They do lurk near the surface of some oceans, but in the winter they migrate to the depths, hence the nickname they are given; "Sun fish".

They aren't carnivorous, so it's all good. But yes, I do understand the sight of them or the thought of them might make someone have a fear against them. Not all beings are friendly, but not all are mean either.

McDonald's? dafuq?

No, I'm not really afraid of McDonald's. I just hate it more than anything in the world.